• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 22179 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
CrazyMorg

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

1_EYED_WILLY wrote: 
This is taking the island from Black Sails.

hmmmm...point....

and its called sarcasm for the most part in my post...didnt mean to make it that difficult to pick up on...
[Oct 28, 2004 1:45:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Byrne II was I believe also under DOOFIS. I remember RD in that one, though after a while it was just given up as most of the attention was given to Jorvik III.
----------------------------------------
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Oct 28, 2004 1:50:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

dr4b wrote: 
In Dolzar's defense, if you go to Cnossos and look at the shops there, they are all from before Black Sails took over. (They took over in May and the shops all have "since April 2004" dates or earlier, and are from the "name Cnossos shops" auction) He built bazaars and one apothecary. He's not lying about that.

The Cnossos navy even used to be pretty useful before the 1-island update.

Yes, yes indeed. The last auction was just a little too intense, could have been because it was the "last one" or something, but regardless, it was overflowed with buildings before it was blockadeable.
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Oct 28, 2004 3:14:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
1_EYED_WILLY

CrazyMorg wrote: 
1_EYED_WILLY wrote: 
This is taking the island from Black Sails.

hmmmm...point....

and its called sarcasm for the most part in my post...didnt mean to make it that difficult to pick up on...

Yes thank you for making my point. Where does it say taking thie island is helping it? Guess you dont know what sacrasm is when its thrown back in your face?
Nostradamus

Certified Syndicate

Hire us for Birthday Parties
[Oct 28, 2004 3:17:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

Shanoyu wrote: 
I love goldbeard and all, but when I was CT Liason to Black Sails back a few months ago, he was foraging his own materials (we're talking like, Wood here.) to build the bazaar because BS didn't have them.

And it's not really his fault. It's the fact that Cnossos is the poison pill of flags. You take it over, then you can't really do jack, and it just instills malaise in your flag and in the Governor personally, quite often. Goldbeard was one of the few who weren't torn down by it. Uzi might also fall into this category, but she's an obvious exception since she never had that whole big "wow my flag gets nothing out of this" problem.

If you hate Robertdonald, you want him to win. It is the poison pill of puzzle pirates, no joke.

Just to put a few things in perspective, the bazaars where built at the request of certain nameless ones, more so I put little effort in to supplying them as I thought the island could control if they where completed or not, I personally gained nothing either way. HOWEVER so far I have been blamed for my former prince/stand-in king, gathering materials for a ship (and this is some how bad) Building too many shops on the island (even though they where there when I took it), O and the random its bad to prevent further construction, and of course a great one, you built over my favorite spot. (of which that is the only one im willing to apologize for; sorry funny bones). I read somewhere that MA bought out shops and built nothing on Winter Solstice, I shalln't speak bad of my ally, as they have done a admirable job with Winter, BUT I will point out the ship yard that appeard shortly after they took the island... Frig N Cold.

Now the real point of this message, it seems peoples view is which of these two people is more EVIL, and a general feeling the ocean would be better with both myself and Robert gone. So I would like to discuss this offer with Robertdonald, loser leaves the game and has the OM's close their account after all personal goods are given away, and a gentlemens promise that if either ever opts to return they will take no part in matters that COULD shape the ocean, and will never own any special prizes (no familiars or islands). I make this offer as the ocean seems to be in a position where they are picking between to people they dont like (similiar to real life huh?) this way atleast they get something outta it. (yes I know this is dramaqueenish, but heck, I'm trying to give the people what they want).

A final note: This is the crew of Mercenaries. Our loyalties are for sale to the highest bidder. We don't come cheap, but we think victory in a blockade is worth it.

Id like a short list of blockades that your crew has won. (just curious)
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
[Oct 28, 2004 3:47:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Psyche

Dolzar wrote: 
I make this offer as the ocean seems to be in a position where they are picking between to people they dont like (similiar to real life huh?) this way atleast they get something outta it. (yes I know this is dramaqueenish, but heck, I'm trying to give the people what they want).

If one or both of you left the game, more would be found to take your places. There will always be drama of one sort or another. I see no point in either of you leaving quite frankly.
~ Psyche ~
Captain of the Phoenix Rising
Queen of Vendetta
Accept no substitutes or imitations!
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

You have to offer something in return in order to make a bargain, Dolzar. I really don't care whether you leave or quit the game. Anyway, you already assured me you are leaving the game no matter what, so you have offered nothing even if I did care.

I've noticed you don't negotiate in good faith, anyway.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dolzar

RobertDonald wrote: 
You have to offer something in return in order to make a bargain, Dolzar. I really don't care whether you leave or quit the game. Anyway, you already assured me you are leaving the game no matter what, so you have offered nothing even if I did care.

I've noticed you don't negotiate in good faith, anyway.

*No comment
~Dolzar~
Scapegoat of Red Dawn, and for the rest of the ocean as well!
CrazyMorg

Horns here

1st round....

Black Sails- 316 (i think)
RD- 118

come help Black Sails and the rest of your FRIENDLY ocean pirates win this blockade
[Oct 28, 2004 5:57:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Wow. This thread got real ugly real fast.

Umm......let's all play nice now kids, hmm?

As someone who doesn't give a damn what happens to Cnossos as I never go there, I would say that this has been coming for a loooong time. As monarch of a previous flag, I was asked by numerous shoppe- and stall-owners of Cnossos to blockade the island to take it away from Dolzar, Goldbeard and mates. I didn't, but knew it was only a matter of time before someone did.

I wouldn't worry too much Kissa, as Scallywag Syndicate simply don't have the support of, well, everyone else in the ocean. Almost every other island-controlling flag has enough allies and friends to see them off, and whether they have particular frinds or not, the rest of the ocean generally bands together to stop Bob getting his hands on anything.

On a more general note, I have friends and acquaintances on both sides of this one, and got job offers from multiple people when I logged in this morning. I revert to my original comments of really not caring too much either way, and if that makes me a bad guy, well, meh, but I didn't really want to alienate my mates on the other side by jobbing with anyone.

Anyhoo, I think it's 3-0 after the first set to Black Sails (not a surprise) with Scallywag Syndicate claiming to be able to come back stronger in the later rounds, so we'll have to wait and see.

Best wishes to all,

Scarab
--off to work
[Oct 28, 2004 6:46:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
ayli

rroberts wrote: 
Anyhoo, I think it's 3-0 after the first set to Black Sails (not a surprise) with Scallywag Syndicate claiming to be able to come back stronger in the later rounds, so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm wondering, how do you know it's 3-0, when the third round has barely even started? Or are you one of those people who can predict the future? Care to divulge who'll win the US election, so I can go make poe in that wager thread?
[size=10]Ruby: because telling your grandkids how you singlehandedly beat those three light blue brigands just isn't the same
[Oct 28, 2004 7:08:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

Round 2 was another landslide for Black Sails

Round 3 underway
[Oct 28, 2004 7:15:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

ayli wrote: 
rroberts wrote: 

I'm wondering, how do you know it's 3-0, when the third round has barely even started? Or are you one of those people who can predict the future? Care to divulge who'll win the US election, so I can go make poe in that wager thread?

I await being proven wrong.

And put your money on Bush.
[Oct 28, 2004 7:29:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

round 3 isnt over...but we left...and RD is a no show...

3-0 to Black Sails

help us finish the insanity later mates, :)
[Oct 28, 2004 7:38:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

CrazyMorg wrote: 
3-0 to Black Sails

Nyeh-nyeh!
[Oct 28, 2004 7:40:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
Varthlokkur

Dolzar wrote: 

Id like a short list of blockades that your crew has won. (just curious)

RD was part of Hades' defence in Turtle II, a victory for the defender.
Vistr of Innocent, of Crimson Tide
- Midnight, the grudge-holding ocean
[Oct 28, 2004 9:25:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    craigld [Link]  Go to top 
Fujiko

Dolzar wrote: 
Now the real point of this message, it seems peoples view is which of these two people is more EVIL, and a general feeling the ocean would be better with both myself and Robert gone. So I would like to discuss this offer with Robertdonald, loser leaves the game and has the OM's close their account after all personal goods are given away, and a gentlemens promise that if either ever opts to return they will take no part in matters that COULD shape the ocean, and will never own any special prizes (no familiars or islands). I make this offer as the ocean seems to be in a position where they are picking between to people they dont like (similiar to real life huh?) this way atleast they get something outta it. (yes I know this is dramaqueenish, but heck, I'm trying to give the people what they want).

I don't want this, and I don't see anyone that does, anywhere.

Don't let the man (men, women, etc) get you down.

Commence blockading, have a clean fight, and best of luck to all!
Fujiko on Cerulean.
WTB: Mako ships, penguins, Neerie's prize-winning egg (a card suits one,) more of Greylady's sixth prize-winning eggs (the penguin one.)
[Oct 28, 2004 9:32:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

rroberts wrote: 
CrazyMorg wrote: 
3-0 to Black Sails

Nyeh-nyeh!

Teh psychic returns....
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Oct 29, 2004 3:17:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Updates please, I'm stranded at work.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Oct 29, 2004 5:20:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

5-1 Black Sails (but that last round was EXTREMELY close: 289-269 black sails)

Sink count: I think at least 8 Black Sails ships sent to Davy Jones... 0 of Scallywag Syndicate.
[Oct 29, 2004 5:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

How about ship sink totals, last I knew I think it was BS losing 2brigs, 2cutter, 1 sloop to 0 (seeing the win total is pretty poor)?
[Oct 29, 2004 5:29:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
CrazyMorg

aye...we lost ships...but we easily won an island...
[Oct 29, 2004 7:22:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Well then I say good fight, and may we meet again when I don't have to work through most of it. Good job on organizing a quick defense all you defenders.
[Oct 29, 2004 7:39:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

The part about my favorite spot was more of a joke, though I was a little sentimental for that place.

But Dolzar, you are a great mate, it's just, well, you did choose an island that was a bit booched. It even lost you a good island (long story involving interalliance politics of the past) if my memory serves. And, in the will to build build build, which I can't blame you for, you made it look even yuckier.

On Winter Solctice, MA has done the best job immaginable at running it. Though it is hard to get to the memorial now.
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Oct 29, 2004 8:09:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Discordia

funnybones wrote: 

On Winter Solctice, MA has done the best job immaginable at running it. Though it is hard to get to the memorial now.

Pfft, its easier to get there now. Instead of walking through the center of shops, through the gate, and along the wall...you can just hop in Frig N Cold, and step outside. Besides, its a great shipyard name.
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Unknown Greenie wrote: 
My captain said I had to get three broads to be an officer. Can we have that many girlfriends?

[Oct 29, 2004 1:39:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
raabitias

EDIT: Ha, I really should read the posts before mine.

So will there be another "Robertdonald versus the Ocean" blockade next weekend?
Spelling Nazi.

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Well, that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Congrats.

Avatar done by the extremely talented Kanawinkie.
[Oct 29, 2004 11:08:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    raabitias    Eight Flame [Link]  Go to top 
raabitias

And we (Black Sails) didn't lose eight ships, though our allies may have lost a few and we thank them for sacrificing their ships for the island. =)
Spelling Nazi.

NinjaGuy wrote: 
Well, that's one of the dumbest things I've read in a while. Congrats.

Avatar done by the extremely talented Kanawinkie.
[Oct 29, 2004 11:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    raabitias    Eight Flame [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

It's arrogant to assume the entire ocean is on your side. Did you ask them first?
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Oct 30, 2004 1:21:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
xagoloth

RobertDonald wrote: 
It's arrogant to assume the entire ocean is on your side. Did you ask them first?

*pounds the floor boards of his black pearl laughing at that comment*
JackSparrow
www.mashrur.com
[Oct 30, 2004 1:59:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mashrur.com    jaquesparrow@yahoo.com    mashsurfer [Link]  Go to top 
Tee_Beard

RobertDonald wrote: 

Who said what where?

Thesis,
finally deciding to bother looking.
Thesis
It’s kind of funny/sad how I still can find the thing that made me part of Y!PP canon.
[Oct 30, 2004 2:29:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates