mvnForum Homepage

Print at Feb 17, 2020 5:11:12 AM

Posted by Kyura94 at Feb 1, 2018 3:05:28 AM
Re: Ryuken's Illustrated Distilling Guide
@rlpowell
Hmm I can't speak for Cerulean because my entire journey from Able to #1 Distiller has been on Obsidian. The best move I suggest would be to Chain->Dismiss until you get Ren, and let the badge give Expert on your behalf.

If you *need* to be giving Expert through the DR, try a broken chain method, like CC2 into CC10. Breaking the chain gives you MUCH more time, flexibility, helps with composure, and almost guarantees enough Whites for the CC10. Just note that it's worse for your rank, but might enable you to churn out Expert DRs (depends on Cerulean's score curve)

@Arianne

So if I get to cc^11 without enough whites to finish a cc^12, it?s actually better for my score to abandon puzzle at the end of the cc^11 instead of waiting to create the last full run of white?

Yup. Refer to the previous simplified model for the averaging framework. I would advocate abandoning everything* that's at least CC6. You only need the DR for competition, or if you want to provide labour. (side note, if you do CC12 or higher, abandoning still registers as labour throughput and you get your PoE payout, since the puzzle is deemed Completed at that point)

*The only exception would be if you get spice trapped or made an error. eg: If you had CC4 followed by trap, a follow-up CC8 would fetch the DR and that's the best you can settle for. Don't abandon at CC4+Trap+CC7 unless you lack the whites for CC8

Hope this helps. Keep at it :D
----------------------------------------
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates