• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21443 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
WhoIsYou

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Chaparral is an outpost and can't have a navy. Monsoon, Macaw, and Delta aren't colonized. So, no, there's no route through coral to Jet.
----------------------------------------
WhoIsYou
- Scurviest dog in the sea (Could ye spare an orange?)
[Oct 28, 2004 3:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BotHunter

Robert what ye paying for Jobbers at this blockade?
[Oct 28, 2004 4:00:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

2k per round.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Oct 28, 2004 4:02:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Why did you pick Cnossos?
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Oct 28, 2004 4:04:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

I think if your one-man flag is going to bulldoze most of the remaining commodities to build shops, you need to at least be able to defend the island. Black Sails is pretty much a dead flag, since Goldbeard left. Just Dolzar selling shop deeds and bulldozing stuff.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Oct 28, 2004 4:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

I was under the impression that Cnossos was full.
[Oct 28, 2004 4:09:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

See two construction sites currently. It was full as in "you can't build more without bulldozing commodities."
Quizzical wrote: 

[Oct 28, 2004 4:10:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Dolzar wrote: 
If that was something new in the update, then I am wrong, I know it has charts on it to go all the way to Xi. (point still being there is a Navy ship running)

I think that illustrates why Black Sails needs to go.
[Oct 28, 2004 4:20:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
capn_dan

This
[quote]See two construction sites currently. It was full as in "you can't build more without bulldozing commodities."[/quote]

coupled with this
[quote:a7ae44b1e6="Dolzar in this thread"]"[...]I hope to start construction on some sections of Cnossos Island, my initial plan is to build some of the missing bazaars, please realize space is very limited, and while I?d love to build them all; two seems the extent of what I can squeeze in. If you have any suggestions or feelings in regards to this please post here, as usually I value any and all input. (also would appreciate name ideas)"[/quote]

is why I'm definitely with Robertdonald on this. The two came, and no further input was even remotely sought out. Bulldozing commodities without so much as a metnion to community members or island shoppekeepers (even if only stone, which I have no clue whether it was or was not) does not sit well with me at all.
Cdavykidd on Midnight, Davy on Viridian, Booched on Hunter
Bureaucrat & Bureaucracy on Emerald
in Odin's Demise, sometimes retired
[Edit 1 times, last edit by capn_dan at Oct 28, 2004 4:33:45 AM]
[Oct 28, 2004 4:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

RobertDonald wrote: 
I think if your one-man flag is going to bulldoze most of the remaining commodities to build shops, you need to at least be able to defend the island. Black Sails is pretty much a dead flag, since Goldbeard left. Just Dolzar selling shop deeds and bulldozing stuff.

I have sold no deeds, I have built 1 extra shop, and the two current construction sites are, wait, whats that Not hiring jobbers, and cost very litttle if any stone in placeing, a commodity that we have no extended use for other then intial construction. Pardon me for setting the record straight RD, but downright lies I wont stand for. (Built by me, 1 of each bazaar minus the tailor one, and a apothicary, and two construction sites that may never get built if for no other reason then to prevent any future building on cnossos.) Also I'd like to point out that I never once said there would be NO construction on Cnossos beyond the initial two Bazaars I built (this was added for Cdavy, as he seems to read general points and initial plans as set in stone for all time)

(and lizthegrey, im sorry if I havent read every detail over the new update, I like many others was enjoying playing the apoth puzzle, I "hope" to one day be as astute as you, less I make myself out to be the horrid jerk you see me as for not knowing everything.)

*Please note this was mearly to illistrate the point of what I percieve as inane reasons to dislike some one, sure I didnt know if the Navy stops at one island or goes through a group, doesnt mean I didnt set the ships up to go as far as possible, which they did for a long time, nor did I lie about the fact.
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Oct 28, 2004 4:34:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

You raped Cnossos Dolzar, too bad the only person willing to step up and take it is RD.
[Oct 28, 2004 4:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

Whitefire wrote: 
You raped Cnossos Dolzar, too bad the only person willing to step up and take it is RD.

Again, HOW? People want to say I ruined or "raped" a island that had 2 Inn's, 3 Tailors, 4 IM's, 4 Shipyards, 3 Stills, 6 Weaverys, and 2 Apothicarys, and only contained the raw stone to build said structures? (and I am not indicateing that it was a bad start, but lets be honest, what more could I do?) The taxes have not been above 5% in as long as I can think back, and tax money was used to most recently buy goods to the island that we dont naturally spawn. I added several ships to the navy, and kept them well charted. Considering I own 1 shop on the island, that I dont even see a dime from, which is more then ANY other flag can say about their islands, I'd like to know where the rapeing actually started? Or is it better to attack some one and have no ground to base such a attack on, espically when you have such a strong opinioin and yet never did anything to bring light to it before the matter. Pardon me if I write you of as a instigator whitefire and little more, when you get some facts, and wish to express a point not solely based on catch words like Rape, but actually input and how certain things have altered your playing experence I will start paying you some heed.
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Oct 28, 2004 5:05:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whitefire

Lets look at MA and WS. They didn't build new shops taking up the space on the island. Instead they did deals with shop owners on the island to buy them out.

Now lets look at you and Cnossos. On an island that already has too many buildings, you built more. You didn't have an uncolonized island handed to you, you had one that had citizens already on it. Like Crimson Tide and Turtle, your flag proceeded to over-saturate the market with shops, causing the already poor profits to be had on Cnossos to plummet further. You completely disregarded the original inhabitants of the island for you own profit. For that alone you deserve whats coming.
[Oct 28, 2004 5:12:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Dolzar wrote: 
...and two construction sites that may never get built if for no other reason then to prevent any future building on cnossos

That is worse than building more shoppes. Not only are you wasting space, but NOBODY can benefit from this. Not buyers nor sellers nor shoppeowners nor traders nor Buri nor anyone else can benefit from this.

You wanted to make it less appealing to take, so you build 2 constructions sites. And the reason they won't be shoppes, I think, is because you didn't want tpeople think you are ruining the island with your shoppes. Wrong move. Now you pissed off people who actually wanted to take it moreso. Pissed off some traders who thought they were gonna be able to have more of a plethora of shoppes to choose to trade to. You didn't piss off the shoppe keeps anymore, but they were pretty pissed off with you in the beginning anyway.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Oct 28, 2004 5:56:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

Walls appear to be closing in. Time is up.....
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Oct 28, 2004 6:22:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

Since all of Black Sails could fit in a cutter these days, I can't see Dolzar winning this one. But that doesn't mean RobertDonald has to win; this blockade needs a third party. Badly.

As far as "the good of Cnossos" goes, Dolzar's real estate deals may have been sketchy... but he hasn't, for example, jacked tax rates up to maximum in order to make a fortune at the expense of the shopkeepers. There aren't many pirates who'd do that, but RobertDonald is at the top of that short list.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Edit 1 times, last edit by goodmanj at Oct 28, 2004 6:22:44 AM]
[Oct 28, 2004 6:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

goodmanj wrote: 
Since all of Black Sails could fit in a cutter these days, I can't see Dolzar winning this one. But that doesn't mean RobertDonald has to win. This blockade needs a third party. Badly.

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=12669&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225
If you're bored enough to read it all.
Bubbablue,
SO of Bubba Gump Shrimpin' Co.
Vote Bubba for President in '08, cause Shrimpin' is Great!
Cleaver wrote: 
Anything else? Please don't say, 'Make everything FREEEEEE!!1!!'

[Oct 28, 2004 6:27:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

goodmanj wrote: 
Since all of Black Sails could fit in a cutter these days, I can't see Dolzar winning this one. But that doesn't mean RobertDonald has to win; this blockade needs a third party. Badly.

Midnight Armada, on paper, is still allied with Black Sails.

Ahem.
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Oct 28, 2004 6:36:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

If you're bored enough to read it all.

That thread made no sense at all. I'm starting over with "RobertDonald is blockading Cnossos for an unspecified reason", and working forward from there.
Argonaut
[Oct 28, 2004 6:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

Umm, so what does Cnossos have to do with Silver Dawn and Eta? I missed something in there, I know....

/me scratches her head
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Oct 28, 2004 6:42:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

We will not raise taxes.
Quizzical wrote: 

[Oct 28, 2004 6:43:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thoren

Read my lips! No new taxes!
Trilse
[size=7]Mostly Retired SO of Extremely Happy Pirates
[size=7]Mostly Retired ex-Lord of Water Sleeps
[size=9]Callahans : Mmmmm... Spicy!
[Oct 28, 2004 6:52:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
riallatar

George H.W. Bush said:

"Read my lips: No new taxes."

He then raised the taxes.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.
Riallatar
Senior Officer of the Cult of the Red Mantis
Member of the Flag Looterati
[Oct 28, 2004 6:52:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

Smackey wrote: 

Midnight Armada, on paper, is still allied with Black Sails.

Good to know. A slight oversight on my part. :)

RobertDonald wrote: 

We will not raise taxes.

Good to know. Though really, I'd been hoping some hard-hearted monarch somewhere would try that maneuver. Preferably not on an island my flag has an interest in, though.
Argonaut
[Oct 28, 2004 6:54:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

There are what, maybe 3 islands that spawn good amounts of stone? And by paving Cnossos you want to reduce that to two?
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Oct 28, 2004 6:59:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Robertdonald keeps his word. If he says no tax raising, he means it.
[Oct 28, 2004 7:52:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

thoren wrote: 
Read my lips! No new taxes!

Lol, was thinking the exact same thing.
[size=10]Sheo says, "We're duking it out after this"
Peax says, "With great pleasure."
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Oct 28, 2004 7:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

As the new Govenor of Cnossos, let me put some of yer minds at ease.
Cnossos has been through many troubles in the past, but we feel this too can make a community stronger and work together as a whole. I have many friends on Cnossos and around the ocean that feel the Scallywag Syndicate will not act in the best interests of the islanders and shopkeepers.

I as well promise not to raise taxes. And anyone that knows me, can vouch for my word. Plus I have been playing this game for well over a year and feel that I have a better grip on things than say someone who started in March of this year. I would like to see Cnossos ran in the same pattern as Winter has been ran. It seems to be fair and effective.

So I ask for your support in the blockade. Let us pull together and make it happen! I will post later as to whom to send yer Tells to for jobbing purposes. Thank You........Kissa
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Oct 28, 2004 8:22:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Perhaps I should contend. I have no military might, no members in my flag, and probably can't even drop the warchest. But I'd enjoy trying to run the island. It's a fixer-upper.

Edit: Cross-post with Kissa. Does this mean that the island has been handed over to Chaos?
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Fujiko at Oct 28, 2004 8:25:09 AM]
[Oct 28, 2004 8:25:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

One might note that it isn't required to have an alliance with Black Sails in order to defend the island.

Though having any unallied defenders allied with each other might make it easier to do so (unallied as in not allied with Black Sails).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Oct 28, 2004 8:26:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates