mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 3, 2020 12:03:03 AM

Posted by jlh0605 at Oct 4, 2013 2:18:28 PM
Re: broken template?
Very astute, Sizzly. I believe this problem and the problem you linked to are entirely related.

However, I do not have the time now to work on that... my YPPedia time is severely limited by work, school, and family life now... shame that a pirate has to have a 'real' life. It's especially ironic when I met my real-life sweetheart in the 'pirate life', not the 'real' one.

The if/else logic (and, by extension, switch statement logic) isn't hard for anybody to understand, for a single case. All programming can be summarized as making big problems small, and solving those. However, when the documentation (and spacing) of these logical statements are lacking, it can be very hard to read, edit, and extend. We have a few wiki users like Piripuwa, the original creator of these types of templates, who understand it well, but we all (myself included) have a tendency to forget both spacing and documentation. This makes editing a nightmare.

TL;DR: I'll try to get around to it later (in a few months type of later), but I hope someone will beat me to it.
----------------------------------------
~Jamesh on Emerald

Galene tells ye, "You are awesome."

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates