• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21470 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
FireMonkey

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

Sorry, that was a very general post to the people calling 'exploit'. Nothing about a particular blockade, just overall.
[Oct 31, 2004 8:05:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

raabitias wrote: 
I was there for over half the blockade. I never once saw a jobbing offer up.

Black Sails and Chaos had job offers up throughout the entire blockade.

Next time I'll take some screen shots, since you black sails people seem to like to lie about EVERYTHING in the freaking game.
----------------------------------------
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Oct 31, 2004 8:10:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raabitias

Well I may have been wrong there, but we informed everyone they were not going to be paid beforehand.
Spelling Nazi.

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Well, that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Congrats.

Avatar done by the extremely talented Kanawinkie.
[Oct 31, 2004 8:18:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    raabitias    Eight Flame [Link]  Go to top 
Brotherloves

Could it have been for ships out sailing, or maybe they just didnt look at the boards so there for never saw it?
[Oct 31, 2004 8:19:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RavenHawk

Aye, we did have crew moving ships during the blockade and hiring jobbers to pillage on the way.
Kissa
Queen of Evil
[Oct 31, 2004 9:14:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

everybody wrote: 
ToS wrote: 
6. Restrictions. You agree not to do any of the following prohibited actions:

14. engage in any behaviour that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Three Rings in its sole discretion. This includes the use of multiple characters or accounts to undermine or spy on competing parties, or to otherwise manipulate the game environment.

(much tarting and hair-splitting)

I always thought that particular clause was trouble since the first time I had seen it.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Oct 31, 2004 9:57:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pokeytax

I was jobbing with Chaos and I got to the blockade, ported at Cnossos, via a notice board. But anyway, Jack's throwaway comment was not the important thing, the important thing is the blockade is over; Kissa gets to go to Disneyland Adventure Island, Robertdonald returns to the manse for a refreshing dip in his money bin.
Pokeytax on Malachite
Pokey on Midnight
[Oct 31, 2004 10:35:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DirtyHole

54x wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 
Wow, you really, really want another warchest dropped.

Is that really your only way of dealing with people?

I noticed something funny about this.

Question: which is a meaner thing to do: use in-game mechanics to engage in friendly competition, or insult a real live person's ability to resolve their problems?
[Oct 31, 2004 10:45:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BoJanglesSC [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

DirtyHole wrote: 
54x wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 
Wow, you really, really want another warchest dropped.

Is that really your only way of dealing with people?

I noticed something funny about this.

Question: which is a meaner thing to do: use in-game mechanics to engage in friendly competition, or insult a real live person's ability to resolve their problems?

Good point. But also keep in mind some consider the forums an extension fo the game.
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Oct 31, 2004 1:22:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

xagoloth wrote: 
Good point. But also keep in mind some consider the forums an extension fo the game.

What?!?!?! You mean this is a game? Uh oh.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Oct 31, 2004 1:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

DirtyHole wrote: 

It really depends on how you define 'friendly', I suppose.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Oct 31, 2004 1:54:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DirtyHole

Tee_Beard wrote: 
DirtyHole wrote: 

It really depends on how you define 'friendly', I suppose.

I did use a little exagerations there, but the point remains. The strategies Robertdonald employed might not be friendly, but they're certainly not an attack on personal character, they're just "playing the game."
[Oct 31, 2004 2:00:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    BoJanglesSC [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

DirtyHole wrote: 
I did use a little exagerations there, but the point remains. The strategies Robertdonald employed might not be friendly, but they're certainly not an attack on personal character, they're just "playing the game."

And you could argue, conversely, that words are just words, and only in-game actions seem to matter in this case.

I mean, personal attack on character. Oh, dear, time to commit seppuku, my honor has been tarnished.
Thesis
[Oct 31, 2004 6:09:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

Everybody wrote: 
A whole lot of bilge

Wow, it's funny how removing yourself from the game (and the board) will give you a different perspective on things.

To everybody who supports RobertDonald :
Yup, he's free to do whatever he wants. People are also free to hate what he's doing and how he's doing it. From what I've seen RD has been tip-toeing that ToS since the very beginning, much like how a lawyer will try to find loopholes and whatnot in laws to defend a person they know is guilty of a crime. A lot of people see this, hence why they're so much widespread disdain for him.

To everybody who feels that calling him a random expeltive will accomplish anything :
You're no better. As long as you keep ranting and spouting and whatnot, you'll only seem worse and worse. Eventually, more and more people will side with RobertDonald, and eventually, what was just a minor annoyance will become an actual threat.

For example : Let's say the Hulk is in the woods and he's visited by a worker bee. The bee, for some reason, wants to sting the Hulk. Now, the Hulk could choose to just flick the bee away, sending it into a tree and killing it. Or, he could decide to yell "GRRR! SMASH!" at it, temporarily scaring the bee but also upsetting the other bees in the nearby hive. And thus, the Hulk gets stung by 100 bees instead of getting stung by none.

Tune in next week when I compare inter-flag politics to the Super Friends!

/me thinks that he kept on writing that just because he really liked his Hulk analogy.
Hermes wrote: 
Gather round, folks, for the Ballad of Dorel the Invulnerable!
silverkitty wrote: 
The ocean is dangerous, bring a lifejacket.

[Oct 31, 2004 8:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

Dorel wrote: 
silly metaphor

I'm a-callin' you out, Dorel, for yer silly metaphor. :)
Thesis
[Oct 31, 2004 8:55:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

Tee_Beard wrote: 
Dorel wrote: 
silly metaphor

I'm a-callin' you out, Dorel, for yer silly metaphor. :)

For some reason, I just got a mental image of the Hulk flicking away an insect of sorts. I ran with it.
Hermes wrote: 
silverkitty wrote: 

[Oct 31, 2004 9:01:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
TheRug

Dorel wrote: 
Hulk analogy.

Wait, I'm confused. Is RD the Hulk or the bee? Or am I the Hulk? Who is the tree? And where does Bruce Banner come into all this?

-Rugsby SMASH! GRRRR!
-Rugsby, formerly of Midnight and now of HunterEmerald

no .sig, no .plan, no .clue
[Oct 31, 2004 11:15:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

TheRug wrote: 

Wait, I'm confused. Is RD the Hulk or the bee? Or am I the Hulk? Who is the tree? And where does Bruce Banner come into all this?

-Rugsby SMASH! GRRRR!

Don't you get it man! We're all the bee! And we're all the Hulk! You see man, it's just that...man...it's so deep and...deep! We're all in this together man! And together, we need to fight the man man! And, man, we have to...man...I'm hungry...
Hermes wrote: 
silverkitty wrote: 

[Oct 31, 2004 11:17:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Dorel wrote: 
TheRug wrote: 

-Rugsby SMASH! GRRRR!

Don't you get it man! We're all the bee! And we're all the Hulk! You see man, it's just that...man...it's so deep and...deep! We're all in this together man! And together, we need to fight the man man! And, man, we have to...man...I'm hungry...

Hippie!
[Oct 31, 2004 11:19:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Dorel

stevedave wrote: 
Hippie!

Not quite. My hair isn't long enough yet. It's getting there though.
Hermes wrote: 
silverkitty wrote: 

[Oct 31, 2004 11:20:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    CeeJayDorel [Link]  Go to top 
TheRug

Dorel wrote: 
TheRug wrote: 

-Rugsby SMASH! GRRRR!

Ok, now I'm trying to figure out how Hippy Hulk applies to all this. On the upside, he's now a lot more mellow. But on the downside, you don't want to see him when he gets hungry.

-Rugsby, who is already pretty green...
-Rugsby, formerly of Midnight and now of HunterEmerald

no .sig, no .plan, no .clue
[Oct 31, 2004 11:29:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

Dorel check out www.ilovebees.com
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Oct 31, 2004 11:32:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

RavenHawk wrote: 

I as well promise not to raise taxes. And anyone that knows me, can vouch for my word.

It's something of a nitpick, but not really... Taxes at Cnossos are now 5%. They were 4% a few weeks ago. Please don't slowly sneak tax raises up on us.

And I know you well enough to know your word is worthless.
Quizzical on Oct 10 wrote: 

Cnossos: 4%

Raw Data: Deluxe Shipyard stall rent 4712, population 992. Formula for tax-free rent for that stall is 3000 + 1.5*population.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Nov 1, 2004 12:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
1Famine

Tee_Beard wrote: 
1Famine wrote: 
Expediency is preferred because it's a game

You lost the minute you mentioned this.

What? Someone is suppose to care what people who hate them in an online game think? Clearly, you and I have different value systems and continuing a conversation is a waste of time.

Expediently,
Famine
Famine, of the Mercenary Squadron
[Nov 1, 2004 12:57:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

1Famine wrote: 
What? Someone is suppose to care what people who hate them in an online game think?

*confused* I said that?

Clearly, you and I have different value systems and continuing a conversation is a waste of time.

Perhaps I should have said, "You lost me the minute you said that", as opposed to what I did say. But sure, okay. I'm not feeling very lucid anyway.
Thesis
[Nov 1, 2004 1:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

RobertDonald wrote: 
RavenHawk wrote: 

I as well promise not to raise taxes. And anyone that knows me, can vouch for my word.

It's something of a nitpick, but not really... Taxes at Cnossos are now 5%. They were 4% a few weeks ago. Please don't slowly sneak tax raises up on us.

Raw Data: Deluxe Shipyard stall rent 4712, population 992. Formula for tax-free rent for that stall is 3000 + 1.5*population.

I wonder why you most hide such things, you seem to want to place judgement on others but you cant even be up front with the intentions of your posts...... (and no this isnt a personal slight, but you seem to care so little of peoples opinions that i have to wonder if your scared to share this info openly, or if you think your being clever).
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Nov 1, 2004 3:28:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

RobertDonald wrote: 

Why do you persist in putting tiny invisible text in all of your posts? It just makes you look like a coward (afraid to say what he thinks) or a weasel (hiding everything in invisible fine print).

Perhaps you think that concealing messages like this makes you "smarter" than the average forum poster. Maybe that gives you a thrill. But if so, I warn you: when the Rovilutoen comes, "smart" people tend to be shot or torn apart by angry mobs of "dumb" people.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Nov 1, 2004 4:39:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

cmdrzoom wrote: 
Rovilutoen

This made me giggle.

Edit: Mostly because I'd been corrected on the same word today.
[Nov 1, 2004 4:41:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

cmdrzoom wrote: 
Why do you persist in putting tiny invisible text in all of your posts? It just makes you look like a coward (afraid to say what he thinks) or a weasel (hiding everything in invisible fine print).

I think he's trying to be like me. Except that if I hide text it's either a spoiler for the joke or unimportant to the main thrust of the post. And I usually give some sort of tell, [color=#EFEFEF:d43f46f1f2]like this, for instance.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nov 1, 2004 5:07:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinkkBeard

I'm just confused because he hid the data which supported his point. That's a little bizarre. If you want to insult people in hidden text, go for it. But shooting yourself in the foot in hidden text is over the line, 'sfar's I'm concerned.
Homullus wrote: 
There are still myriad varieties of sucking that you can do

Thusnelda wrote: 
Pinkkbeard gets a gold star.

[size=9]Azure: Where'd everyone go?
[Nov 1, 2004 6:15:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates