mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 1, 2020 8:17:08 AM

Posted by wrs1864b at Jul 17, 2018 6:10:15 AM
Re: Large Island Housing & Building Limits

However, building all 7 bazaar types now leaves the island at 7/10 shoppes. To my dismay, a petition to the OMs clarified that there is not a shoppe allowance for housing. This means that unlike the cap for mediums being raised from 5 to 6 when a housing building is placed, the hard limit of 10 still stands. This creates an additional issue not present on other oceans, the main draw for blockading on this ocean is the ability for a winning flag to raze the previous flag's shoppes and build new ones.

I think this is the key paragraph from the OP and I think it is very ambiguous. What the OP thinks it means may be VERY different than what the OM was trying to say. Without the original petition, it is really hard to say.

I really can't make sense of what a "shoppe allowance for housing" means. Of course, there is no allowances for building more shops if you build more houses, they are different types of buildings. The limit on only 10 shops isn't going to be raised if you build 10 houses, because houses don't have anything to do with shops. Medium islands are quirky because housing was added later, so the *building* limit on medium islands is raised by one if housing is built.

See the yppedia article Island
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates