• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 80
Posts: 80   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8350 times and has 79 replies Next Thread
ppwench

How to waste the time of hundreds of people! The story of CC!

Okai, so my friends and I (Among hundreds of other people) were jobbing for CC in the kade. We stayed through the entire break. I didn't realize it was the break, paying too much attention to my station. Nobody in CC told us that it was break, i would've spent my time doing something else while I waited for break to end. I assumed we'd be /payed by hand for our time, but no. Have a great scuppering day, CC.

-Raeka, better than you.
----------------------------------------
A total moron wrote:

me and my friend are guys, not 2 drugged-out girls going crazy because they lost there crack.

[Apr 13, 2008 11:40:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Geneboo

Re: How to waste the time of hundreds of people! The story of CC!

YES!
Dalnoth wrote: 
And Gene... You really dont want to start this here. Trust me. You mod on alts during SF fam tournies on malachite. I know it, and so doesn't half the ocean.

Warhammer ftw
[Apr 13, 2008 11:46:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zanreth

I think you're being a bit harsh. CC did not intentionally 'waste your time', you can't blame them if you have puzzle vision. Besides, I think that's it's just common curtesy to puzzle in the break to help get the ship off the board and ready for the next round, espcially against a BK when it's players vs AI.

It's only 15 minutes, an extra 400poe doesn't really make that much difference to you. In 15 minutes, you can't do that much else in PP, so I don't see what's wrong with a little bit more practice anyway.
Albert, Obsidian, Defiant Armada
Calicojack, Emerald
[Apr 13, 2008 11:58:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppwench

I think you're being a bit harsh. CC did not intentionally 'waste your time', you can't blame them if you have puzzle vision. Besides, I think that's it's just common curtesy to puzzle in the break to help get the ship off the board and ready for the next round, espcially against a BK when it's players vs AI.

It's only 15 minutes, an extra 400poe doesn't really make that much difference to you. In 15 minutes, you can't do that much else in PP, so I don't see what's wrong with a little bit more practice anyway.
Honestly? I was there for the PoE, so it woulda been nice to get some. If they're gonna screw us over like that, then they should atleast buy us dinner first.
A total moron wrote:

me and my friend are guys, not 2 drugged-out girls going crazy because they lost there crack.

[Apr 13, 2008 12:00:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

Honestly? I was there for the PoE, so it woulda been nice to get some. If they're gonna screw us over like that, then they should atleast buy us dinner first.

Run a blockade some time, and realize how hard it is to win one, let alone make all the jobbers happy the whole way through, you're in no position to bitch about 400 PoE.
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Apr 13, 2008 12:03:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

I'm so confused. Break? What break?

And I don't think CC would waste anyone's time intentionally. They're not the anti-christ.

Oh, wait...
[Apr 13, 2008 12:04:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppwench

Run a blockade some time, and realize how hard it is to win one, let alone make all the jobbers happy the whole way through, you're in no position to bitch about 400 PoE.
They must have been desparate for jobbers, because I know a huge chunk of them would have left if they knew they weren't being paid.
A total moron wrote:

[Apr 13, 2008 12:06:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NelsonKizmet

Okai, so my friends and I (Among hundreds of other people) were jobbing for CC in the kade. We stayed through the entire break. I didn't realize it was the break, paying too much attention to my station. Nobody in CC told us that it was break, i would've spent my time doing something else while I waited for break to end. I assumed we'd be /payed by hand for our time, but no. Have a great scuppering day, CC.

-Raeka, better than you.

Only time I see wasted here was that I accidently read your stupid freakin' post. Will you please pay me 400 poe to make up for this time in my life that you stole from me?
Yesterday On Oceans
Large On Viridian

Goats wrote: 
If that was the case, Yesterday and I would be having a pillow fight in a pool full of chocolate pudding by now.

If you didn't know that
[Apr 13, 2008 12:07:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

-Raeka, better than you .

Just not smart enough to see it is a break.
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:09:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

First off, if you're complaining because you went in right before the break and didn't preform your duty enough to get paid, please move your whining to Game Design.

If you're complaining because the vessel wasn't set to blockade pay, you have a point. Yes, they probably should have set it, but jesus, no one's perfect. I've forgotten it plenty of times, and as long as they set it after the fact, there's nothing wrong. Some people shout on the ship to see "so and so" to get paid, some do not. Actually, CC shouldn't have really had to, seeing they're paying really, really well for a brigand king blockade, and that's not even adding the PoE for flag sitting and sinking BK ships.

Honestly, if you're that worried about 400 PoE, see me and I'll give you your darn money, just please do us all a favor and try funding a blockade yourself the next time, it's not so easy. :-)

Edit: I read gud.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fixated at Apr 13, 2008 12:17:33 PM]
[Apr 13, 2008 12:12:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Geneboo

I didn't realize it was the break , paying too much attention to my station.

Bigger is better?=P
Dalnoth wrote: 
And Gene... You really dont want to start this here. Trust me. You mod on alts during SF fam tournies on malachite. I know it, and so doesn't half the ocean.

Warhammer ftw
[Apr 13, 2008 12:13:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NelsonKizmet

They must have been desparate for jobbers, because I know a huge chunk of them would have left if they knew they weren't being paid.

So there is a huge chunk of people that are also morons and don't know how breaks work or when they happen?
Yesterday On Oceans
Large On Viridian

Goats wrote: 
If that was the case, Yesterday and I would be having a pillow fight in a pool full of chocolate pudding by now.

If you didn't know that
[Apr 13, 2008 12:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

Rakea
Activity: Bilging

Rare Tigerfish
I Get Wet
Coerced Coexistence
Last seen near Aimuari Island.
In the blockade at Aimuari Island.
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Rakea
Activity: Bilging

Rare Tigerfish
I Get Wet
Coerced Coexistence
Last seen near Aimuari Island.
In the blockade at Aimuari Island.

I just saw you log on for that ;) I was logging off after checking :P
Dalnoth wrote: He was going on an on about some Cybersex with a 13 year old accusation, however I immediately dismissed the claim based on the fact that slimbottom can't even type one whole sentence coherently let alone have cybersex.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:14:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Geneboo

lmao This is a better tart tread
Dalnoth wrote: 

Warhammer ftw
[Apr 13, 2008 12:15:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Well, Goats..it's not like they can go job with Brynhild. For some reason, the Ice Queen's jobbing contact won't job anyone. No idea why.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:18:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ppwench

Well, Goats..it's not like they can go job with Brynhild. For some reason, the Ice Queen's jobbing contact won't job anyone. No idea why.
Fixy, where's my 400? >_>
A total moron wrote:

[Apr 13, 2008 12:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gunnermooch

Did you complain that tart? I have been waiting all day to job for the BK's. What a waste of my life!!!! I want some freaking poe and I want it now!
[Apr 13, 2008 12:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I'M SO ANGRY AT YOU I'M NEVER GOING TO JOB FOR YOU EVER AGAIN AND I HOPE NOBODY JOBS FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU GUYS SUCK

BRB, BILGING
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:21:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NelsonKizmet

I was able to job with the Ice Tart. She pays during breaks and gives out candy too. And by candy I mean top grade, back of a pokemon van, if this mofo's rockin' don't come a knockin', type candy.
Yesterday On Oceans
Large On Viridian

Goats wrote: 

If you didn't know that
[Apr 13, 2008 12:23:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Yer vessel has been awarded a bounty of 1750 pieces of eight for controlling 35 buoys.
Ye received 166 pieces of eight from treasure recently hauled aboard!
Ye were paid 397 pieces of eight fer yer efforts in the blockade.
Yer reward for guarding buoys is 25 pieces of eight!

Did you complain that tart? I have been waiting all day to job for the BK's. What a waste of my life!!!! I want some freaking poe and I want it now!

Remember those Charlie Brown shows where the adults just go wah wah wah wah wah wah wah...

Why does my brain do that every single time Gunner posts?

*hides*
[Apr 13, 2008 12:24:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redspyke

You cant puzzle during a break. So, basically you were concentrating on.... what?
[Apr 13, 2008 12:40:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
NelsonKizmet

You cant puzzle during a break. So, basically you were concentrating on.... what?

During the round break? If the ship is on the board you can puzzle.
Yesterday On Oceans
Large On Viridian

Goats wrote: 

If you didn't know that
[Apr 13, 2008 12:41:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_mover34

She was talking about the 15 minute break between rounds. Which you can indeed puzzle during.
their, there, they're I always confuse which to use.

Mr Mover
[Apr 13, 2008 12:42:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Frostyspyda

Why does my brain do that every single time Gunner posts?

Crack does wonders to the brain.
Redspyda,

Hunter
[Apr 13, 2008 12:44:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
redspyke

D'oh. someone smack me.. Well... usually a ship will stay in the board during a round to A.) keep jobbers busy, or B.) because they are shot the hell up and are trying to get off the board.. c.) other reasons, who knows..

If there was a big problem, 000 wouldnt have it the way it is..
[Apr 13, 2008 12:45:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scuurv

Shehe was talking about the 15 minute break between rounds. Which you can indeed puzzle during.

Fixed.
~Scurvybeard
Sage and Hunter
Proud member of the Beard Bros.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:48:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Mr_mover34

This is something that to my knowledge has been brought up in game design. I cant seem to find the tread about it. If it hasn't it should be. If there are puzzlers puzzling during the round break they really should be paid with the auto pay. I never figured out why it wasn't set up like that when blockade pay came out.
their, there, they're I always confuse which to use.

Mr Mover
[Apr 13, 2008 12:50:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fixated

Just means you should stop supplying it to me.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:53:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scuurv

Just means you should stop supplying it to me.

There goes my supplier.
~Scurvybeard
Sage and Hunter
Proud member of the Beard Bros.
[Apr 13, 2008 12:58:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://Puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 80   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates