• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 768 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Rengor

Selling used clothes in Tailors Reply to this Post

Buying clothes for the rack in my tailor shop is quite a bit of tedious work.
I have to get people to trade me the clothes, then I have to get a quote on every single piece, add it up and then figure what I can probably sell it for and offer a little less than that so there's room for profit. Then give the seller the money and then one by one add it to the rack.

Any chance we could make it so that sellers can put items on the rack themselves. Their price is then taken from the production cost minus whatever profit percentage I as a shopkeeper want to get. In addition I should be able to specify that I only want X amounts of each type of clothing at a time.

I know consignment stores are coming too, I just thought this would be a pretty easy way to do it in the meantime, and save me a heck of alot of tedious work.
----------------------------------------
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jul 23, 2003 6:15:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

buy for less, sell for less Reply to this Post

I tend to buy and sell used clothing for less than it would cost to order it. I buy for less because I don't know for sure that anyone will ever buy it, while I know the cloth I buy is likely to get used eventually. I sell for less because I bought for less. I don't worry about what it would cost to make the item, since I didn't HAVE to make it. So, for example, I simply pay 100 for all used boots and sell them at 200, regardless of color (except black, which is still a special case due to the extreme demand and rarity).

I generally have people trade me everything they want to get rid of and give them a lump sum in return (some haggling may occur at this point). This is quicker than pricing each item (as I used to do). I load 'em on the rack the same way, with a fixed price for each type of item, ignoring color other than black.

Ye can get some great deals this way.
[Jul 23, 2003 6:28:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Re: Selling used clothes in Tailors Reply to this Post

muffy wrote: 
Ye can get some great deals this way.

I attest to this.

I've been meaning to ask you about another one; if you happen to notice me ingame please say hi since I'm bad at seeing when people are online.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 23, 2003 6:34:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates