mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 4, 2020 9:29:14 AM

Posted by stevoid at Jul 28, 2003 5:08:58 AM
Re: PvP, game design, and what's fun
I agree that one thing that would help make pillaging more profitable just now would be to stop drinking rum during the sea battle, if that's possible to implement...if you're out for a few long fights it can seriously get through it. Now that there are plenty of targets it's great, but today I got through 2 or 3 rum during one fight and then scooped 105 poe which didn't cover what was drunk during it. (Ok that's solo, so a higher division of the crew cut would cover it with players on board, but it would have to be a pretty high percentage just now.)

When the commodities settle down to a better level then prices will drop a bit, but it's still going to make it a fair whack of a crew cut if the rum continues to be drunk; more players tends to mean longer battles so a smaller ship doesn't have nearly the difficulties of trying to stock a brig full of players with enough rum to get from a to b!

(And apart from the sea battles, I don't know HOW much it would cost me in rum when I booched nav on a brig and had to try to get up speed again...)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates