• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 13
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2873 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
Anaconda344

Theft! Reply to this Post

Okay, personally I dont think item theft is enough to get you banned at ALL! I mean think about it. (If oceanmaster are reading this...PAY ATTENTION!)

Theft is what Piracy is all about. Wheres the fun in having a game all about pirates and BEING a pirate without being allowed to steal anything?! If you get things stolen from you then its your fault! I think that instead of getting banned, I have a better idea.

What if you steal something, instead of the victim go crying to the Oceanmasters, they go crying to the Royal Navy! That would be so much FUN!!! Then the Navy could put a bounty on your head and then youd be like a high priority target for brigands and navy ships of course. PLUS! If another HUMAN controlled ship manages to take on a ship with the thief on it, they can try and take him/her prisoner, then take him/her to a Naval ship to claim the bounty (which would differ from the seriousness of the theft)

Oceanmasters, eat your hearts out.
----------------------------------------
Python on the Sage ocean

Let us fight, so that we may run away.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Anaconda344 at Apr 30, 2008 11:35:50 PM]
[Apr 30, 2008 11:34:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Apollo
OceanMaster

Re: Theft! Reply to this Post

Moved from Cask of Blog.

Apollo,
wondering how he would go about eating his heart out, and deciding against it
[Apr 30, 2008 11:49:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Apollo,
wondering how he would go about eating his heart out, and deciding against it

A lot of people would be sad if you lost your heart, but it could create a new event!
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Apr 30, 2008 11:52:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Okay, personally I dont think item theft is enough to get you banned at ALL! I mean think about it. (If oceanmaster are reading this...PAY ATTENTION!)

Theft is what Piracy is all about. Wheres the fun in having a game all about pirates and BEING a pirate without being allowed to steal anything?! If you get things stolen from you then its your fault! I think that instead of getting banned, I have a better idea.

What if you steal something, instead of the victim go crying to the Oceanmasters, they go crying to the Royal Navy! That would be so much FUN!!! Then the Navy could put a bounty on your head and then youd be like a high priority target for brigands and navy ships of course. PLUS! If another HUMAN controlled ship manages to take on a ship with the thief on it, they can try and take him/her prisoner, then take him/her to a Naval ship to claim the bounty (which would differ from the seriousness of the theft)

Oceanmasters, eat your hearts out.

Guess what? We are not really pirates. We are just people playing a game. Stealing is wrong, everyone ought to know that, so there's no excuse for stealing.

And as for your argumentation, pirates did not steal from their own crewmates either you know. I'm pretty sure that was a very serious offence if one did that, and could easily cost one their life. So be glad we aren't really pirates, and the equivalent is just killing someone's piratey life by banning them.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[May 1, 2008 2:54:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madesteven

Henry Morgan cut off the fingers and one of his sailers ears when he was caught thieving.

Stop using the "wrereass priaetes so were allowed 2 scam!!" argument already.
Jacada
Senior Officer - Anarchist Syndicate
Lord of Versus Terminus
Obsidian Ocean
Defiant Armada

[May 1, 2008 3:04:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Davesmason

So you got banned for stealing? Eh, I'll live.
[May 1, 2008 8:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

You pretty much were killed or incapacitated or incarcerated if you stole back in the good old pirate days. A ban is the same thing. Therefore, we are playing real pirates and you received your proper punishment.
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[May 1, 2008 12:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Anaconda344

You morons i didnt get banned for it...i would have had i not found out from a friend and thats as far as ill go. Come on you sissies! Something like that would be much more fun. You could still make the punishment a permanent ban BUT dont do it unless you can get caught (caught in the literal term)
Python on the Sage ocean

Let us fight, so that we may run away.
[May 2, 2008 4:20:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crimsome

Can someone give this guy a banana? >_>
[May 2, 2008 4:52:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

No, but I have a tan bannedana for him.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[May 2, 2008 11:15:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

The punishment is a permanent ban if you get caught.

And we're not pirates. We're people playing a fun puzzle game with little noseless Playmobil pirates. If you were playing with little plastic figures in real life, and hit the person next to you, would you expect to get away with the excuse that "real pirates hit each other all the time"?
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[May 2, 2008 11:23:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fanta

Oh yes, it sounds like so much fun to be forced to be online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, watching your stuff so it doesn't get stolen... Not. Besides, it would be completely impossible, if you have any sort of life, not to mention the need to sleep. And it's so much fun to have your hard earned stuff stolen because you couldn't be online watching it... Again, not. All you are suggesting is a sure way to kill a game.

Oh, and drop the language, "surprisingly" that is against the ToS as well, despite us playing a pirate game.
Pleun,
First Mate of Monkey Militia, TO in Carpe Noctem, Midnight ocean,
owner of the Dainty Dolphin and the Mystical Dragon.

Avatar made from artwork by Kagaya
[May 2, 2008 11:31:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
daisy48

Okay i havent played PP in years, i get back to see Logon Failed; You have been banned from our games.
reason " theft ". what have i done that i dont know and how the hell is this going to be removed..
[Dec 4, 2014 12:02:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates