• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 22
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2018 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

New Release Reply to this Post

We're putting up a new release right now. Server will be down for a couple of minutes as Jack rejiggers some stuff. Release notes to come.
[Jul 26, 2003 10:02:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest
Re: New Release Reply to this Post

Sorry for taking 30 minutes instead of 5 mates. Hit some snags during the update. But all should be up and running now.

Release notes are up here:

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/news/releases/
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Anonymous at Jul 26, 2003 10:32:08 AM]
[Jul 26, 2003 10:32:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

A quick suggestion regarding money transfer:

When we attempt to input more money than we have, rather than having the maximum amount flash for us, could the game just fill the input field in with the maximum?

For instance, say I've got 378 PoE and I type in 999. The 99 to 999 changes to 378 with the last keystroke.

I think it was Diablo 2 where I noticed something like this was pretty handy and didn't clutter up the interface with an extra "transfer all" button.
[Jul 26, 2003 11:11:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Quickpull

Har, thats a good idea Ely, but ye picked the worst time to make a suggestion, right AFTER the new release!
Kendric, Fleet Officer of the Pheonix Warriors
[Jul 26, 2003 11:16:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Since it happens to be a suggestion based entirely on a addition to the money transfer UI in this release, I don't think the timing was that bad.
[Jul 26, 2003 11:20:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

Cleaver wrote: 
We're putting up a new release right now. Server will be down for a couple of minutes as Jack rejiggers some stuff. Release notes to come.

Does the Linux client use different code?

I fired up the app, and it downloaded some stuff. But when I try and login it tells me that my client is out of date, and to quit and restart.

If I do that, nothing new is downloaded, and I get the same error message.
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Jul 26, 2003 11:31:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

See if this link helps at all.
[Jul 26, 2003 11:36:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

Ely wrote: 
See if this link helps at all.

Ah, yup.

I had tried deleting my ~/.yohoho directory and that didn't help, but deleting the ~/.java one did.

So all's good =)
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Up to three new players don't count against swabbie limits or your vessel's might rating, so job those newbies and show 'em the ropes

This has to be the worst change over if I understand this right

Back to 7 against 4 with no fear of black ship.

This has to be the easiet thing to abuse/manipulate in the whole game, If this works as I think it works then there wont be any old pirates, just batches of fresh, not really new pirates that dont effect rating but can kick Butt anyways

Change it to 1 new pirate (maybe 2 on a brig) not effect ratings, they already should have easier routes to train on.

Once I get a few of the older crew I plan to test this feature, if it works as I think then I have basically a sloop crewed as basic (me and 3 swabbies) for ratings, but a full boat of at least 3 above average (my 3 pirates new be hand picked). this crew would wipe anything rated the same as it and probably still be able to take out some of the brigs I come across which IMO is basically taking the game back to the boat full of npp's stage.

Probably not the use you want it put to, but its a feature now and open to abuse by anyone

Vixen - manipulator of the unbalenced
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[Jul 26, 2003 7:28:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Unless, of course, the newbie status is account-wide instead of only for characters, which is probably is.
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Jul 26, 2003 7:32:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

Vixen wrote: 

Up to three new players don't count against swabbie limits or your vessel's might rating, so job those newbies and show 'em the ropes

This has to be the worst change over if I understand this right

Back to 7 against 4 with no fear of black ship.

This has to be the easiet thing to abuse/manipulate in the whole game, If this works as I think it works then there wont be any old pirates, just batches of fresh, not really new pirates that dont effect rating but can kick Butt anyways

Change it to 1 new pirate (maybe 2 on a brig) not effect ratings, they already should have easier routes to train on.

Once I get a few of the older crew I plan to test this feature, if it works as I think then I have basically a sloop crewed as basic (me and 3 swabbies) for ratings, but a full boat of at least 3 above average (my 3 pirates new be hand picked). this crew would wipe anything rated the same as it and probably still be able to take out some of the brigs I come across which IMO is basically taking the game back to the boat full of npp's stage.

Probably not the use you want it put to, but its a feature now and open to abuse by anyone

Vixen - manipulator of the unbalenced

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=7302#7302

garf - reader of the unread.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 26, 2003 8:16:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
benjamin

i miss me sword :( :) Reply to this Post

after the reboot fer the update i tryed te launch the game and the first thing it does is check fer updates as per normal but then it stops and says download error and the details be as follows:

An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates
Vendor: Three Rings Design, Inc.
Category: Download Error

Unable to load resource: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/yoclient/dclient.jnlp

can someone please help me figure this out i think this happened once before(or something like it) but it fixed itself after a shut down and some time.
[Jul 27, 2003 10:13:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
benjamin

is this just me or is the server down? Reply to this Post

i whould usually just do something else and check te see if it was working everyday but i have nothing else to do :) :( i's be needin me fix fer the good of me sainity...this be the error message i get if it be any help:

Unable to launch Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates.

yep thats it....and what be in the last post is all i got. is the server on down time?
[Jul 27, 2003 2:46:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Since you didn't state whether you had or hadn't: have you tried reinstalling the game?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
benjamin

reinstall? Reply to this Post

yes
[Jul 27, 2003 5:54:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vgnight

we found the secret island we are on our way now.
[Jul 27, 2003 10:40:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    vgnight    vgnight [Link]  Go to top 
dawg54

One Complaint: When crew news is posted there is no message to tell the crew that there is a new post. Which so far has meant many crew members never see the new posts that may be important.
Redruth
Captain of the Bloody Scoundrels
King of Bloody Seas
[Jul 28, 2003 6:49:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

When you next log on a notification appears saying that crew news/issues has been posted; for crew who are already logged on when news is being posted, you can use /crew to tell them about it.

Edited cos on re-reading it made no sense even to me...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by stevoid at Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM]
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vgnight

devs plz help this glithc is annoying i cnat play on either of my computers now cause of the glithch it is so annoying
[Jul 28, 2003 11:01:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    vgnight    vgnight [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Vgnight wrote: 
devs plz help this glithc is annoying i cnat play on either of my computers now cause of the glithch it is so annoying

You said you found the secret island. I had no idea what that meant, but I assumed it meant all was good.
[Jul 29, 2003 2:24:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Vgnight wrote: 

If you need actual help, please rephrase your question. A specific error is needed, the hardware on your computers, what operating system, all that. What you wrote is meaningless if you need actual help.
[Jul 29, 2003 4:25:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Vgnight

i was refering to the glithched talked about earlier. but i figured it out it was annoying
[Jul 29, 2003 4:32:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    vgnight    vgnight [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates