mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 4, 2020 10:04:11 AM

Posted by arya_stark at Jul 11, 2004 7:52:39 AM
Re: Seeking Battle Nav Training
I hate battle nav, I'm terrible at it, and I despise getting stuck doing it.

That said, I've gotten infinitely better at it since the changes. Like, I have no clue what I'm doing. I don't try to anticipate a brigand's moves, knowing that their moves are based off of anticipating mine-- that's a lot like Vezzini trying to figure out which cup the iocaine powder is in. I do pretty much the same thing I always have, only now, it seems to work.

What I do is try to run away. When they close on me, I only try to plan for that first move, and spend the rest of my moves getting away from them. They're GOING to close, so it makes it pretty easy for me to plan that first shot and then get out of their range.

It's funnt, because I consider myself to be a pretty horrible battle naver, but in the last few days, I haven't been shot a single time. It's almost as though the updates were designed so people who don't know what they're doing have the advantage against the AI-- like the brigs plan their moves specifically targetting players who are really good at bnav.
----------------------------------------
[size=10]Underfoot, Carpenter of Llyr's Pact

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates