• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 824 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
da_ripper

Chat shortcuts stored server side and downloaded upon login Reply to this Post

Well I made my chat shortcuts customized, and I had fun with them. Now today my wireless internet isn't working, so I am on the upstairs PC with the internet connected by wire. So I went on Y!PP, and went to add some more shortcuts, to only see that they are all the default kind.

So my proposal is for the chat shortcuts to be "saved" to the account. Like your stats, and clothes and such. Everytime you switch PCs, your account isn't restarted. Same concept.

If Faulkston can change the title into something more specific, it would be appreciated <3.

~Thanks!
----------------------------------------

Game over. Winner: Expel.
Antix says, "Expel just pikachu'd the charizard out of him"
Antix says, "Nice one"
Expel says, "Super effective"

Chimeravirus of Viridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Mar 12, 2008 5:55:41 PM]
[Mar 12, 2008 12:50:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Intspalov

Re: Chat Shortcuts Reply to this Post

Its known that each individual pirate has their own mute list stored server side, but with the new shortcuts it seems the data is also stored locally. The problem with this is that not each pirate gets their own 12 shortcuts, and all alts logged in share the same list of function-key shortcuts.

If each pirate can have their own mute list, can each pirate then have their own shortcuts?

Note: Beware when testing this out with alt accounts, as once your alt uses F1-F12 then your main will have it disabled until you go to Options and "agree" to the new settings by simply pressing close. And yes, I /bug it.

Also, I made this post in this thread
~ Wafer (Sage)
[Mar 12, 2008 5:15:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Inschato

I also had a few extra proposals for these Chat Shortcuts, since they have much more potential.

First, we should be able to do Shift + F-key or some similiar keycode to assign whatever is currently in the chat box to that F-key. That way we can change them on the fly, for whatever our current needs.

Second, although this is a little more tricky, there could be variables, such as %jobber or %tell which would say, get automatically replaced with the last person you jobbed, or got a tell from, respectively. These would probably be a godsend to J/Cs, and would have many other uses too, obviously there are more options than just those two.
-Undisputed Overlord of the Emerald Ocean
[Mar 12, 2008 5:22:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lesleywalker

we should be able to do Shift + F-key or some similiar keycode to assign whatever is currently in the chat box to that F-key. That way we can change them on the fly, for whatever our current needs.

I agree, that would be rather useful. There are times when you want to type in "/vwho unspellable biglongfishname" every 5 mins (for instance when you're waiting for someone to get out of battle before bothering them with tells) and that gets old really quickly.
Rumbletum - FO, Crimson Sabers, Colbalt
Cheery - Alchemist, Ankh-Morpork City Watch, Cobalt
Jinxed Idol links
[Mar 12, 2008 10:19:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates