mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jan 16, 2021 7:22:26 PM

Posted by Franklincain at Jul 15, 2013 7:36:42 PM
Re: What to do with historical crew and flag categories?

Pirates were planned at some point but for right now, they can wait until after the crews and flags are all done.

Fair 'nuff. ;-)
Just wanted a clarification, since this point had come up earlier.

By the way, there are already a few ways we can determine which original ocean a Pirate/Crew/Flag was on. I thought it would be appropriate to document in this thread some of these methods.

For a Pirate, you can look at their trophy page online (i.e.: via the Yoweb tool), and then do a text-search (usually the "F3" function) for the work "banner". If the pirate in question was created before the ocean merge, then that pirate should have the corresponding trophy named "(old ocean) Banner" (for ex.: "Viridian Banner").

For a Crew or Flag, you can use the "History" tab in the wiki page for that Crew/Flag to see what original, pre-merge ocean it started on.

Finally, I do like the idea of having this information incorporated into the actual text of the article in question. So if I didn't do this for any article I've already "ported", then please feel free to make that change yourself, if you'd like.

Franklin
----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates