• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 572 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Soma

charting/routing suggestion Reply to this Post

I know it's been suggested that we be able to chase a vessel we're engaged on over any route, and I realize that that may entail a fancy bit of coding. Thus, I've thought of what would seem the easiest medium between the current and ideal systems and wondered if it would not be possible to make routes a two way affair? How many times have you been oh so close to catching a vessel when it luckily hits the league point and gets away before you can rechart in their direction? Especially with the changes to rum consumption, it'd be much more intuitive if we could just go back the way we came to catch that handsome ship.
----------------------------------------
Soma
Castaway of Alpha
Survivor of Old Spice & Nyx's Scions
Officer of Black Death
[Jul 26, 2003 1:39:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cedric

Re: charting/routing suggestion Reply to this Post

It would also be a good way to get new maps from Brigands, if the map pillaging works like I think it does. If you follow a brigand, then you could get the "map" to the next league on their course and you could possibly pillage the map for the previously unknown route.

I may be wrong in my understanding of this though
----------------------------------------
Captain of the Yellow Jackets (Midnight)
Not to be taken internally (or seriously)
May cause rash
[Jul 26, 2003 3:43:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Maverick1701 [Link]  Go to top 
Carnasis

Re: charting/routing suggestion Reply to this Post

One suggetion would be to change the chase mechanism so that when pursuing a ship, the ship would automatically rechart to follow the target's route on reaching the next waypoint.

Ever face this problem before where you are sailing and happen to be in front of the ship you are chasing where you have to turn back and loose speed and maybe loose your target in the process? Wouldn't it be nice if you could slow down your ship so that you target could catch with you? Any suggestions? Is this the right place to ask?
[Jul 26, 2003 5:43:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates