mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 5, 2020 10:47:59 AM

Posted by glaspell at Jan 9, 2008 9:14:30 AM
Re: Travidar's Ultimate Blacksmithing - YPPedia Guide *PLEASE REVIEW!*
Hoy! Haven't had a chance to utilize the guide yet, but I definitely found it useful. I just had a small question/clarification.

I thought it might be confusing to some people that ye start the guide by saying "You don't have to plan!" and then in the endgame you do. I think the point here is that you don't have to OVERplan, like try to think a whole bunch of moves in advance, and people who read guides are probably less likely to be like "omg no planin haha yay!1!1!!1."

Still, it might be worth mentioning that planning becomes particularly important in the endgame, or that there are certain types of planning that need be done, just not massive pre-planning of moves.

(You are probably a bit faster at the puzzle and yer plannin' then one of us relative beginners is... :P)

Thank ye fer writing that, though - the reminder that how many pieces are left on the board is infinitely (okay, maybe not infinitely) more important than combos was very useful for me, too.

Yarr!
~Wed
----------------------------------------
Wedekind, of Out for Blood, of the flag Tyr's Own
Mifornes, of Hakuna Matata, of the flag Temporary Insanity
Make

Midnight Ocean.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates