mvnForum Homepage

Print at Apr 2, 2020 7:04:39 PM

Posted by Kyura94 at Feb 6, 2018 2:25:22 AM
Re: Ryuken's Illustrated Distilling Guide
Welp I can't edit the original post anymore because "You cannot edit a post which is older than 60 days." Someone suggested I remake the thread so it can be continually updated but I've mixed feelings about that.

Anyway, further Q&A for what I've been asked, only doing the generic ones as mentioned previously sorry. Would be way too long otherwise.

You said generating a burn isn't worth it based on the numbers. But what if I generated a burn by burning 1 White in 2 different columns?
I've entertained that thought a bit. I think statistically yes you can but how would you pull that off? If I've burnt 1 White I doubt I'd have enough Junk to burn another 1 White. Intentionally burning a White because you foresee having to burn 2 Whites later.. well okay if you want to gamble.

Could you address the point about how abandoning only helps until Master?
Not true. See Clip 1. 6 Feb 2018, YeBloodyBoundingMain Arch on Obsidian.

Variations of the question: Do you abandon CC10/11/12/13/14/15/16, does that improve rank or just prevents dropping?
Clip 1 as well.
Sidenote: 1 variation of this question included Experience into the mix. Odd but anyway, I've brought my alt Ryugun to Neo/Leg via only abandoning (I took one DR hence the Neophyte because i wanted incred distil trophy) and Clip 1 is Ryuken at Sublime. So that should answer that.

Variations of the question: Any tips to help me play faster?
To me there's 2 parts to "playing faster". Accuracy & Calculation Speed.
- Accuracy: In an attempt to say more than "make friends with your mouse", see Clip 2 for one of my warmup habits - Inefficient multiple clicks. It's just what I like to do, maybe that would help you?
- C. Speed: Comes with time. I feel it helps to have some degree of pressure to force yourself to develop calculation speed. Try what I did in the beginning of Clip 1. Send as many CC before you play the endgame, to the point where it's borderline uncomfortable. Your endgame will demand more rapid calculation and less 'autopiloting' that way.
- Sidenote: I like "wiggling" too. See Clip 3. Moved the browns perfectly but White got jammed. I prefer just wiggling instead of re-clicking the White. Sometimes I just can't draw straight lines properly so yeah wiggle.

Should I still be tidying the right side when there's only 1-2 Junk columns left? Can't move browns and blacks through each other as easily anymore.
Yes, in fact that's when it's the most important, as it potentially allows you to push out more Junk columns and delay the CC Chain even more. Just have to get familiar with your movement options. It's not always doable depending on the situation - being able to calculate that takes time too. See Clip 4

Hope that helps. Always nice to hear from people who are growing to appreciate the puzzle.
___

Clip 1 (accelerated) + ending frame

Clip 2 - spam click warmup

Clip 3 - wiggling

Clip 4 - semi-complex tidying of the right side (spices)

----------------------------------------
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates