mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 4, 2020 4:01:22 PM

Posted by Hangmann at Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM
Load the guns - Fire in the Hole!
Here's that cannonering lesson I promised. There's 2 more to come, but here's lesson A.

The Basic Cannon Shot:
The Basic Cannon Shot is done from 2 squares apart in either direction and the boats facing a parallel direction, separated by 1 row like this:

Ye then do not move, and shoot on the 1's tile. The premise is they will move, and whichever tile they select puts them within range of yer guns. This has a 3 in 4 chance of hitting as the only thing they can do to dodge is to not move. After the cannon shot ye can go about doing whatever to get out of their way if ye want to shoot them some more, or to collide after the shot and get to the sword fighting.

Advanced users of the Basic Cannon Shot will recognize when a move tile would place them in the position of the basic cannon shot. For these ye put the move tile, then shoot. If they moved, they be hit. For example:

If I turn left I have set up Basic Cannon Shot A. If they have moved, they will be hit.

Here's another example:

For this one I have to turn right.

Ye can also use sloppy set ups of the Basic Cannon Shot. These occur when ye are not the recommended number of spaces away before firing. They are called sloppy because there is a chance the ship will collide with you and you will therefore not get the shot off. Sloppy Cannon Shot has a 2 in 4 chance of hitting since dodge maneuvers are don't move and collide with yer ship. It still only has a 1 in 4 chance of wasting the cannonball however since if ye collide the gun will remain loaded. Here are examples of the Sloppy Cannon Shot:

In this shot the brigand collides with us if they go straight.

More to come as I get the screenshots - The Rock Cannon Shot and the Edge Cannon Shot. Both with 100% chance of punching holes in their hull!
----------------------------------------
~Thorek
Senior Officer of the Serial Pillagers (Cobalt)

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates