• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 25
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1936 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
Stoneman

Great Game! Reply to this Post

Just had to say it. Thank you who have made this incredible game!! I have never seen such a perfect game before. The only thing that i seems to think is a little boring is the job-puzzles.. Except from that.. GREAT job!
----------------------------------------
-=Stoneman, Officer of Black Death=-
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 23, 2003 2:09:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

Re: Great Game! Reply to this Post

Ooh! One more thing. Will this game be p2p when it comes out of beta? If not will there be a way to donate to get something special or something like that???? Just want to know.... Wan`t to support this cool game..l
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 23, 2003 2:11:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

it's gonna be p2p, and hopefully none of that 'pay more, get better stuff that you haven't earned' crap that some games and players seem to thrive on :)
[Jul 23, 2003 5:39:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

heh.. p2p is nice to mee. As long as it`isn`t too much money..... :D
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 23, 2003 5:52:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
Weaver

Stoneman wrote: 
Just had to say it. Thank you who have made this incredible game!

Arr, I second that.

It's a damn fine thing to have more quality games for Linux, what with me being a hearty of the penguin stripe.
Weaver - First Mate of Orange Revolution, Prince of Crimson Tide
Sword Patterns
[Jul 23, 2003 9:46:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://weaver.merold.net/pirates/swordcolours.php?sword=All [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

yeah, p2p is good, keeps things running, but theres some games which give you bonuses if you donate money, and that's what i hate, because as opposed to a neccessary fee to play, it's people paying money to get ingame bonuses which they haven't earned in a game sense.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

yeyy.. Let`s hope this will be a extremely popular game then.. :D
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 23, 2003 7:23:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
garf

i would want to separate "pay for extra features" into two things.

i could cope with some special "extra" without any functionality that are available to generous donators (like a special hat or similar), but having things like "buy a cleaver fer 10$" would seriously pi.. err annoy me.
- Randal

[size=9]also Garf, Silvain and a few others
[Jul 23, 2003 11:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    garf+on+aim [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

even something that small annoys me. a 'generous donater' tag in the player info that noone has to have shoved in their face is fine, but if they constantly wear their generous donator hat then it's annoying really, even more for the new players every day who would be asking 'how do I get that hat? I MUST HAVE IT! kthxbye' all the time.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:01:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

I really, really, really hope there are no extra features to pay for.

They've never remotely suggested that there would be such a thing, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything. There are no "buffs" to buy in game, so I would hope there are not external ones. The most expensive sword is probably not the best sword for most people anyway.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:44:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
shockedfrog

yeah, this really just stemmed from a dislike of other games with that sort of thing. considering it's a subscription based game, I don't think there will be extra fees or multiple levels of membership or anything like that to worry about.
[Jul 24, 2003 12:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

Let`s hope there will be only p2p... That`s the normal... :D... Anyway. It will probably be a great game..,.
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 24, 2003 3:33:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Pay for extra bits Reply to this Post

We have thought about the pay for extra bits model -- or rather, pay to accelerate your gameplay (e.g. buy a ship for $). But we're not doing it in the forseeable future, and if we were to do it (there are reasons to consider it; it might support a game where everyone could play for free or a very low subscription fee) then it would be different servers. Such a game would probably also have a different name, as it would be substantially different from YPP subscription.

So, straight up free trial (probably n sessions, where n varies based on demand) and subscription.
[Jul 24, 2003 4:17:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

Great Cleaver. I like only subscription. But do you have a estimate on how much it will cost each month????
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 24, 2003 6:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

This is probably the best answer you'll get for a while.
[Jul 24, 2003 6:40:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

Okay!!
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 25, 2003 2:07:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Umm . . . you did notice that Ely's post was a link, and not just colored text, right? Your answer suggests you didn't.
[Jul 25, 2003 2:44:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

I did get it.. I just said okay.. I didn`t think there was much else to say....
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 25, 2003 5:36:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
jfjnpxmy

I hope that this game goes pay-to-play and becomes very successful and all the devs retire to a big house made of money. ON THE MOON!
[Jul 25, 2003 7:35:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jfjnpxmy [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

jfjnpxmy wrote: 
I hope that this game goes pay-to-play and becomes very successful and all the devs retire to a big house made of money. ON THE MOON!

Umm me too, but do we have to go to the Moon? Uh, I know I've been wearing this black jacket for a long time... but do I really smell that bad? Personally I always fancied a nice farm in the hills, you know, a few fields, a little orchard, maybe a pig or two and some sheep...
[Jul 25, 2003 9:32:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
jfjnpxmy

Cleaver wrote: 
Personally I always fancied a nice farm in the hills, you know, a few fields, a little orchard, maybe a pig or two and some sheep...

You can have a nice farm in the hills.

The hills of THE MOON!
[Jul 25, 2003 9:39:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jfjnpxmy [Link]  Go to top 
Ely

Really, a farmer? I had you figured for buying a nice home in Marin, somewhere along Sir Francis Drake Blvd., and planting a mast complete with billowing sail in the front lawn.
[Jul 25, 2003 9:46:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Ely114 [Link]  Go to top 
Rengor

Cleaver wrote: 
Umm me too, but do we have to go to the Moon?

yes
-= SilverBeard of The Mad Mutineers =-
--=== www.madmutineers.com ===--
[Jul 25, 2003 10:08:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

I actually sing this song in the real world. Reply to this Post

Rengor wrote: 
Cleaver wrote: 
Umm me too, but do we have to go to the Moon?

yes

because, uh...We Like Tha Moon.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Jul 25, 2003 10:22:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stoneman

Hehe.. This evolves into a really sick post.. I think the man should get his farm.... As long as he has a piratey ship in it..
-=Feared now and then=-
[Jul 26, 2003 2:07:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://tt.bulie.com    ehaanaes    Ehaanaes [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates