• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 38
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6705 times and has 37 replies Next Thread
Cleaver
Captain

Complicated Crew Permissions Reply to this Post

Garf's incredibly complicated system isn't viable right now, although such complexity would be nice. There's just too much else to do.

The three Officer ranks thing would be easier.

Re: PvP in error or desperation, I don't think so. Perhaps if Brigands were plentiful people would be less inclined, but my overwhelming impression (not least by speaking to the captains of each ship I fight) is that it's for good clean fun and challenge. I certainly enjoy it a lot. It just needs to pay out. Anyway, another thread.
[Jul 25, 2003 6:19:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Re: (Nervous) System overload! Reply to this Post

Penndalla wrote: 
Arr, how come I don't get attacked more often?

We had a fine battle just yesterday mate, yer academy and my ship of new arrivals. The first fight was good and a close one, and nice experience for the newcomers too. Sure the booty was very poor but they don't much care as long as they see some action ;) Then ye attacked us right back, but fled right before we were about to melee arr!
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jul 25, 2003 6:23:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Penndalla

Oops, I live in my own little world. I said they should be able to promote to the rank just under them. That would leave with just promoting to pirate. Actually, that suggestion was due to use using titles to create additional ranks. For now, I would be satisfied with First Mates being able to promote folks to Pirate and Officer. For my particular crew, it would help if they could assign just the titles of Gunner and Quatermaster... Hrm.
Pennsuedo

My art: http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all
[Jul 25, 2003 6:26:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y245/Pennsuedo/?start=all [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Even just being able to promote to pirate would help though....just now I can only change someone to pirate if they're in the Challengers!
[Jul 25, 2003 6:38:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

Cleaver wrote: 
Penndalla wrote: 
Aye, I have seen this as part of more involved suggested schemes, but I would like to be able to delegate the responsibility of handing out promotions to a few trusted mates. I would want them to be able to promote up to the rank jest under them.

Oooh. I was under the mistaken impression that they could. That's booched. It's on the list.

Well, I think in an Oligarchy or Democracy, they can propose it. However, I think many of us have found that autocracy is the most workable form of government (or is it just me that has trouble lettin' go? *grin*), in which case everythin' but signin' people up falls to the Captain.
[Jul 25, 2003 6:39:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
garf

we had to retreat the second time because of the heavy damage we took, silverbeard. our bilge was full and damage like half full, if i recall correctly. we were a sitting duck fer yer shots.

'twas a fun battle, though, indeed!
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 25, 2003 7:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

garf wrote: 
we had to retreat the second time because of the heavy damage we took, silverbeard. our bilge was full and damage like half full, if i recall correctly. we were a sitting duck fer yer shots.

'twas a fun battle, though, indeed!

Aye, we were talking already though so just send a tell. But otherwise it'd be great with similar fights, and we can just leave the cannons out. It doesn't pay off much but atleast there's some good experience to be earned in there, and the new guys seem to be fine with no profit now and then, while older players expect some booty ;).
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jul 25, 2003 7:55:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

I'd just like to ask Cleaver or Bronchitis if they subsidised Bronchitis's (possibly) ill-advised* run against us in the big ship last night? I'd hate to think that he lost Rum that he paid for against us...

*- [size=9]That was great fun, though! Anytime ye want to give our Officers in Training some more sea battle experience is fine by me! Also, I kinda goaded him into it. We couldn't find anything to fight!
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 25, 2003 10:18:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 38   Pages: 2   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates