mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2020 3:29:25 AM

Posted by Aralyn at Jul 28, 2003 5:23:57 AM
Re: PvP, game design, and what's fun
The using rum during battle is another thing that has cut down trading a whole lot. Trying to get to Spring I got intercepted 4 times in the first 3 leagues (and usually get intercepted at least 4 or more during that long trip on all runs). Since the swabbies' skills in sailing and token production seem to have reduced greatly, I don't always get away so have to wait through the battle. It helps if I have some good crew mates to take along with me, but they are not always on. I try to take some new members with me instead, but since they are still learning, they don't add much to the swabbies token production either.

So all the rum used in all those fights, plus most likely having to pay someone to come with you (if you have no friends on at the time that just want to help), is another reason I feel that most people that like to trade before won't be doing it as much now. All the profits will be eaten from the high cost of rum at the moment, and sometimes they may come out behind instead of ahead.

Also it seems that finally getting up to full speed now does not stop the brigands from attacking. If going full speed still helped to out run them, then it might not be AS bad.

Ashlyn

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates