mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 26, 2020 10:27:19 PM

Posted by saynata at Jul 28, 2003 8:16:12 AM
Re: PvP, game design, and what's fun
garf wrote: 
i wont get into all this at too much detail, but im not entirely sure what yer pillaging problems are.

quick calculation: a small sloop with 5 people at average speed need what, 5 rum tops from alpha to turtle. thats about 250 poe. 2 battles on that trip are surely easy to get (unless the brigands hide again). if ye win them both, ye will have a booty of about 1500 poe, not counting eventual rare commodities (ye still can get krakens blood while sailing a sloop.. with about 8-9 pirates aboard, most of the brigs seem green). that leaves 1250/5 or 250 poe per nose net profit. where is the problem here?

I highly doubt that you're going to make 1500 with 5 pirates in two hits, unless you're going to hit brigs with your five. I'm also not so sure about your rum-swilling numbers, esp. because if you hit enough ships to make 1500, you're going to be going up and down in speed. (Night before last, I hit three ships with myself and my swabbies-150, 100, and -150) for a very slim margin of +100, which didn't cover my 3 rum.
----------------------------------------
[size=9] Saynata, Captain and Supreme So-and-So of The Sirens; Former Mistress of the ol' Sew 'n' Sew.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates