mvnForum Homepage

Print at Jan 16, 2021 12:11:44 AM

Posted by Franklincain at Jul 14, 2013 4:18:01 PM
Re: What to do with historical crew and flag categories?
All of these obsolete categories have been (and continue to be) in the process of being retired, as editors update the individual articles on specific pirates, crews, and flags.

Case in point: The "Crew" category pages for Midnight and Cobalt were ALREADY DELETED by the time that I started looking into this matter. (Ref.) Given the precedent already set, plus the explicit statement from one of the administrators, it is reasonable to presume that ALL of these old categories are to be retired.

Please note, I am NOT saying that we are losing any info; every single article on each and every pirate, every crew, and every flag will still exist. It is just the CATEGORY pages that are being retired.

(Edit)

Just in case, I thought it would be appropriate to specifically note which three pages we're discussing. If you've not seen these three pages, please take just a moment to look at each of them. Each is just a list of subcategories, an index if you will.

----------------------------------------
Franklin W. Cain (Pirate FranklinCain on Meridian and other Oceans)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates