mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2020 5:06:44 PM

Posted by Thunderbird at Nov 20, 2003 1:15:13 PM
Re: chat ideas
I would personally like the ability to mute a particular channel sometimes. Particularly Crew and Jobbing chat. The reasoning behind this is, when one of the PPA instructors is giving a lesson, said instructor will ask everyone in the crew to keep the crew chat down. Of course, people who log in later don't immediately know this, so they use crew chat as normal, and slightly disrupt the lesson taking place on board a ship. Having the ability to mute your crew channels would be nice for this type of situation. If Flag chat ever becomes a reality, this should be mutable as well. The following should not be mutable:

Vessel (get off the ship if you don't want to hear this)
Speak (Get out of the chat circle/building/ship to cancel this out)
Tell (if someone needs to get your attention, they need to be able to do this)
Emote, Think (same reasons for Speak)

Vessel and Speak muting would be pointless, IMO, since you can just get out of where you're at to stop hearing them, and if you're in an area where you're hearing them, then you're taking up a spot that someone else could otherwise occupy.
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates