• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4949 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
nathwan264

Never been over 100k

Hey i've been playing Puzzle pirates for 3 years, But i've never been over 100k My most money i've ever been is 32k and that wasnt for long :) just though i'd tell people how rubbish i am at this game
----------------------------------------
My account got banned in 2010. Now trying to recover my details and Appeal my ban!

OOO should reply! (Doubts are running)
[May 13, 2008 12:48:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
AhoyLindsay

Re: Never been over 100k

Ooook, well, 32k isn't small change, but you could try jobbing on elite pillages or wagering in inns if you're looking to earn some more PoE.
Castawayjoe of the Midnight Ocean.
To err is human, but to arr is pirate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catharsis on Cobalt and Malachite.
[May 13, 2008 1:20:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorien

I think if you've been enjoying a relatively inexpensive game for three full years, then you're winning regardless.
Lord of Tyr's Own, Ambassador and SO of the Fifth Fist

I've never met a keg o' Rum I didn't like!
[May 13, 2008 1:33:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

If you spend the eights because they're in your pockets, buy a chest (ironic, yes) and put them in there. If you do that already and just can't help but spend, convince yourself that the only things that benefit you are weapons and stock for ships for pillaging. And a few thousand as seed money for carousing, to build up your savings even further.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 13, 2008 2:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Savings for what? If there's enough they don't need to save for to keep em interested for three years, what's the point of saving the poe? It's not like the pirate's going to need something to draw on in his retirement...
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 13, 2008 2:08:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

*shrugs* depends on what he wants, right? He basically said "I suck, in 3 years I haven't held more than 100k in eights". He didn't say whether or not he wanted to try and buy more stuff. So I was going under the assumption that he's played for 3 years, and now he's looking to be able to do more than what he's already done. Typically that requires an investment of some sort, with the foundation being time or "money". *shrugs more*
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[May 13, 2008 2:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
soulfood

The only time I've ever been over 100K was as a greenie. I wanted a sloop, didn't know how much it cost, and over-saved. (by a LOT! Yay me!) Right now I think I have about 600 poe. (I just bought myself a Tiara!)

But I'm totally cool with having no poe. Because I spend it on things I want - like a lamp collection of every colour of lamp. And now I'm working on a tropical plant collection. Or on events that I run to buy prizes for other people! Or portraits b/c I'm a trophy trollop and wanted my daisy trophy.

All in all, I'm happy being poor! I may not save up my poe and spend it on a shoppe or a familiar, but I spend it on stuff that makes me smile when I walk into my villa or when I log into the game.
~Shannal~
SO Barnacle for Brains
Future Queen of Riot if things go my way...

Beautiful avatar made by Adida!
[May 13, 2008 3:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

Hey i've been playing Puzzle pirates for 3 years, But i've never been over 100k My most money i've ever been is 32k and that wasnt for long :) just though i'd tell people how rubbish i am at this game

Hey Nathwan, I've been playing puzzle pirates for 3 months, but I've never been below 1million. The most money I've ever had is 6million. Just thought I'd tell you how completely 1337 roXxor I am at this game.

/sarcasm

I think many people have never been over 100k. Maybe all those poker pirates, but if you've been playing for 3 years, then you probably aren't one of them!

As long as you are making enough to buy what you need and have the extra to spend on that hat you really need, who cares how much you have?
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 13, 2008 3:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

I've never had over 200k of my own money. Now other people's money...
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[May 13, 2008 3:29:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Madmathilde

Har! That doesn't mean yer rubbish - unless in three years ye never got more than 32k total.

I don't see the sense in hoarding PoE unless saving for something big.

I saved up enough to get some operating capital to play with commod running, and will do that again - but in the meantime needed some pretty clothes and a thir sloop and a portrait while I had an eyepatch and a new dress in crew colors....

Now I got a cottage and need furniture for the cottage (Me star is risin' a bit, and I needed landlubber digs to match) and sometime that daffodil trophy would be nice to have, and the cottage needs a sheep to keep the grass in the garden down while I'm at sea, and I'll need more ships to sink when I start getting better at bnav and doing hazardous things....
Gwendolyn Bleu,
ubiquitously Gwennie
Midnight: Marooned Marauders of the flag Fairwinds
[May 13, 2008 4:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Drabillord

play poker
[May 13, 2008 5:14:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    wassaf [Link]  Go to top 
monkeyspy

It's not how much poe you make, but how much fun you have doing what you do best. Obviously in 3 years you managed to find enough interest that was NOT poe related. Stick to that. You will often find that the richest pirates are the lonliest.
Bubonic on the Emerald Ocean

Fallen says, "I want children to use electrified keyboards. Not using real words? Electric shock! For science!Complete sentence? Have some candy you little bastard."
[May 13, 2008 5:27:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
andman

You will often find that the richest pirates are the lonliest.

LOLWAT.

Come to a doubloon ocean sometime. :P
Iollipop!
ooh baby baby.
[May 13, 2008 5:29:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/thethoughtfuloblivion    hello4am [Link]  Go to top 
scm621

Okay, so I have been over 100k, and I have to admit that the best part of being over 100k is spending it and then being broke again. Sounds like you're not over 100k because you keep spending it; I think you're just a bit smarter than me because I didn't figure that out until after I had over 100k.
Searmin of the Midnight Ocean
Currently unaffiliated
[May 13, 2008 6:58:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dchow

PoE is way overrated.

It's about the friends you make. Its the only reason many of us are still around.

PS.

This is no way means I actually harbor any good feelings about anyone on this ocean. I hate you all. Especially those people I talk to alot. Buncha hosers. <3
Things in my past I can never change.
[May 14, 2008 12:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mooshoufunk

Oooh my goodness, the 100k mark. I think I've hit it once, due to actually forcing myself to think poker was dumb and I didn't need it in my life *breathes and pets the pretty green table*, and this was also went Atlantis was brand new and payouts were outrageous.

I've yet to hit it again, primarily because saving doesn't do much for me. I don't have goals to take over the ocean, I don't care about running pillages or stocking up much for other things. I buy clothes left and right, donate poes to poker players (gah I lost again, oh well), help newer players/crewmates/flagmates/hearties out if they really need it, or put up those random stick fights with a bunch of stuff I've cleaned out of my cottage.

I suppose it could be a fun goal to have sometimes (the goal of trying to reach 100k or more), but at the same time you're missing out on so much of the game (in my humble opinion) when you save save save and not have fun with it. I know so many players who hoard and save, and save, and save and I've heard the whole "nahh can't do this, can't do that.. I'm saving...". It's fake money, not real... enjoy it while you have it.

/e steps off her tiny soapbox.
Mandie-mo
Free-spirited pirate of the night, Midnight now Cerulean.

Mandie on Obsidian

Murasaki wrote: 

I like big butts and I can not lie.

[May 14, 2008 12:13:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
dan1701

Teh Oceans Nub wrote: 
PoE is way overrated.

It's about the friends you make. Its the only reason many of us are still around.

PS.

This is no way means I actually harbor any good feelings about anyone on this ocean. I hate you all. Especially those people I talk to alot. Buncha hosers. <3

I hate you, you're haul stealin nub, but you make a very good point here so I have to agree.
Mrtickle/Mrtickles More commonly in plural form

Still Rioting if less than ever.
[May 14, 2008 12:15:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blyndpew

Hey i've been playing Puzzle pirates for 3 years, But i've never been over 100k

I have about 200k at the moment. I just don't spend poe, so it builds up regardless despite the fact that I don't actually do anything profitable other than jobbing. I occasionally wonder what I am missing by not having a house or dozens of war frigs or fancy clothes.
I doubt I will keep this poe level for long though, I am likely to buy someone an elephant on a whim or pay over the odds for a frig + stock because I fancy navving in a Flott or Atlantis.

Is there a point to this ramble? Maybe not, but if there is it is that the amount of poe ye have is a very poor indicator of how much fun ye are having.
Blyndpew/Albion
Not even an authorised spokesman for Me
[May 14, 2008 2:36:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Don't you threaten me.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[May 14, 2008 6:09:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

I played Midnight for a full year and never made over 50k at any one time. The most I have had on Hunter was well over a million WITHOUT buying dubs.

I always found it very hard to earn money on Midnight as well. Maybe it's the reason why fams go for so little over there in the fam auctions.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[May 14, 2008 6:12:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sammybingo

The one time I saved up 150k, I found myself wondering what to do with it. So I blew it on silly clothes and Scimitars.

If you don't have big dreams of familiars and huge fleets there really isn't too much to worry about poe-wise. Having a giggle and hating everyone on the ocean is much more fun than having lots of pointless pretend money.

Wow I am missing this game - unable to play atm due to living in 4 houses... Mmmm poe... Might log on and spend some real quick.. Mmmm....
Sammybingo of all oceans but Opal.
I speak for myself, and myself alone. I do not represent any flag or crew. PFFT.
Mightyboosh's fruit protection advice:

I eat the bananas, poo in the skin, and carefully seal it back together again.

[May 14, 2008 7:39:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

1.7 million...

What should I blow it on!?

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[May 14, 2008 7:43:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
dan1701

1.7 million...

What should I blow it on!?

~The Maestro

Give it to me ?
Mrtickle/Mrtickles More commonly in plural form

Still Rioting if less than ever.
[May 14, 2008 7:48:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

Having a giggle and hating everyone on the ocean is much more fun than having lots of pointless pretend money.

hurray!!

I am definitely a millionaire in enemies and ire.
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[May 14, 2008 10:58:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Unionjack45

Try gambling some poe, whoever dares wins.
Unionjack from Midnight.
[May 14, 2008 11:04:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tazdadevil

On Midnight the only way i get any poe is from Flotilla attacks with my flag, if you go with the right people you get get at least 1k per sink and if you find the best flotilla crew or flag ships are going to be sinking left and right non-stop.
Tazz on Cobalt

Tazdadevil on Midnight
[May 14, 2008 12:02:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingofGreen

Poker has made me over 1 mil.
But, it can be devastating.

I also find Swordfighting to make some small change.
Greenking of the Midnight Ocean
Captain of the Stray Foxes
King of the flag Dawn of the Ash Fox

Collecting 'Sawfish' ships.

Cronus says, "I still want a /win button."
Cronus says, "Ooo or a /asplode"

[May 14, 2008 12:20:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
robinski55

Hey i've been playing Puzzle pirates for 3 years, But i've never been over 100k

I have about 200k at the moment. I just don't spend poe, so it builds up regardless despite the fact that I don't actually do anything profitable other than jobbing. I occasionally wonder what I am missing by not having a house or dozens of war frigs or fancy clothes.
I doubt I will keep this poe level for long though, I am likely to buy someone an elephant on a whim or pay over the odds for a frig + stock because I fancy navving in a Flott or Atlantis.

Is there a point to this ramble? Maybe not, but if there is it is that the amount of poe ye have is a very poor indicator of how much fun ye are having.

/em huggles Blynd.... and I LUBS my elephant!

(if ye want to see an elephant that Blynd bought fer someone else, please go visit "Blessing" at "To Dye Thor" on Jorvik. Make sure ye bring a few peanuts fer her, as she loves 'em.)
..Robinski
SO and scapegoat of Wyvern's Pride
"The simplest things in life can lose the biggest things in life"... one of my students
[May 14, 2008 12:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

If you're enjoying the game, PoE isn't important. ^_^

However, for some of us, the accumulation of wealth is a bit of a challenge that we like to accomplish.

No, it's not poker. It's foraging. Much more satisfying.

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by sashamorning at May 14, 2008 12:24:17 PM]
[May 14, 2008 12:24:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qwpzxjor1

Having poe is over-rated.

I don't like having it, to be honest.

When I'm poor I care more about pillages. I pillage more and take bigger care when I nav / work harder when I job because I want it to be profitable.

When I have lots of money I don't really care.. and often find myself just chatting when really I'd probably rather be rallying a pillage together.

As Dorien said though, if you've enjoyed playing the game for 3 years like that, it doesn't matter anyway.

There's not much you can do with 3,000,000 poe that you can't do with 40k, as a casual player.
Whitewyvern wrote: 
For every American who mispells "Favour" and "Colour", there is a textspeak child abusing the letter U to balance things out.

[May 15, 2008 6:27:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates