mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 24, 2020 5:01:35 AM

Posted by CapnKiri at Jul 8, 2004 11:04:55 AM
Re: Seeking Battle Nav Training
I'm still learning mate - so I can't tell you what to do to be better - but I can tell you how I've been able to get from completely frustrated to actually winning some and enjoying it more while I learn.

For practicing battle nav - I'd definitely go to a sloop. Also - if you've got a spare alt - use that. The Seabattle stats will be lower and it'll give you time to ramp up your skills against the brigands, rather than be blown out of the water every time. Of course the booty will suck - but I don't think that's the point at the moment?

Also - do you have access to a voice server? If you can voice chat while you are bnavving with people who are helping you out - that makes correcting your strategy possible while you are still in the middle of the battle. I think I found this the single biggest help. (Voice Servers - Yahoo and msn can do both 1 on 1 and conference).

Kiri
(who last night did an emerald run, and only lost 2 out of 5 battles! Woo Hoo!)
P.S.
I don't know if it's just me - but I'm finding they run out of tokens after about 3-4 turns. So waiting for them to run out is not necessarily that boring - in a sloop anyways.
(I'm in a sloop with 1-2 others and swabbies).
----------------------------------------
Ramiro Jr wrote: 
Yohoho!, sir. Yohoho!

Midnight Ocean: Why limit yrself to one archipelago?

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates