mvnForum Homepage

Print at Nov 28, 2020 1:04:30 AM

Posted by quixmix at Jul 8, 2004 8:27:39 AM
Re: Seeking Battle Nav Training
I'll be glad to help anyone with their nav, 50% of the battle is knowing the interface and the tricks I guess is a good word for it. The other half is style and personal preference. But above all its actually 100% practice. Just shoot me a tell or whatever in game, and if I'm not terribly busy, I'll join you for a bit.

Shur is correct in comparing swordfighting style to battle nav style, and the ability to "pick it out". There's actually quite a bit of psychology involved in "being good". Many of us take it for granted because we work intuitively rather than scientificly. But there's quite a bit of "feeling it out" in regards to timing, shot exchanged, and knowing if a fight is worth it at an early point in the game. There's a lot more to take into consideration, those being just a few examples...the battle nav puzzle is actually one of the most engaging, and multi-fasceted activities on YPP. And when you get to the point where you know what you're doing, even losing can become something to not be pissed about, but rather one where you appreciate and learn from your opponent, brigand or human. But aye, its frustrating to get to that point, and takes loads of time and practice.
----------------------------------------
Ace o' Hearts
Captain of The Last Exiles

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates