mvnForum Homepage

Print at Dec 1, 2020 10:53:40 AM

Posted by tcarr at Aug 1, 2007 1:16:13 PM
Re: Logical Crafting: Mackerel contestant feedback thread

* Was the quickstart helpful in learning how to play?
-It was helpful in getting the basics down, but it could use a little more detail perhaps. I didn't understand the beads at all until tcarr turned up and I asked a few questions.

I just updated the Quickstart to include a blurb about beads. It doesn't give detailed instructions on them, but I think there's enough there now that players can either look it up in the "How to Play" tab or else experiment with the beads and spools to figure it out.

* Approximately how long does it take you to play a typical game on a given level, using the default lobby parameters? Does this time feel too long, too short, or about right?
-Five minutes, give or take. That seems a little too short.

It is simple for me to tweak the code so that there are more stars to fill. If enough testers say it's too short, I'll do that for the next version.

The next version (not the contest version) will have a "New Game" button on the side panel, so that you don't have to return to the lobby to start a new game.
----------------------------------------
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2020 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates