mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 24, 2020 2:15:26 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Oct 12, 2018 7:34:43 AM
Re: Jinxed Idol mystery solved?

Of course how post before says, Oceans with less people have a higher chance of many more pirates getting.
Why? I believe it has to do with odds
like a percentage / ammount of people in the ocean

So, more people in an ocean, the odds of obtaining it is higher

This can actually be, to a degree, tested by doing something like Shinito's trophy surevey. Shinto only looked at Emerald, while such a test would need to do several oceans.

I stand by my claim that the lower the population of an ocean is, the more likely a given pirate is to get the jinxed idol. For example, despite not playing on Ice much and that you can only log onto Ice if you are subscribed, 5 of my 24 alts have a jinxed idol, while the ocean I played most on, cerulean, only has 3 (of 111) alts with the jinxed idol.

If someone is interested in doing serious research, you could go through the trophy speculation threads and update Jinxed Idol Speculation yppedia article. Pay special attention to my example of a rarely used alt with the jinxed idol. As I explain in that post and followups, that particular alt did almost nothing that could have been a trigger, I have a complete, and extremely short, history of what it did. That example acts as a counter example of almost every theory that has been proposed.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates