• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 10
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2101 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
holly

Consignment Shops Reply to this Post

I was wondering if it was possible to have an island consignment shop, or some sort of flea market concept where people could sell or trade the things that they have multiples of, or things that they no longer need.

I am sure there are plenty of pirates who bought wardrobes as newbies only to join a crew that required color coded wardrobes, or crews who have won multiple maps to the same destination, etc.

It would create an interesting economic impact, as items sold in consignment would be less than their value at a regular shop, and probably based on inventory volume of each item. This would then compel shop owners to alter prices, though their prices are probably based on commodity prices.

This was just a random thought, and since I am not a shop owner, some of the ideas are probably not valid. However, I would be interested in hearing some of you weigh in on this, as I am sure I am not the only one out there with 7 pairs of red boots (well, you get the idea)
[Jul 26, 2003 6:39:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cellophane

Re: Consignment Shops Reply to this Post

Booched.

Try searching for the numerous posts on this topic.

Please.
[Jul 26, 2003 6:41:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
holly

Perhaps rather than simply comenting that this post was booched, you might want to do something more productive like point out some other posts that you think are similar, because i have obviously missed them

[rant] This section of the boards is not for you, or for me, the players, but for the developers to take the pulse of the community and learn what they respond to. You do them no service by being so rude and snappish in reply, as you nip a topic in the bud just because you have a misunderstanding of the suggestion. You also create a feeling of self conciousness amongst the new people or non-posters, as they become aware that their efforts are held up to the scrutiny of whether you approve or not, not the develpers for whom these suggestions are intended. [/rant]
[Jul 26, 2003 6:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jfjnpxmy

While sitting upon my toilet the other day, I had an idea that I thought was cool - hireable market stalls. Have a few on each island, and for a small fee, say 50 pieces of eight an hour, you can use the stall to sell any old junk you want rid of.
[Jul 26, 2003 7:14:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jfjnpxmy [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

... because i have obviously missed them

The search features turns up six threads aside from this one that contain information on consignment shops.

For instance:

Nemo wrote: 
Walk along the promontory on Alpha Island until you see a building bursting with curiosities. The Consignment Shoppe is indeed on The List.

I think I'd rather see their first run at an implementation before I offer suggestions. They tend to "spiral" back and do second and third make-overs of features that are put in.
[Jul 26, 2003 7:50:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Just be glad it's not yuor 10 bux on teh line!!1!11! Reply to this Post

Holly gave me an odd idea. here I was going to post a story or song or something and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh, but now I want to see a new feature encoded into the BBS software that this forum uses: add the rant tag, which makes your text invisible. Don't document it.

[rant]For example this text would be invisible[/rant]

EDIT: Boy did Jethro ever miss the point completely. The title bar should give away what other forum I occasionally frequent, and even where the idea came from. Also, I don't mean white text. Furthermore, the whole point is the 'don't document it' line, so that idiotic ranting losers like me would type up all that crap and then have it not show up. Nothing's more frustrating to a righteously* indignant lazy poster than seeing all that hard work never seen.

*- [size=9]For jethro's benefit: sarcasm. Who needs tags when you've got footnotes? Har, har, har!
----------------------------------------
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Gotagota at Jul 26, 2003 8:33:58 AM]
[Jul 26, 2003 8:33:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jethro

The SA Forums use the [spoiler] tag.
Jethro - Officer of the Salty Mouthfuls
Jethykins - Cook of the Salty Mouthfuls and certainly not Jethro in drag. Oh no. Not at all. Nope.
[Jul 26, 2003 10:28:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    JGulner [Link]  Go to top 
momseq

The idea about a consignment shop is a good one being a new player having some trouble getting money together buy cloth
[Jul 27, 2003 3:30:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Tailors already sell used clothing, so ye can sell stuff back to them.

A consignment shop/bazaar will not necessarily be cheaper. It will just be easier to find a place to sell the stripey knickers you bought while drunk.
[Jul 27, 2003 6:55:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Squidbeard

Don't you start! Reply to this Post

I like my stripey knickers, thank you very much. They go very nicely with my stripey sleeping hat.

I tried the stripey shirt w/vest, too, but it seemed just a tad overmuch.

I'm tellin' ye, mate, stripes be all th'rage nowadays. Week from now, ye'll be beggin' me to sell ye me spare pair, 'cuz ye won't be able t'get 'em at the tailor's, the lines'll be so long.

Jest you wait...

--Sq
Squid
High Priest, Cult of the Red Mantis
[Jul 27, 2003 7:51:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://looterati.goldfish.org [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates