• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 305
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 19719 times and has 304 replies Next Thread
CookieMonstr

Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

CookieMonstr wrote: 
IF SHOPOWNERS ARE WILLING TO FUND THE WAR CHEST FOR ME AND HELP ME WITH SHOP, SHIPS, AND RUM, I WILL BE WILLING TO ARRANGE FOR THE OVERTAKING OF CNOSSOS

I have zero vested interest there and would be willing to help maintain the status Quo. IF there is room on the island, and shopowners agree 100% that they do not want any stall or shop of any type to be built, I will ask for help with supplies to build myself an inn- "Cookiemonstr's Cookie Emporium".

This is NOT a joke. If you truly want this island out of Dolzar's hands, I will personally see to it that it gets done. Since I'm pretty much on my own here, I just need help with supplies.

[size=9]DISCLAIMER: As some of you know, this is an alt of Drabillord. Due to my high status within that flag, I feel the need to say that this move is by no means endorsed by Equinox nor will Equinox help in any way shape or form, except those wish to see something different for their shops that they own there. I will most likely get yelled at for doing this post by my royalty, but since no one else really has stepped up willing to do this, I figured "hey, this could be fun for me".

DISCAIMER2: As some of you may also know, I am a big fan of bumper sloops. If the blockade indeed does happen and in the event of a landslide victory going my way, I will probably announce a few rounds of bumper sloops.

According to Shuranthae's wise suggestion, here is a petition. Shop owners please give an aye or a nay to this, along with how much ye wish to donate towards this effort.

WarChest - 300k(?)
Ships needed
Grand Frigate - 1 (kinda optional)
War Frigate - 5
War Brig - 30
Cutter - 15
Sloop - 10

Supplies
150 large shot and 75 rum per war frigate (per round used as well)
200 medium shot and 50 rum per war brig (per round as well)
100 small shot and 30 rum per cutter
50 small shot and 20 rum per sloop.

1 Grand frigate needed for me to use during a bumper sloop round :)
----------------------------------------
C BE FER COOKIE
AND THAT BE GOOD ENOUGH FER ME!

--
Fizban tells you, "you are a copyright suit waiting to happen....lol"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by CookieMonstr at Jul 16, 2004 3:05:49 AM]
[Jul 16, 2004 3:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.sesamestreet.com [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

Re: Cnossos Blockade - Now has nothing to do with Cookiemonstr

If this be a non-sinking blockade I have a couple sloops and a cutter that can be used. If it be a sinking blockade I have an alt that can donate time and body parts. ;)

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Jul 16, 2004 3:20:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

Whether it's sinking or not depends on Dolzar, not Cookiemonstr.

Without taking sides in any way, I'd like to ask: How does Cookiemonstr propose to change the island's governance? How will this blockade solve Cnossos's perceived problems?
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Jul 16, 2004 3:25:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PinkkBeard

For answers to that question I suggest you speak up in the thread, "A Few Words About Cnossos". This thread is more for the actual organization of a Blockade, not a discussion of the aftermath or reasoning, since we already have that. =). I'd link to it, but it's currently probably the hottest topic in Parley, so I hope ye all can find it.
Homullus wrote: 
There are still myriad varieties of sucking that you can do

Thusnelda wrote: 
Pinkkbeard gets a gold star.

[size=9]Azure: Where'd everyone go?
[Jul 16, 2004 3:29:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Smackey

Ooo, somone steped up to the plate, I'm SO in.

I'll donate 3 war brigs and a sloop (All my deeds that aren't for sale). And I'll nav for ya too :-)

One thing, Drab, are ye gonna be the Governor, if ye end up taking it?
"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal."- Friedrich Hayek
[Jul 16, 2004 3:39:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RobertDonald

Warchest is more like 500k.

I'll pledge 4 brigs and a war frig, just for fun.

EDIT: Cleaver just dropped the blockade fee in half. Someone else go check the new price.
Quizzical wrote: 
If winners and losers are arbitrarily chosen by ringers or OM's, then it is no longer even a game. It's just clicking random buttons hoping to be arbitrarily chosen, which becomes stupid really fast.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by RobertDonald at Jul 16, 2004 3:55:51 AM]
[Jul 16, 2004 3:55:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

Nevermind, I'm sorry for my, um, inexperienced statements.
[size=10]Sheo says, "We're duking it out after this"
Peax says, "With great pleasure."
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Edit 2 times, last edit by altmerman55 at Jul 16, 2004 4:15:11 AM]
[Jul 16, 2004 4:15:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

altmerman55 wrote: 
I'd rather this be non-sinking, because if it were sinking I'd be a lot more cautious and I wouldn't take ships too far out.

Too bad it's not for you young upstarts to decide. I hope Dolzar makes it sinking, and everyone learns a valuable (and expensive) lesson. Don't stick your hands in the fire if you're afraid of getting burned, or something.

This just won't do. I'll definitely be there to help quell the rebellion.

-Greenwolf
[Jul 16, 2004 4:41:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodmanj

For answers to that question I suggest you speak up in the thread, "A Few Words About Cnossos".

I figured a call to arms should include a reasonable rationale for war and a plan for post-occupation governance. But maybe, given current events, that's no longer necessary.

This thread is more for the actual organization of a Blockade, not a discussion of the aftermath or reasoning, since we already have that. =).

No, we've got a "did so" "did not" tartfest, with no real discussion of consequences. But I guess I'll wade into that mudpit if you insist.
Argonaut
Senior Officer, Six Leagues Under, Heavens Aligned
Fleet Officer, Sweet Pillage and Mayhem, Cobalt
[Jul 16, 2004 4:55:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ukronin

I may be able to acquire a brig, if not i can supply these at least:

1x Navigator (me)
100 x Small shot
50 x Rum
Starwind - Namelsss Corsairs, Looterati

Hermes says, "That's one"
[Jul 16, 2004 4:59:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    starwindtheloot [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

tommy wrote: 
Too bad it's not for you young upstarts to decide. I hope Dolzar makes it sinking, and everyone learns a valuable (and expensive) lesson. Don't stick your hands in the fire if you're afraid of getting burned, or something.

Your absolutely right, it's not for me or other people starting to decide. I don't expect to do much, neither do I want to, I just want to go in there, have some fun and learn some experience in blockades so I'll know what to do for the future if I really mean to do something.

I don't care what the blockade is about or which side I'm fighting on, I don't even care about which blockade it is, but it's a blockade, and last time I checked blockades weren't just about who's controlling an island.
Feegle says, "You guys DO know that it's the arguing, and not the poe or blood, that convinces me to come along on your pillages, right?"

[Jul 16, 2004 5:00:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

Be ready to feel our wrath. I do feel this as a surprise after the couple hours I have put into trying to FIX the isle. But whatever.

PS If you read this Fronsac please call Dolzar and tell him to contact me please. :D
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Jul 16, 2004 5:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
Thanos

tommy wrote: 
altmerman55 wrote: 
I'd rather this be non-sinking, because if it were sinking I'd be a lot more cautious and I wouldn't take ships too far out.

-Greenwolf

well said.
Thanos - of Midnight? Cobalt? Hunter? Malachite!
[Jul 16, 2004 5:50:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaytheRigga

RobertDonald wrote: 

EDIT: Cleaver just dropped the blockade fee in half. Someone else go check the new price.

All who wish to attack Cnossos, know that ye side with RobertDonald.

I would say more, but I think that says it all.
[Jul 16, 2004 5:56:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boysofbrew

where to begin ... you my friend (well enemy actually), have made a fowl mistake. you cannot possibly expect to succesfully run this fine island, and i am confident that we will find support.

Misters Erdnase and Hogwash, owners of Oh Dye? See Us! have already declared their support of Good King Dolzar.

From Uglyjoe, owner of Anchor Management: Uglyjoe tells you, "I'm really neutral in this whole thing" Uglyjoe tells you, "I will however say that Dolzar is a competent and fair governor.

Cnossos has been my home, my gem, for my entire time in this game, to take it away from Black Sails would be to tarnish it. the thought brings a tear to my eye.

Now to you, Mr. Shogorath. Your support comes with no approval of your flag and you have also signed yerself into a war, I beleive that you probably have not thought your choice through, but you should hopefully have time to reconsider. -Disciple, with thanks to those who supported Dolzar and to deathtoyou for sendin this for him
[Jul 16, 2004 5:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

Humm, an interesting new dynamic in the game...the fact that ONE person independently decides to join one side makes them automatically evil? Even though that side is in no way trying to benefit him?
[Jul 16, 2004 5:59:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaytheRigga

muffy wrote: 
RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

Humm, an interesting new dynamic in the game...the fact that ONE person independently decides to join one side makes them automatically evil? Even though that side is in no way trying to benefit him?

Who said anything about evil?
RobertDonald is
1. Experienced in running a blockade
2. Excellent at all puzzles.
3. Financially sound.

Touchy are we?
[Jul 16, 2004 6:01:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
altmerman55

That you Disciple? Ok, whatever, count me out then, I just wanted to have a little fun, I forgot about opposing my mate's flag.

[Jul 16, 2004 6:02:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Sheo55 [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

RaytheRigga wrote: 
muffy wrote: 
RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

Who said anything about evil?

Ah, ye mean that ye've managed to miss the incredible amount of text commenting on his perceived evilness? Well, I won't quote it for ye, but ye can certainly do a forum search on his name to find out more.

RobertDonald is

Unsuccessfully.

2. Excellent at all puzzles.

I'm 7 ults myself, most days. I'm not impressed.

3. Financially sound.

I can't be impressed with the finances of someone who throws tourneys with other people's money to his own benefit, sorry.

Touchy are we?

Aye, ye seem to be a bit. Sorry if I distressed ye.

*laugh*
[Jul 16, 2004 6:05:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ZSA004

RaytheRigga wrote: 
RobertDonald wrote: 

I would say more, but I think that says it all.

Didn't you lose your own blockade? Like in a crushing defeat? I hardly see how "That says it all".
Iskra says, "You're the sweetest pirate I've seen in the the whole ocean"
[Jul 16, 2004 6:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    ZSA004 [Link]  Go to top 
quiglin

boysofbrew wrote: 
where to begin ... you my friend (well enemy actually), have made a fowl mistake.

Bwahahahahaa, I'm still rolling after that one.

boysofbrew wrote: 
Now to you, Mr. Shogorath. Your support comes with no approval of your flag and you have also signed yerself into a war, I beleive that you probably have not thought your choice through, but you should hopefully have time to reconsider. -Disciple, with thanks to those who supported Dolzar and to deathtoyou for sendin this for him

and Shen, if you want to fight...fight! And if you're disowned for putting your fun first...I happen to have a crew of independent, free-thinkers that like to do what they want, that would love to welcome you to the fold.
[Jul 16, 2004 6:11:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.quiglin.com    bquiglin    bquiglin [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

IM A LAMO IGNORE ME
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by funnybones at Jul 16, 2004 6:12:04 AM]
[Jul 16, 2004 6:12:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quizzical

Wait until the bazaars are done to mess with the island, unless, of course, this is a truly evil attempt at protecting the personal rent-seeking interests of a handful of shop owners at the expense of everyone else in the game. Which it probably is.
There is no "i" in "complex numbers".
[Jul 16, 2004 6:14:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boysofbrew

altmerman55 wrote: 
That you Disciple? Ok, whatever, count me out then, I just wanted to have a little fun, I forgot about opposing my mate's flag.

Ok sheogorath thanks for the support - sincerely from deathtoyou
[Jul 16, 2004 6:16:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tommy

Quizzical wrote: 
Wait until the bazaars are done to mess with the island, unless, of course, this is a truly evil attempt at protecting the personal rent-seeking interests of a handful of shop owners at the expense of everyone else in the game. Which it probably is.

In the extremely unlikely event that Cnossos is overthrown, that won't stop the bazaars from finishing, unless whomever holds those deeds decides to stop construction on them.

-Greenwolf
[Jul 16, 2004 6:16:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaytheRigga

muffy wrote: 

Ah, ye mean that ye've managed to miss the incredible amount of text commenting on his perceived evilness? Well, I won't quote it for ye, but ye can certainly do a forum search on his name to find out more.

RobertDonald is

Unsuccessfully.

*laugh*

Sorry, I don't read the boards as often as I should which island is yours again? Perhaps you can use your succesful blockade experience to help out.

Regardless of Flag,Crew, or any politics, its good to see RD(and other pirates) giving things there best shot in game.
[Jul 16, 2004 6:17:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

RaytheRigga wrote: 
muffy wrote: 

RobertDonald is

Unsuccessfully.

*laugh*

Sorry, I don't read the boards as often as I should which island is yours again? Perhaps you can use your succesful blockade experience to help out.

Hee hee. Predictable.
[Jul 16, 2004 6:20:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

RaytheRigga wrote: 

Your standing in "Knowing Who You're Talking To" has gone down and is now Able in the entire ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by homullus at Jul 16, 2004 6:45:23 AM]
[Jul 16, 2004 6:45:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Shuranthae

tommy wrote: 

-Greenwolf

You're such a tyrant.
[Jul 16, 2004 7:05:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnGrey

homullus wrote: 
RaytheRigga wrote: 

Your standing in "Knowing Who You're Talking To" has gown down and is now Able in the entire ocean.

Indeed.

Search on author Muffy, or on text of RifKind (player) or ARR (crew). Heck, search on Nyx or Nyx's Scions (former flag) or Windows and Orphans (current flag.)

Or, search by date of post, all posts, from the earliest posts. Hmm ...

Rif, how early in Alpha did you start up? Are you really one of the first 100 players? No, can't be -- your joined date puts you between the 7th and 8th alpha release.

What I find most interesting about this:

Ray was the one that commented that we'd be joining RD's side, so he seems to know that there is something going on with RD, even if he doesn't know the full details and opinions that people have.

At the same time, he seems to be ignorant of anything that Rifkind and her crew/flags have done in the way of blockades.

Keep in mind that there is both "We've taken this island", "We've helped our allies get this island", "We've kept so-and-so from taking that island", and "We may not have had a stake, but look how close we came to winning that round with just one ship".

Finally, keep this in mind: Muffy plays for fun. Not to win.
If you want to look at "The Winner", that's probably Thanos.

(I probably should post that post about that after all).

LongJohnGrey
who never paid much attention to the "date joined" field before this.
Re: Market on Scurvy Reef:
Hypnos wrote: 
I didn't realize it was such a hot forage spot until I dropped it and three pirates showed up on the island in quick succession.
And it wasn't even 9 spaces from the arrow :-).
[Jul 16, 2004 8:25:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 305   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates