mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 30, 2020 12:18:23 AM

Posted by burrito at Sep 3, 2003 5:19:18 AM
Re: Ship upgrades and puzzle variations
spinn wrote: 

Oh yah I get it, just that I thought someone made the point that lack of upgrades is what gives PP an advantage over other MMORPGs, in that it's more about what you can do than what stuff you own. I figured it might be interesting if you could get equipment that creates variations, rather than a +2 Cloth of Sailing, say.

If you're just able to buy equipment that makes your character better (rather than you), then PP gets closer to the kind of game that gives an advantage to the 14 yr old who has the time to play 8 hours a day, because all he needs to do is make more money than me. Sure, he might still kick me arse because of his experience, but I'd rather be beat for that than be beat because some kid saved up for a Sword of Extra Breakers.

Very good points. (Though I wasn't talking about improved equipment outside of things that benefit the ships.) I think increased complexity would yield the best overall effect on the YPP population.
----------------------------------------
-Peppy, Senior Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
"Yarr, thar be stairs here."

1st Place, First Drinking Contest, Gaea 24 Hour Bash
2nd Place, Cayte's Sword Tournament, 9/29

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates