• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 24
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12960 times and has 23 replies Next Thread
theonlyone76

Puzzle Pirates Japan Reply to this Post

It looks as if we know why they've released all those japanese translations,

News!
----------------------------------------
Uno (Theonlyuno for those of you who don't know me)

*Chasing Honey like Winnie the Pooh

[May 6, 2008 4:48:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Perlandria

Re: Puzzle Pirates Japan Reply to this Post

When they say all the same features, I wonder if that means they will share forums too?

Did Opal share the forums when they were still with a third party? I think that was before my time (or before my third to last break).

If yes, I am so completely looking forward to having japanese people coming in here and tarting along with everyone else. I think that would be great.
Furnishing Puzzle Project:
Discussion: http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=97545
Prototype: http://albert.best.vwh.net/gilthead/GiltHead.html
Proposal: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/GCPP:Proposal-Gilthead
[May 6, 2008 5:25:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Irig    Perlandria [Link]  Go to top 
Obaba

I actually don't know if they will be sharing the forum, but it sounds like fun.
I have seen some players from other countries playing on the English oceans with limited understanding. So I'm thinking I'm about due for a crash course in Japanese, diving in head first, so to speak.
Admittedly I know more spoken than written, but my grammar is bad in ANY language I touch. I can only get better!
Toji - Captain of "The Depths"
Obaba - Fleet Officer and Muse of "Le Freccette"
YPP Comic- The Depths of Midnight
Avvie by Pogo
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Obaba at May 6, 2008 6:11:04 PM]
[May 6, 2008 6:05:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://obabashut.com    Toji no Boushi [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

I have a feeling they will use a seperate forum. I dont believe the old german company ocean used the same forums as us.
Nunny
[May 6, 2008 6:11:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

It's a good thing I know someone who can read Japanese so that I can fill their oceans with blonde, well-tanned alts. >.>
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[May 6, 2008 6:46:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Outsomnia

It's a good thing I know someone who can read Japanese so that I can fill their oceans with blonde, well-tanned alts. >.>

I think the Japanese have already gotten you beat when it comes to a blonde, well-tanned subculture.

Ganguro girls
Aisso of Viridian
The Reader... I haven't seen The Reader.
[May 6, 2008 7:41:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
XEcastasy

<.< Not to sterotype but will they all have ult standings? :o
Ecastasy of ... Cerulean

[May 6, 2008 9:44:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrsCeph

I think the Japanese have already gotten you beat when it comes to a blonde, well-tanned subculture.
Ganguro girls

I spent two whole days in Shibuya and didn't see a blonde, well tanned woman once. My entire trip now feels empty.
Hypnos shouts "Stop mocking my ethnicity!"
Hermes chats "Mrs Ceph really only weighs 18 pounds. The rest of it is hate."
[May 6, 2008 10:32:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Ganguro girls

Ganguro is Japan's way of saying they want to be like Rhodin. >.> I don't recall anything about white makeup in the pamphlets, though. Mistranslation?
[May 7, 2008 5:51:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

WoW!

The same company that runs RO! Just unbelievable!!!

<.< Not to sterotype but will they all have ult standings? :o

I smell the coming of International Hot Pirate on Pirate Pillaging Action! Now that's something to YAARRR about!

Yaarrr!
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[May 7, 2008 8:41:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StuManchu

U rike tentacre?
Was once Stuyvesant

Redistribute your wealth, or we'll redistribute your blood.
[May 7, 2008 9:09:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Ganguro is Japan's way of saying they want to be like Rhodin. >.> I don't recall anything about white makeup in the pamphlets, though. Mistranslation?

Have you watched Family Guy: Former Life of Brian (season 6 episode 26)? I saw the two guys at the resturant/cafe/diner and literally said, "Gothmog, look. It's Rhodin." Your influence is spreading.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[May 7, 2008 11:53:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
Chanelly

interesting...
[May 7, 2008 12:40:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

GH is an interesting partner. Definitely a lot better than the Gamigo goons, whose business strat seemed to involve acquiring a german language version of every property they could get their hands on and then sitting on it.
His Holiness, The Dope
[May 7, 2008 2:47:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

GH is an interesting partner. Definitely a lot better than the Gamigo goons, whose business strat seemed to involve acquiring a german language version of every property they could get their hands on and then sitting on it.

Gamigo required us to download a separate client. Will the Japanese Ocean require the same thing? Since there are translations in the game files, I wonder if we'll be able to use the same client, even if we can't use the same doubs.

Also, how would you spell "Ghyslaine" in Japanese? I might be able to do "Rhodin" on my own. >.>

Edit because I don't want to post twice. I found this nifty Japanese Converter . Enter some romanji and it'll convert it to katakana for you. So far, I got ??? for Rhodin (actually Roden, close enough) and ??? for Ghyslaine, which I think might be pronounced Gee-Ren. I can't wait to find out what body parts I accidentally named myself after. >.>

Edit again: WTH? I can't post Japanese characters? Hang on while I fetch a screenie.

Hopefully the last edit: Go on, critique my Novice/Able transliteration work and marvel at the hubris of my filenames. >.>

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Benzene265 at May 7, 2008 3:34:39 PM]
[May 7, 2008 2:59:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

Gamigo required us to download a separate client. Will the Japanese Ocean require the same thing? Since there are translations in the game files, I wonder if we'll be able to use the same client, even if we can't use the same doubs.

Almost certainly. I'd be pretty amazed if it turned out GH was going to run a client that linked to oceans where they didn't make any profit-- kind of kills the point of being a distributor, you know? =)

It would be nice to be able to use the Japanese interface here though.
His Holiness, The Dope
[May 7, 2008 9:29:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Did Opal share the forums when they were still with a third party? I think that was before my time (or before my third to last break).

For the record, opal was never with a third party, it was opened by OOO after things went bad with the third party who was running indigo ocean, on a separate client, with forums on their own site. Everything totally separate, with OOO only providing updates to the third party. You'd never know it existed unless you were told about it.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[May 8, 2008 1:31:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Obaba

My real name comes up as .
is no matter what.

Makes it kinda easy because I kept a silly nickname.^_^
Toji - Captain of "The Depths"
Obaba - Fleet Officer and Muse of "Le Freccette"
YPP Comic- The Depths of Midnight
Avvie by Pogo
[Edit 6 times, last edit by Obaba at May 8, 2008 2:29:36 AM]
[May 8, 2008 1:33:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://obabashut.com    Toji no Boushi [Link]  Go to top 
Estam

Benzene265 wrote: 

Well it says "[The first GungHo Ocean] will be administered separately from the current Three Rings Oceans with Japan-based support" so I'm guessing it would be a separate world... I see it like a bought franchise as would be run by Japan and would only wait for main updates...

Now, I wonder if they'd be the first to find out how to get Jinxed!
/e teases ;P
<-- My avatar no longer reads: Everyone Wants to be a Pirate Even Avatarless Forumer

...soli Deo gloria...
[May 8, 2008 5:56:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

It would brighten the dark corners of my mind to have the japanese Titan be called Grogzilla.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[May 8, 2008 8:48:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
wahahahah

Well, it can be spelled like this:
(oh hey, wait a minute, Ghyslaine's pronunciation is J and not G right?)

Stupidjerk

Someone says, "Cephalopwned? lol"
Solowing says, "It is the ultimate form of Pwnage."
[May 9, 2008 6:58:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://kupika.com/cheeky_angel004    kikumaru_luver    stupidjerk36 [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Well, it can be spelled like this:
(oh hey, wait a minute, Ghyslaine's pronunciation is J and not G right?)

Oh right, it's a hard G in Japanese...

Still Able. >.>
[May 9, 2008 8:22:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Dewei

I'm going to bump this after three years... and my apologises for doing so.

I'm actually curious about what happened to the Japanese Puzzle Pirates. I occasionally went to the website in an effort to try to download the game, and now that my brother is about to transfer to Japan; he was wondering about trying it out as well. Yet it seems Puzzle Pirates Japan was discontinued?

I was wondering if anyone has the story on this? (I did try to search for any previous threads... this is the only that really showed any relevance to what I was looking for before I get flamed at.)
Only in their dreams can men be truly free.
[Mar 30, 2011 7:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/User:Dewei [Link]  Go to top 
Alfwyn

According to this post the japanese version was closed down May last year.
[Mar 30, 2011 4:06:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates