• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2545 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Male Guest
Stern Warning! Reply to this Post

Here i am....with puzzle pirates and i don't ven want it there anymore(this is because of the "Complete HardDrive Control" rule.

I think that this game might just be a scam, to be able to gather even more information on people "legally".

Cleaver says that it's not a right to play this game....but apparently it's a right to have it on ur harddrive.....

Appartently it's a right to have this game even after destroying your account....

Appartently the developers don't want you getting rid of this game...

Do realise how much searching i'm gonna have to do now just to even get rid of all the components of this game?

BEWARE EVERYONE: get rid of this game as quickly as possible....it is incriminating....and a scam.

THEY WON'T TeLL ME HOW TO REMOVE THIS GAME.....THEREFORE IT MUST BE A INFORMATION SCAM!

FINALLY...
can someone PLEASE tell me HOW to remove this from my harddrive?
[Jul 24, 2003 12:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: Stern Warning! Reply to this Post

Hehe. Everyone, get rid of this game as quickly as possible! It's impossible to get rid of! But get rid of it anyway! Even though it's impossible!

Maybe we should divide the forum into "Logical" and "Logic-Optional" sides.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:46:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Well, by your logic, all .exe games are scams, seeing as they ALL have FULL access to all of your files. Java has security hard-coded into it, and thus, you must give it explicit permission to access all files. And besides, have you even looked at the outgoing packets? Just because Java has security built-in so that any game that saves things on your hard drive (in this case, your account information) or looks at things on your hard drive needs your permission. Don't go flinging around baseless accusations.

<joke>
You Communist.
</joke>

[edit]
Oh, and don't post the same exact thing twice.
----------------------------------------
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Jul 24, 2003 12:48:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Garthor

Oh, and I just checked, and it's easy to remove the program. But I'll never tell you, because I don't want to be helping the Communists.
Cleaver wrote: 
I've never been logged on, let alone on a ship.

[Jul 24, 2003 12:56:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Uhh, this being a Java application...

Open Java Web Start> Applications> Remove Application

Please make sure to smack yourself afterwards, as I cannot currently be there to do it personally.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:57:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Garthor wrote: 
Oh, and I just checked, and it's easy to remove the program. But I'll never tell you, because I don't want to be helping the Communists.

I wrestled with that, too. As much as I delight in his suffering, I think I'd rather have this joker gone.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:58:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Cleaver, ye really should have a word with Nemo about his practical jokes he does through these spoofed-up idiot accounts. Good acting though. I can't imagine anyone playing a better idiot. =)
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 24, 2003 5:33:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates