mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 1, 2020 7:02:44 PM

Posted by wrs1864b at May 12, 2009 10:11:09 AM
Re: Conference of the Monarch (Thoughts)

Do you think monarch conferences are resource-intensive?

Compared with Hypnos showing up on the dock and holding a scheduled or impromptu office-hours thing? Yes. And I think the latter probably gives a better idea of what the average pirate is thinking.

The surveys are, in some ways, too structured. Game design is too ad-hoc. I really don't know how structured the conferences were, but the notes that were typed up looked like a pretty random selection of posts to GD that Faulkston would normally lock. I didn't see anything in those notes that hadn't been posted before to the forums.

I could see some use for a middle ground as for structure. For example, instead of the current surveys*, ask people for the top 5 things you would like to see OOO do in the next 6 months, with a strict limit of 160 characters and an option to point a link to a GD thread that was started *BEFORE* the survey started.

*Pet peeve: The surveys all seem to ask questions like "don't you just love the new changes to pillaging?" with the only choices of answer being "Yes, they are awesome!"; "Yes, they are good."; and "Yeah, they are ok." I haven't actually completed several surveys because options for answers all seemed really bad.
----------------------------------------
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates