• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4843 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
heathens

the pirates we've met Reply to this Post

We've met so many different and wonderful people while playing this game over the last 4 years. We've gotten gifts, letters, and cards from all over the world. We've sent gifts, letters, and cards all over the world. We've spoken to people from places that we barely knew existed before getting involved with this game. This last week, one of those people helped protect one of our greatest treasures. Our oldest son doesn't actively play the game but knows some of the people we've met. He recently transferred to his first duty station with the U.S. Navy (Yes, he's a real life sailor :)) and upon landing in the airport half a country away, realized that he was stranded there as the base didn't have a duty driver at the time. We contacted one of our Y!PP mates and without hesitation, she loaded her kids into her car and made the hour long drive to the airport to pick up a person she'd never met. Once she had him with her, she informed him that since it was so late in the evening, he wasn't going straight to the base, but was staying with her family that evening...no arguments accepted. The next morning, she and her daughters drove him to the base and waited with him until he'd been picked up by a driver so he wouldn't be stranded on a huge military base alone. She never hesitated, never wavered, and took care of our son as if he were her own. We've "met" so many wonderful people through this silly pirate game and now have another reason to be thankful for Three Rings. Our son would've been stranded alone in an unfamiliar city for the night if we hadn't met her through this game. Thanks Puzzle Pirates. The Rixxes...Arrrrr
[Mar 3, 2008 12:05:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiM99

Re: the pirates we've met Reply to this Post

:D
----------------------------------------
Simm
Wyvern's Pride
Broadsiders
Midnight
M11... oh, hang on - no postcode.
Sorry, thought I was in reality for a minute there!
[Mar 6, 2008 6:21:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pigmuffin

lol wow.
[Mar 7, 2008 4:03:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

EvilDylan says: He should have been in the air force! They drop their people off at the right place.

GooderDylan says: Aye, nice, isn't it :)
[Mar 7, 2008 4:33:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

This post gave me a huge bout of the warm fuzzies. Thank you for sharing!
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Mar 7, 2008 5:29:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

Gotta be the coolest thing I've read all week.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[Mar 13, 2008 12:01:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates