» List all forums
» » Forum: The Mariner's Muse
» » » Thread: Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Contest Entries
» » » » Post: Re: Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Contest Entries
Print at Dec 2, 2020 8:57:25 PM
|Posted by kmf at Sep 28, 2005 6:27:02 AM|
Re: Who Wants to be Hades' Governor? Contest Entries
Jorvik! Gateway to Ruby, a hot dusty landscape littered with stone. Here and there a few trees fight to survive the never-ending drought, and in their fragile shade wilted cowslip blooms. The people who live on Jorvik are a tough lot, used to war and the threat of bloodthirsty brigands smiting them as soon as they set sail. And yet despite their difficult lifestyle, or perhaps because of it, they are a friendly bunch of pirates who enjoy events and welcome new sailors to their shores.
I propose to be their Governor. Again*.
As Governor I would do the following:
1. Quench the oceans thirst for fun and run frequent tourneys with cash prizes. Further more, each tourney held would also have the prize of an aqua bandana as a tribute to cowslip, Joviks national flower.
2. Paint Jorvik aqua! Well, not completely, but some of the bazaars and housing could do with a bit of a spruce up.
3. The entrances to Bleak House and Bungalow Bill are a disgrace! I would hold a competition to find the best use of props to a certain value to make both these dwellings more pleasing on the eye, (prize to be determined but most likely poe).
4. In addition to this, I propose to run one major literary event (most probably a short story competition) , the prize of which would be the deeds to a furniture shop. (This would require OM assistance for impartial judging).
5. Everyone loves the chance to name a shop! I would run a competition two name the two shops that I would need to complete my plan.
How would I afford to do this? I, unlike many other Governors, would not increase the tax rate currently set at 0%. Instead, I propose to build and auction off one furniture shop, which should gain enough funds to enable me to provide entertainment for the wonderful citizens of Jorvik and the ocean at large.
*Yeah, I know I lost Cameloot three times when I was Governor, but I promise to be more careful this time
Looterati, Midnight Ocean
Painting Midnight purple, one ship at a time...
Powered by mvnForum
mvnForum copyright © 2002-2006 by MyVietnam.net