• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 11
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2609 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Lime Day - Story-telling contest! Deadline March 16, 2008

Logo by Sandiibottom

This Lime Day, I am happy to give those forum-going-artsy-wordy-types a fun event just for them! This event encourages pirates to be quick to tell a great, heartwarming tale of Lime Day.

The Rules:
*Story must be no more than 500 words.
*It can either be fact or fiction.
*Each entry must be signed with your pirate's name on Cobalt.
*Your entry cannot include any color words aside from lime (ex: You can't have a story with this red, blue, brown, black and orange sentence.)
*Entries must be placed in the entry thread and no post or edit dates beyond March 15, 2008 11:59:59 PM.

The Prizes:
1st place - A sleeping piglet furniture item, along with all the limes he can eat!*
2nd place - A pet pig, along with all the limes he can eat!*
3rd place - A lime pie... I know, it's no pig, but you can always display it proudly for the whole ocean to see!
Honorable mentions are possible and will recieve prizes according to the discression of Stevensam.

* the term "all the limes he can eat!" is a number later to be determined by me.

----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Mar 6, 2008 12:02:40 AM]
[Mar 6, 2008 12:00:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

Re: Lime Day - Story-telling contest! Deadline March 16, 2008

I'm sensing (through his prizes and raffles) that Stephensam might be a pig-loving pirate who misses a certain bevy of pigs...
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Mar 6, 2008 1:03:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Saltyjane5

YAYS for writing events!

/e scurries off to think about a winning story.
Stupidhead said:
Why is it that I enjoy 2 monkeys hitting each other over the head so much?

Some people hang around with fat people to make themselves look skinnier...me?
I hang with the Slow Kids! You do the deducing. = )
[Mar 6, 2008 5:10:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiamma23

Yeah! I cannot wait to see who wins! I too am a pig-loving pirate and think there is no finer prize than the gift of Pork! Keep the contests coming and thank ye for holding this one! Perhaps next month a Lime Day Limmerick?
Sultana of the Cobalt Seas
LimelyLady of the Cobalt Seas
Sultana of the Malachite Seas
Miztress of Sage
[Mar 14, 2008 4:04:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Yeah! I cannot wait to see who wins! I too am a pig-loving pirate and think there is no finer prize than the gift of Pork! Keep the contests coming and thank ye for holding this one! Perhaps next month a Lime Day Limmerick?

A Lime -rick contest might be a good idea, after all, being able to adjust letters to make it sound more limey is always fun. Check the forums closer to April 16th!

Edit: And don't forget, the entry thread is closing at 11:59:59PM pirate time tonight! Any edits or posts in the thread after that time will be disqualified!
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Mar 15, 2008 3:01:59 PM]
[Mar 15, 2008 3:00:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
tryn2behave

Congrats to whomever won this contest. I don't see a formal announcement. All the stories were great!!!
Various pirates on all English-speaking oceans.

Love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who don't. Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it! ~~ Dwan
[Mar 19, 2008 11:17:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tryn2behave2 [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

And our winners have been determined!

With the help of my secret Lime Day judge, we have decided on these pirates as our winners:

1st place - Passionpatti, winning a sleeping piglet
2nd place - Ilya, winning a pet pig
3rd place - Sultana, winning a lime pie

For the rest of the pirates, there were some lovely stories, but some stories broke the rules (more than 500 words, used words for colors other than lime, turned it too late) but overall, it was a fun time! Yes, I do know that Ilya used the word "greenies" in his story, but I'm not going to count that as a color because then I'd have to go through and DQ every entry that had the letters "r - e - d" in them.

Thank you to all who entered this contest, maybe next month there will be more interest!
[Mar 24, 2008 4:49:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Passionpatti

Ty ty ty ty and did I say ty :)

I am on most of the day everyday-- let us know how to collect. Grats to everyone :)

Patti
Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, And between the two my life moves--Nisargadatta Maharaj
----------------------------------------------------
Passionpatti
Slow Children at Play
Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Passionpatti at Mar 24, 2008 6:33:19 PM]
[Mar 24, 2008 6:30:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ilyarus2004

Yay i lub piggies!
Ilya on most of the oceans,
Russian on Midnight.

Hypnos tells ye, "i burn u"

Avatars by Silverransom, Domokun, Shortyjack and Tilinka!
[Mar 24, 2008 10:33:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiamma23

Congrats to all! What a great event, thank ye for having it! Can't wait to see what's on tap for April :) Let me know if ye need help!
Sultana of the Cobalt Seas
LimelyLady of the Cobalt Seas
Sultana of the Malachite Seas
Miztress of Sage
[Mar 25, 2008 6:48:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cochick1

Congrats to the winners

I think I might have been disqualified as I misunderstood the rules. I thought we could use lime and associated green shades but no other colours :(

Oh well it was a fun comp - thanks for running it :)
Ellia
Beyond the Sea
What Lies Beyond

Cobalt Ocean
[Mar 26, 2008 1:56:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates