mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 1, 2020 10:30:08 AM

Posted by marie61 at Aug 12, 2007 4:55:53 PM
Re: Logical Crafting: Mackerel contestant feedback thread

If there are enough rows left on the loom that it is theoretically possible to make an extra Zebra or Tapestry, then the game doesn't end automatically. I figured that it was silly to make players use the scissors or click done if there were less than 4 rows on the loom. I'll update the storyboard. I looked at the storyboard, and since there are at least four rows left and it's level 2, Cantra did need to use either scissors or the Done button to end the game.

ok, i wasn't looking at the tiny pictures, just reading the text.

Can you suggest a better explanation of the perfect rows? My thoughts were that the various feedback messages (Perfect row!, Double!, etc) would give players enough information that they would understand it.

well, when learning the game, it is sometimes hard to pay attention to the messages that last just a second or 2.

my confusion came from the multiple definitions of the word row. a 4 row pattern made with a single thread is scored as 1 perfect row. maybe you need to just call them single, double, etc as in other games.
----------------------------------------
Armillaria on all oceans
SO Moose of Doom, Cerulean

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates