» List all forums
» » Forum: Obsidian Events
» » » Thread: Obsidian Swordfighting League - Winter Edition
» » » » Post: Obsidian Swordfighting League - Winter Edition
Print at Nov 23, 2020 8:05:31 PM
|Posted by Murcatto at Feb 1, 2019 3:47:26 PM|
Obsidian Swordfighting League - Winter Edition
At the insistence of hordes of swordfighters, we're back.
It's never quite sat right with me since Cremate basically tore us apart like origami soldiers.
So I could either have crept around the dungeons, in far-flung libraries looking for occult means to end his life, or trained in the hopes that now was my time.
I considered it heavily, my allergies towards hard work and playing fair didn't seem to go to plan and alas sadly the winter period has seen a significant weight gain, so the only resort left to me now is to seek out those formidable challengers from the summer and to bring along a few new friends.
You heard it right, once more Obsidian, we call upon you to prove to us all, you've still got what it takes to get to the top of the mountain.
We will even take those from Emerald , those Sonic The Hedgehog roids you?re all pumping not included. (We'll be recording.)
We will take those Meridianites , oh nostalgia prove us correct boys; an ocean for when pirates were pirates.
We will even take the decrepit Cerulean players, for one last time. We'll allow freedom from the care home, sword in hand. We've got the WD-40 to show the youth of today the glories of yesteryear.
(What this means is if you have a pirate with Solid or above experience in Sword-fight. You do not need to farm that experience on Obsidian also as long as we confirm your other pirate.)
The format will be changed from the summer. This time we'll be taking inspiration from the World Cup smaller leagues, with more matches and a larger more diverse range of swords.
The only seedings will be those of the "Legacy" players, those who finished in the top 10 in the summer portion.
Where are they now?
1st Seed: Cremate
A peripheral figure since his victory, did the fame potentially get to him? Or the lack of challenge driving him to fade away to the background. Rumour is he still retains ability and one to watch.
2nd Seed: Darksea
Left broken after the last tournament, he became a victim to some unnatural speed in a close fought engagement, inevitably leaving him broke, destitute and even wandering over to Emerald. *gasp* Can he redeem himself?
3rd Seed: Shikamaru
Obsidians young player of the year award, he had style, openers, a quirky Japanese sounding name. He had it all, until Cremate. Another looking to make a return, if you've seen this vagrant hit us up. 0800 - Call - Sol
4th Seed: Pinkhas
Will you be late to the ball again my beautiful little Cinderella? A big name, but ring rust his biggest opponent. Let's see if you can re-capture some of that form, another who has been in and out. We're noticing a trend, such is the melancholy of a swordfighter.
5th Seed: Boinking
One slight sniff of clashing swords and suddenly he pokes his head back up, welcome back amigo. Show us how it's done!
6th Seed: Corteez
A man who dared to go above his station, struggled in the league. But come clutch time, he was all over the players like a slightly horny dock tart. Pushing through all the way to the final, only to meet the immovable force in Cremate, but he's been working hard we're told.
A fresh new island to convert more cultists to his ever-growing sinister designs. Keep an eye open, still one of the most active!
7th Seed: Solitude
Fearing the day he's found out, alongside such illustrious company.
8th Seed: Pasteyman
Vicious rumours circulate about dear Pastey... As some would have it, he's thrown away that pendant of the cross and embraced a far more evil master. His lack of Twitch activity hints at grievous wounds sustained in his final clashes within the league.
A poison leaked into his heart as he has set about laying waste to the unfortunate, can we bring this dark knight back to the light? Will the competition allow us to crack this facade of brutality? He's been active and taking victories - tune in.
9th Seed: Kouvla
Currently MIA, we shall be sending out the doves of doom with messages across the ocean. Find him friends.
10th Seed: Xelliana
The poster girl for skull daggers still being a viable option at the top, carrying illness throughout the last tournament. A fit and fresh Xel shall be something to worry about.
Curiously the final three are all Basterds, has the scheming Pastey been growing a cabal of fighters? Prying Xelliana from that Top Shelf will have taken no small amount of cunning.
So there you have it, we have other Legacy participants who shall be formally invited to join us:
Leetage, Sizer, Matbro, Priapus, Whirlswirl, Havanna, Achotilt
Now you're wondering how do I gain entry....
We will be posting tournaments as frequently as we can over a two week lead-up period beginning Friday 1st February. Winners of the said token will receive an invite to the discord and automatic qualification into the draw for league placement.
Beyond that, during this two week period you may also seek out and challenge Corteez for a wild card entry, as last years finalist he will welcome a Bo5, but you may only challenge him once.
Prizes: (Subject to more additions, if you'd like to donate, then seek out Solitude, Bisca or Smitey. All donations will be recorded on the Yppedia page.)
3 million pieces of eight (in total)
We did request some trinkets from our beloved Ocean Masters, but sadly while the first response was perfect, upon another taking the lead I was met with an auto response I suppose I'd have been better served with smoke signals.
But it would appear dear OSL'ers that on account of no previous event running history. Exhibit A Exhibit B That'll just have to make do xoxoxo
Rules of the OSL:
1) All contestants must record their set back to back and upload to google drive. Failing to provide a recording will constitute a forfeit. To avoid claims of dodgy recordings, please have both pirates visible in the recording. Speak to your opponent first, don't just turn up at brawl table and assume they know.
Link to the drive will be provided.
2) All participants must have Solid or above experience. (If you have it on another ocean we will waive the requirement on Obsidian, this makes it as inclusive as possible)
3) Each participant shall fight each opponent in three "best of five" sets. One point will be allocated per win and an extra will be awarded to the victor of the set, once the Bo5 has begun you must finish it, those leaving prior to the finishing of the match will forfeit that match. Prior to holding your match(es), you may ask a Tick Tock Senior Officer to attend and officiate, but not required.
4) We will have a two-week timeframe for everyone to complete their matches. In the event some matches haven't been completed in that time, those found to have not properly made themselves available will forfeit the set and their opponent will receive three points.
5) The top two from each group shall advance to the final 16 brackets; the final bracket is a BO5 BYO following the mirror ruleset.
6) All entrants choosing to use a reversed falchion will use Green/Green, or Red/Yellow for Non-Reversed. This is to prevent the cheap swapping purely for beneficial patterns with Falchion. For the scimitar and skull dagger portions of the league it will be Green/Green also If you are short of any of those swords, speak to a Tick Tock Senior Officer who will provide you with a loan of one for your match.
7) The three BO5 sets will be with differing swords, set one Skull Dagger vs Skull dagger, set two will be Scimitar vs Scimitar, set three will be BYO abiding by the mirror falchion ruleset, BYO has no stipulation on other sword colours.
8) Discord use while not mandatory would be a huge help to all participating, as it will allow ease of access for fights, which is by far the largest issue encountered. We will also have tutorials on how to upload videos and how to record your screen.
Captain of Tick Tock
Stand & Deliver
Even winning means nothing. We win because its an insult to lose.
Powered by mvnForum
mvnForum copyright © 2002-2006 by MyVietnam.net