• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22183 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
rroberts

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

See, now that's griefing if you ask me. I didn't used to think so. I used to think it was all part of being a pirate, etc etc yarrr bullcannon. But in my sagacity I have realised I'm a fool and it's not on. :)

Scarab
[Nov 3, 2004 1:17:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

Pegleg_Joe wrote: 
rroberts wrote: 
The ToS explicitly states that anything that could be considered 'griefing', that is to wilfully disrupt someone else's fun to further your own enjoyment is not allowed.
(My bold)

A dictionary wrote: 
Explicit: precisely and clearly expressed or readily observable; leaving nothing to implication

The ToS wrote: 
[Players may not] engage in any behaviour that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game'

I challenge your statement, Scarab, and contend that it is not supported by the evidence.

wow...you just proved your own stance to be wrong....that takes skill

as stated...how is blockading people again and again maliciously to hurt them not a form of griefing...?

not to mention his consistency in trying to agitate anyone and everyone possible
[Nov 3, 2004 4:44:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Dude, has RD done anything to you? No? Okay, thank you, now you can shut up.
----------------------------------------
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Nov 3, 2004 4:57:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Smackey wrote: 

One. How do you know?

Two. When attempting to stop griefing we attempt to help the population at large.

Three. The opinions voiced here have been mainly a summarisation of most other post regarding RD's behaviour.

Four. Try adding something to a discussion in a mature and sensible way, instead of being all Buri about it.

Five. If you can't say anything sensible, at least be civil.

Six. Thank you and goodnight.

Scarab
[Nov 3, 2004 5:47:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

It's hammer time.

rroberts wrote: 
Smackey wrote: 

One. How do you know?

Well, a plethora of people in this game have an urge to hop on the bandwagon and talk about how much they "hate" RD and his "evil" ways. It's one thing if RD has done one wrong, and one has the urge to call him evil. It's entirely different when one is blabbering around and going on what other people say without figuring out things for themselves. Jesus, I was talking to a friend of mine the other day. And she was telling me that her crew kept on bashing RD, so she started to aswell. She then told me when she talked to him on the docks, he wasn't that bad of a guy. To be honest, I don't know if she used the words "not that bad of a guy" or "nice guy." If I called you, Scarab, a moron, and my only reason was that because I heard you were a moron, do you feel I have a valid opinion? Even though I didn't do any research or even met you, but just decided to hop on the bandwagon and call you a moron? If yes, then you are a moron.

Two. When attempting to stop griefing we attempt to help the population at large.

Ya, so people grief even more about Robertdonald for his "griefing," when they fail to realize that they are the problem as well. And the populace at large is being helped by bashing Robertdonald? Sorry, I fail to see logic here. Well, maybe there is logic, but it's a pathetic example. I'm not sure.

Three. The opinions voiced here have been mainly a summarisation of most other post regarding RD's behaviour.

Ya, and the same people will bash RD over and over and over in every topic that mentions RD. The same way you will bash Ridestowe in every topic that mentions Ridestowe.

Four. Try adding something to a discussion in a mature and sensible way, instead of being all Buri about it.

I was being succinct. Instead of asking every bandwagon++ jumper who hates RD why they hate RD, I figured I would express it in a dfferent way. It's also hilarious how you can tell me to do that, when you have a hard time doing that yourself. "All Buri about it"? Well, atleast I'm not all Scarab about it. Where I will tartfest in every topic with the same person over and over and then say I'm sorry. Where I'll be laughed at for being condescending, while failing to have any logic at all in anything I say. I'll put a signature that states that my opinion has nothing to do with my flag, because I'd be too much of a wimp to say anything without the fear of being OMG controversial to what my monarch said.

Five. If you can't say anything sensible, at least be civil.

You, out of all people, should take this advice. Hypocricy, it's a disease.

Six. Thank you and goodnight.

Huggles! Kissies!

kthxbai
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Nov 3, 2004 6:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

I wrote: 

Thank you and goodnight

[Nov 3, 2004 7:28:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

rroberts wrote: 
I wrote: 

Thank you and goodnight

Typical escape technique. It's somewhat sad =/
[Nov 3, 2004 7:34:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Not at all. I simply tire of seeing ever post I make turn into something that someone manipulates into something else, drawing me into a confrontation in an attempt to make me look bad. I'm simply learning to be above such baiting.

Thank you, and good night.
[Nov 3, 2004 7:41:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
cndcdn

rroberts wrote: 
I simply tire of seeing ever post I make turn into something that someone manipulates into something else, drawing me into a confrontation in an attempt to make me look bad.

Scarab, honey, I have to disagree with you on this one. Buri was replying to CrazyMorg; your replying to him was your own free choice (unless he manipulated you into replying, which I doubt very much.)

And I have to go with Buri on this one. There's a lot of flaming about "ole Bob" that comes from rep/hearsay alone and not from personal dealings with him. That's all Buri was pointing out; I don't think he deserved the baiting you gave him in response.
~Miss
[Nov 3, 2004 8:02:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ythguanssim [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Check again. He directly quoted me, not Horns, sweetie. :)

*edit and multiple blockades happen, it's not heresay. And that's just one example, but I'm officially leaving this thread............................now.
[Nov 3, 2004 8:35:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
cndcdn

rroberts wrote: 
Check again. He directly quoted me, not Horns, sweetie. :)

Naw, he did quote you directly but that was not what I was referring to. I was talking about this post, which was, undoubtedly, a reply to someone who was not you:

Smackey wrote: 

To which you replied. To which he replied. Rinse and repeat. Good game.

Oh, as an aside, it's hearsay.
~Miss
[Nov 3, 2004 9:06:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ythguanssim [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Allow me to summarize:

Bandwagon++
Misquote++
Confusion-generation++

Did I miss anything?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Nov 3, 2004 9:15:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

rroberts wrote: 
No, you misunderstand. I know it works for greenies and such, but I mean that it is obviously not working against RD and his ilk, if it is being used at all.

It takes a more serious offense to get a subscribed player banned than it is for trial players. Most trial players get banned with only a few complaints, but it takes a lot more to get a subscriber banned.
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 3, 2004 10:02:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

heresay...i think not

and RD isnt that bad a person in my opinion, however his actions are simply horrendous and i dont think he should be allowed to exercise them as freely as he has when it hurts other players...which it does

isnt that griefing...and then he rinses and repeats...give me a break....sigh
[Nov 3, 2004 12:47:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

If you remove someone like RD someone will simply take his place. Y!PP needs someone to demonize. Before people tarted about everything RD did they tarted about everything Thanos did. Thanos left, and RD took over.
[Nov 3, 2004 10:02:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
54x

stevedave wrote: 
If you remove someone like RD someone will simply take his place. Y!PP needs someone to demonize. Before people tarted about everything RD did they tarted about everything Thanos did. Thanos left, and RD took over.

YPP doesn't need someone to demonise, rather, there always seems to be someone immature enough to say: "Right, I think it'd be fun to play the bad guy..." and then just as we break the first one, another one pops up to take their place.
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Nov 3, 2004 10:38:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

I don't think it's necessarily immature to want to play the bad guy.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Nov 3, 2004 11:17:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

goodmanj wrote: 

And it very much depends on how you do it.
[Nov 3, 2004 11:45:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

homullus wrote: 
goodmanj wrote: 

And it very much depends on how you do it.

And I actually don't think RD does a bad or even "unethical" job of being a bad guy, if you could tie ethics into being the bad guy. I mean he's pretty civilized and mature while being an ass to everyone, moreso than the people being an ass to him.

And again, if you want to get into the gritty details I doubt he sees his character as a bad guy, he wishes to play a mercencary that keeps to his vows above all else and wins as much as possible within the rules.
[Nov 4, 2004 2:38:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

54x wrote: 
stevedave wrote: 

YPP doesn't need someone to demonise, rather, there always seems to be someone immature enough to say: "Right, I think it'd be fun to play the bad guy..." and then just as we break the first one, another one pops up to take their place.

Not everybody plays the same way diamond. I find rd's play-style interesting and adds somewhat excitement to the game, he is one of the only few who blockades player-owned islands and even tho he doesnt win, its fun for those involed.

Personally I wish every thread would stop being about how much of an ass rd is. Get over it, he isnt going to change and apparently the dev's dont think that its a bannable what he is doing(does). If I thread every thread around about saying how much diamondblade sucked, everybody would get on my back like a bad rash.
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Nov 4, 2004 4:59:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

chewyshoe wrote: 

Not everybody plays the same way diamond. I find rd's play-style interesting and adds somewhat excitement to the game, he is one of the only few who blockades player-owned islands and even tho he doesnt win, its fun for those involed.

Ah Now I understand the type of "fun" you like. It's the type of fun akin to tripping a little old lady and laughing at her falling down and trying to get up.

Ha.
Ha.
Hilarious.

(not)
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Nov 5, 2004 1:48:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

chewyshoe wrote: 
54x wrote: 
stevedave wrote: 

Personally I wish every thread would stop being about how much of an ass rd is. Get over it, he isnt going to change and apparently the dev's dont think that its a bannable what he is doing(does). If I thread every thread around about saying how much diamondblade sucked, everybody would get on my back like a bad rash.

noooooooooooo

its fine if its for fun you moron...if its malicious and you want to stop and hender other players from enjoying the game then its not...thats what RD does

hes stated that he plans to blockade cnossos again, thats fun?, hes stated he wants to destroy people fleets to ruin them, thats fun?

blockades can be fun, but its a thin line, and hes snapped it a few too many times...
[Nov 5, 2004 5:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shanoyu

KoshMom wrote: 
chewyshoe wrote: 

Ah Now I understand the type of "fun" you like. It's the type of fun akin to tripping a little old lady and laughing at her falling down and trying to get up.

Ha.
Ha.
Hilarious.

(not)

What on God's green earth are you even talking about? Every time you post your silly campaign of denegration attatched to your sig makes you look even more absurd, nothing personal.
His Holiness, The Dope
[Nov 5, 2004 5:09:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
alanafiona

Here we go again.

Declared tonight, Scallywag Syndicate against Black Sails.
Will begin on Nov 6, 3:36 pm PST.

Coincidentally, the Papaya blockade is set to start at the exact same time.
Contenders so far are Don't Panic and Technicolor Armada.
Alanafiona, distracted Captain of the Crimson Tyrants
Queen of the Sailors of Fortune
Why, yes, we are a bit strange - after all, we're lego pirates!
[Nov 5, 2004 8:02:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

Is it griefing yet?
(And if not, when?)
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Nov 5, 2004 8:06:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

Aye it IS griefing, and now would be a good time to file it with the OM's. Thank You.....Kissa
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Nov 5, 2004 8:10:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

You don't want your ships sunk, don't declare war. You don't want to be blockaded, don't own islands. You don't want your ships sunk in a blockade of your island, don't declare war on people who are capable of blockading your island.

By the way, Black Sails declared war before I did.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Nov 5, 2004 8:24:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Wouldn't call 2 blockades seperated by 8 days griefing, griefing would be blockades followed 24 hours by another by another by another. And do notice that Scallywag has other royals, not just RD, it isn't one of his alt flags.

/me begins to internally debate coolness of hanging out at Papaya on Grand Frig vs making POE at Cnossus instead.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Nov 5, 2004 8:25:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

Oh, and of course we're paying 2k per round as usual. :)
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Nov 5, 2004 8:29:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

I did NOT declare war on RD. But I do think his statements of continually Cnossos blockading a threat and a personal attack on myself. Which by the way, DOES fall into the Griefing catagory. It's not just a blockade, it's a personal thing that has been on going for some time now, thats needs to stop. Again, I implore anyone who DOES think this falls under the Griefing in the ToS to filed a /complaint. And to the ones who disagree, disreguard this post. Tarting about it will solve nothing. I am done now...carry on.
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Nov 5, 2004 8:39:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates