• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 27
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4230 times and has 26 replies Next Thread
Stephensam

Lime Day Fundraising Raffle. Win a sleeping animal! (Drawing March 16, 2008)

Logo by Sandiibottom

In order to help spread the limey spirit of Lime Day around the ocean, I will be holding a charity raffle! All poe raised from the raffle will go into Lime Day tournaments for the ocean! For this raffle, there will be 100 tickets for sale. Each ticket will cost 3,000 PoE.

How to enter: There will be 100 units of hemp made available at Jalan’s Distilling stall on Lima Island. Each unit will cost 3000 poe. To enter, simply purchase any amount from this stall that you want. Each unit of hemp purchased counts as 1 "raffle ticket." The name that shows up on the building records is the name that is entered in the raffle. Numbers will be assigned as you purchase your hemp (ex: Pirate A buys the first 5 units of hemp, so the numbers 00, 01, 02, 03, and 04 are all Pirate A's.) In order to be fair to those that don't have a ship or stall on Lima right now, I will only be putting up 50 units of hemp for the first few days. The remaining 50 units of hemp will be sold starting on March 6, 2008.

How the number will be drawn: I will use the public results of the Daily 3 (Evening), which is part of the California State Lottery (numbers can be found here: http://www.calottery.com/WinningNumbers/) The first 2 digits of the Daily 3 (Evening) will be the winning number.

When the number will be drawn: The numbers will be taken from the drawing on March 16, 2008. Remember, the first 2 digits of the Evening Daily 3!

Prizes:
The winning number drawn will get their choice of one of the following:
-Sleeping piglet furniture item
-Sleeping tortoise furniture item
-Sleeping pig furniture item

In addition to these prizes, there will also be prizes given out for different things:
First, to the pirate that purchases the most tickets and doesn’t win the top prize, they will win a lovely lime/lime blackjack! (In the event of a tie, the pirate who was closest to the winning number will win.)
Next, to the pirate that purchases the last unit of hemp, they will win a lovely new lime stein!
Finally, to the pirate that was 1 number below the winning number, they will win a brand new lime horn drinking mug!

And the important disclaimer, but everyone knows that you can trust Stevensam :D

Official disclaimer: Please note that this event, as with any lottery or raffle, is run at the risk of the participants. If there is shown to be cheating or wrongdoing, the culprit will be punished, but no poe will be returned to participants affected. Please only enter if you trust the person or people hosting the event.

----------------------------------------
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Mar 3, 2008 11:09:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

Re: Lime Day Fundraising Raffle. Win a sleeping animal! (Drawing March 16, 2008)

This is awesome. ^_^

(If I can make a suggestion for future raffles, though...any way you could procure 100 units of Limes? :P)
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Mar 3, 2008 3:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IVdripper

Re: Lime Day Fundraising Raffle. Win a sleeping animal! (Drawing March 16, 2008)

I don't think he can sell limes through his stall, but great idea! :)

IV(who purchases a few scrolls to roll the hemp)

IVdripper/IVdripperone

"They sicken of the calm who know the storm."
-- Dorothy Parker
[Mar 3, 2008 4:31:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    On the porch, with my friends, drinking brandy,    watching the sea, and talking 'bout the good ol' days. [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Just a note for those curious, I will start the list of pirates and what number(s) they have once I have sold the first 50 units of hemp, since I hear you can't edit posts 3 days after you make them.
Stevensam -Cobalt Native, founder and host of The PoE is Right. Creator of Lime Day.
[Mar 3, 2008 5:36:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

All you need to sell limes is a friendly Governor or furniture stall/shoppe owner...
Fredtheelf
longtime Governor of Kirin, Cobalt
Proud member of Bad Sushi
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Mar 3, 2008 5:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

All you need to sell limes is a friendly Governor or furniture stall/shoppe owner...

Thus was my dilema. I could have used my palace on Garden Cradle for the limes, but I figured that GC is quite a ways away from the majority of the piratey population. I figured I'd use Lima because it is in the most populous arch and because it's close to a lot of populated islands.
[Mar 3, 2008 7:57:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

Well, I just bought the last 9 tickets for today. I can't resist a chance for sleeping pigs...

And I agree, Lima is probably a better choice, more accessible...
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

Allow me three more letters and I could have that Fredtheplatypus alt I've always wanted...
[Mar 3, 2008 8:25:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Numbers for the first 50 units of hemp sold:

00 Guppygurl
01 - 20 Freak
21 Fireangel
22 Bloodworthy
23 & 24 Ivdripper
25 - 34 Livngdedgirl
35 Guppygurl
36 - 40 Cybrpyro
41 - 49 Fredtheelf

The remaining 50 units of hemp will go on sale on March 6, 2008.

[Mar 3, 2008 10:17:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

Woot! I'm gonna try to get me a few units of Hemp. Can't resist the chance on winning a sleeping Turtoise. They're so cute!!!

And so are the others lol
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Mar 4, 2008 2:18:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

I think people know I'm not going for the sleeping tortoise :D
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

[Mar 4, 2008 6:57:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Ah yes Fred, but which pig do you want?
[Mar 4, 2008 1:55:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

I'm still debating that one :D
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

[Mar 4, 2008 4:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

Meh!! dont assume Fred is gonna win yet!!
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Mar 4, 2008 5:01:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

He's not, I have less than 10% of the tickets, he's just inquiring on which I would ask for if I did win :D
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

[Mar 4, 2008 7:27:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bkny612

He's not, I have less than 10% of the tickets, he's just inquiring on which I would ask for if I did win :D

Heh I know...the only reason I am not buying all 100 tickets is cuz I wouldn't spend 300k on a sleeping animal.

And I am fully aware of the possibility of not winning even if I bought 90% of the tickets.
Kill your brother, you'll feel better-----Edgar Frogg (The Lost Boys)

Freak
Captain of Freakshow(a non-crew)
King of Carnival Of Oddities(a non-flag)
[Mar 4, 2008 7:34:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Heh I know...the only reason I am not buying all 100 tickets is cuz I wouldn't spend 300k on a sleeping animal.

And I am fully aware of the possibility of not winning even if I bought 90% of the tickets.

Yes, but if you buy 90% of the tickets and don't win, you get that lovely lime/lime blackjack! Technically, if you buy more than 50% of the tickets, you are garunteed to win at least a blackjack.

Blackjack > 150K
/me nods.
[Mar 4, 2008 8:00:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Jodiee5

Can't wait till March 6!
-:|:- Jodiee -:|:-
|= Bad Sushi =|= Valor =| (Cobalt)
|= Pineapples =|= Charon Feather =| (Malachite)
| = THINK PINK = |
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jodiee5 at Mar 5, 2008 12:35:24 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 12:33:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jodiee [Link]  Go to top 
anchorking

Can't wait till March 6!

You mean tomorrow?
Axetheman, Can be found lurking around the Meridian ocean

Blobbles says, "Soooo....we need to be mean drunken Aussie jerks to get muted?"

[Mar 5, 2008 3:10:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jodiee5

Can't wait till March 6!

You mean tomorrow?

Uhhh, yes..... you can clearly see that I lose track of the date easily.
| = THINK PINK = |
[Mar 5, 2008 10:38:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jodiee [Link]  Go to top 
Jodiee5

Yarrr! Purchased hemp!
| = THINK PINK = |
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jodiee5 at Mar 6, 2008 5:18:26 AM]
[Mar 6, 2008 5:00:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Jodiee [Link]  Go to top 
dcyborg

can you bold your lime print. =) I have eye issues!
Dcyborg on Cerulean, Jade, Opal.. etc etc
[Mar 6, 2008 10:25:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    dorothycyborg [Link]  Go to top 
Mizzymozzy

How would ye optain a sleeping animal in the firstly places?
I would want a goose known as *Gusses* in me language...but i dont think they'd have gusses.
:D))
*Mixxi* Cobalt Ocean.

Logic takes no place here...
[Mar 6, 2008 11:47:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

Okay, all 100 units of hemp have been sold, which means it's just time to wait for the March 16th drawing. The numbers each pirate has are as follows:

00 Guppygurl
01 - 20 Freak
21 Fireangel
22 Bloodworthy
23 & 24 Ivdripper
25 - 34 Livngdedgirl
35 Guppygurl
36 - 40 Cybrpyro
41-49 Fredtheelf
50 Badbetty
51 Limeysmum
52 - 55 Santhiago
56 Limeysmum
57 - 66 Scrapper
67 Jodiee
68 Korg
69 - 73 Bloodworthy
74 & 75 Biscuithead
76 - 79 Bibity
80 - 99 Boggybloo

Which means both Boggybloo and Freak both have 20 tickets each. If one of them wins the grand prize, the other will get the blackjack. If neither win the grand prize, it will go to the tie-breaker for the blackjack.
[Mar 7, 2008 12:12:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

And the winning number has been drawn! The winner is the pirate holding the number 43, which is Fredtheelf!

In addition, Fred also won the lovely horn drinking mug.
Boggybloo wins the stein.
Freak wins the blackjack, via tie-breaker.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stephensam at Mar 16, 2008 9:36:45 PM]
[Mar 16, 2008 9:34:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

I have decided on the sleeping piglet...
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

[Mar 16, 2008 10:21:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stephensam

What a shocker! I wanna see it get taught how to nav though.
[Mar 16, 2008 11:15:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Stevensam [Link]  Go to top 
fredtheelf

What a shocker! I wanna see it get taught how to nav though.

Can you wake it up for me? If so I can work on that...

Oh for a mobile piglet :D
Fredtheelf
Flag of Valor
Owner of many pigs

[Mar 17, 2008 12:45:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates