mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jan 26, 2021 6:41:44 AM

Posted by JJAPS2 at Oct 1, 2013 9:59:28 AM
Re: Fruit Foraging: What controls the spawning of chests?

Not all puzzles have star levels and your starting star level and your standing end up being very closely related. They are probably both based off of an internal score, so saying "it is based on your standing" is not 100% accurate, but close enough for this discussion.

1) Yes, not all puzzles have star levels, but Foraging does.
2) The disadvantage for foraging, at least according to Duty Reports, appears to only last for the first few bananas. Due to the (AFAIK) large bonuses for combos, having a single chest for board 1 is kind of a killer. Once you get to 3-4, it's much easier to achieve Excellent/Incredible.

My estimate would be around:

Tier 1 60%
Tier 2 39%
Tier 3 1%

I would say it is closer to;

Tier 1 66%
Tier 2 33%
Tier 3 1%

This is all well and good. . .but my primary question isn't what the rate is, but rather what causes the rate to be what it is. Is it supposed to be a static value (AKA probability is the same regardless of circumstances,) or is it based on something, like standing or DR results?

It feels like everything I've seen thus far is seriously hinting that the actual Foraging DR, and therefore the standing for such, is practically useless. . .especially with how OOO have "dealt" with the puzzle scoring. I mean, the community has found the "Foraging Bug" a long time ago. It's still in the game, and apparently hasn't been confirmed or denied by the developers. Why, then, would OOO not say a single word on this, or fix the bug? Perhaps. . .and this is complete speculation on my part. . .it's because the developers know that the scoring isn't important, and therefore they're focusing on more important issues than fixing the scoring for a puzzle in which the scoring isn't important?
----------------------------------------
AHEM.........Mentlegen?

Mentlegen on the Viridian Ocean

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates