• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 43
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10229 times and has 42 replies Next Thread
Shandra

Entry Thread (The Case of the Missing Slippers) Reply to this Post

The Event thread can be found here

This thread is for entries only, please direct all questions and comments to the event thread linked above.
----------------------------------------
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Feb 25, 2008 2:30:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ubahman

Re: Entry Thread (The Case of the Missing Slippers) Reply to this Post

Hypnos raged about in a fit of anger. His dearest friends Bunnie and Rabbie were gone. He couldn't even imagine what kind of diabolical fiend would ever do such a thing. He looked at his wonderful chest of sleeping potions and saw that the contents were disturbed. Suddenly, Hypnos realized how his slippies were stolen. Hypnos replayed the whole scene in his imagination, the thief walked into his room. He or she took the sleeping potion and forced Hypnos to drink it while he was still half-asleep. The thief then stole the slippies and ran off into the night. "Neptune's curse on these sleeping potions!" Hypnos screamed as he threw them one by one at the wall. The sleeping potions shattered against the wall and their contents dripped down towards the cheap carpet. He wandered around the room until he got to the lock of Artemis' hair that he had placed. "Artemis," he moaned through tears, "how can I find out who did this?" After saying this he suddenly thought of something that was pure genius.

"Alright greenies, who took my slippies. I want to know and I want to know NOW!" Hypnos /broadcasted. Hypnos then walked barefoot towards his bed feeling a little better than before. He sat down feeling like he just had the greatest idea in the whole wide world and for the first time since his best friends were kidnapped, he smiled.

Two hours and seven hundred and thirty six greenie tells later, he decided that it wasn't such a good idea. "Barnacle," Hypnos swore. Hypnos groaned after reading all of them and with his head in his arms, he reviewed the facts.

One, someone had access to his home without him noticing. He checked his entry policy and discovered that only crew and flag members could come in.

"Aha! It was one of my fellow OMs!"

Two, that person stole his slippies but not the lock of Artemis' hair!

"Who wouldn't steal Artemis' hair? But of course, the only person who would do that is..."

"ARTEMIS!" Hypnos screamed as he knocked on the door of Artemis' villa. Artemis let Hypnos in. "Artemis! I have a few questions for you."

"Excuse me?" Artemis replied.

"I have evidence that proves that you have stolen my slippies!"

"Hypnos listen. You need to sit down and stop asking questions. There are answers you do not want to hear! So my suggestion is just for you to sit down, accept your losses, and keep your mouth SHUT." Artemis yelled at Hypnos as she /planked him out of her house.

Hypnos was finally on the right track. He knew who had stolen the slippies and he knew what location they were in. It was just a matter of finding out how to get it! Feeling like the king of the oceans, he sat down and he devised a plan to get his slippies back. All he needed was an orange and the help of his fellow Ocean Masters.

"Ahoy my brothers and sisters," Hypnos said as he was eating the orange. "You may notice that I called a meeting for every Ocean Master. You may also notice that one of the Ocean Masters isn't here for this meeting. My fellow crewbies, I have reasons to believe that Artemis is... a thief and that she has taken... my best friends."

"You mean..."

"Yes. She has taken my slippies."

"Hypnos we will gladly sacrifice Hermes' life so that you can get those back," Apollo said.

"Yeah!" Hermes cheerfully replied, "Wait what?"

"That wont be necessary but may be in the future. No my plan requires grace, elegance, and subtlety. Now here's my plan and listen carefully!" The gang listened intently and realized the sheer complex genius of Hypnos' plan.

"Artemis!" Yelled Cleaver. "I'm with a few OMs! Can ye enable your flag mates to come in without knocking so you don't get a bunch of spam?"

"Well sure Cleaver!" Replied Artemis.

"Ok Hypnos and Apollo you know the plan. GO!"

Apollo and Hypnos stormed into the house. Hypnos took out a rag soaked in chloroform and put it over Artemis' mouth. "Sweet dreams Artemis!" Hypnos crooned. "Sweet dreams."

Artemis' roommate Apollo then took out Hypnos' slippies from the wardrobe and our hero was reunited with his best friends.

"BUNNIE! RABBIE! Let's never be apart again!" Hypnos yelled joyfully as he was reunited with his best friends while Apollo was just standing there awkwardly.

And that is the story of Hypnos' slippies and to this day he has never left them.

Ubahman on Sage
Ubahman on Sage.
Blingbeard on Hunter.
Forever wanting to do voodoo with an Oceanmaster doll egg.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by ubahman at Feb 26, 2008 5:15:03 AM]
[Feb 25, 2008 4:59:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whissea

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found...

a little red jigsaw puzzle piece lying on the floor beneath the open window.
"Yarrr" he called out in desperation. "I have seen a blue piece of puzzle just like this one before in the hands of my twin brother Thanatos. He got it as a ransom for the release of the most barbaric brigand king alive... I must have been robbed by the foulest scoundrel roaming the ocean, Vargas the Mad! How will I ever get my beloved pink bunny slippers back now!"
Full of grief Hypnos carressed the empty slipper-box and cursed himself in silence for leaving the window open at night. "I should have gotten the insect screen me mom recommended the other day to let the fresh air in and keep the rogues out" he sobbed as a loud knock on the door suddenly woke him from his melancholic selfpity. "The door is open!" he shouted and pulled his robe into an orderly fashion.
His good friend and colleague Eurydice entered with her monkey Cacao. "Hypnos! Why are you crying?" she asked startled. "We were so worried when you didn't show up for work. What is wrong my distressed friend?"
Sniffling he told her about the missing slippers and showed her the piece of puzzle he found as proof of this foul robbery.
"Don't worry Hypnos" she reassured him. "I will get all the Ocean Masters together and hunt Vargas the Mad down like the mad dog he is! We will find him even if he hides under the ocean, behind the sun or beneath the tiniest seashell!"
With red tearfilled eyes Hypnos looked up to Eurydice. "R... r... really? W... w... would you do that for me?" he weakly muttered. "I must say you truly are a good friend but how will you defeat Vargas and get my slippers back from him? After all... he's mad!"
"Don't you worry your little sleepy head over that problem my dear Hypnos. You just get your rest and by the end of the day it'll all seem like a horrible nightmare" she whispered as she persistantly guided him to bed and tucked him in.
One soft kiss on the forehead was all it took for Hypnos to drift off to a far away ocean where his slippers were waiting to caress and warm his cold, cold feet.

A few hours later Eurydice gently woke him up from his peacefull dream and... BEHOLD! There were his precious bunny slippers, just as furry as always! As he reached for them Hypnos couldn't help but burst into tears again and o so lovingly he embraced his beloved pink friends.
At the sight of this heart warming reunion Eurydice and all the other Ocean Masters that were in the room could'nt help but gather a tear as well. "How did you do it?" he asked Eurydice. "And why did Vargas take them?"
With a waving gesture Eurydice told the other Ocean Masters to wait outside and sat down on the side of the bed.
"Actually it is quite a long story" she started. "I won't bother you with the details right now. You just savour this moment and I'll come back to tell you all about it tomorrow. But for now I can tell you that we couldn't have done it without this lovely pirategirl Whissea. Somehow she found out Vargas took your slippers to match his orange reading pipe as he wanted to be dressed fashionable while reading the morning paper. Unfortunatly Vargas is colour-blind and eventually Whissea made him see the error of his way as orange and pink quite clash with each other. Mad as he is he still put up a fight, but the most important thing right now is that you've got your slippers back."
"Wow, this pirategirl must be truely something" Hypnos replied exhausted while cuddling his soft bunny friends with care and affection. "Thank her for me will you. I will reward her later for helping you get back my slipperzzzZZZZZZ...

Written by Whissea from the Viridian Ocean.
[Feb 28, 2008 4:03:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swimer2

Entered by Admire of Hunter.

Exactly 750 words, according to the wordcounter you provided (not including the introduction)

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found .....

,,,a note.

Dearest Cinderella, Sexxigurrl
We'd love for you to come to a royal ball, in the palace, a lovely hall right next to the Palace Shoppe, this Friday night. Supper is at 6 PM, dancing follows until morning.

Signed,
Prince Charming

Hypnos screamed, a pure, high-pitched note. For it was 5:30 PM on Friday. Frozen with fear, Hypnos clutched the letter. People thought he was a Sexxigurrl! Somebody's trying to steal my glory... my bedtime is at 8 PM! he thought, frantically, a sinking feeling in his stomach. The invitation might as well have been a death note. Things like this you couldn't ignore. Then he remembered his fuzzy slippers, and realized... "There is an intruder in my house! There is a pirate! There is a thief!" His stomach plummeted, and forgetting about the letter still clutched in his hand, raced over to the closet and began pelting out piles of junk, old skulls, crumpled up bid tickets, a winter ornament or two. There was nothing useful in defending himself. He turned around to shove all the piled up junk under his bed, as he was too sleepy to clean it up. That's when he saw the shadow. Barely a foot away from him, hiding behind the open closet door. Hypnos approached it cautiously, when he was about an inch from it, he peered through the keyhole and saw an eye. Not just any eye. A red eye. And it was moving. Screaming hoarsely until his voice went from Mickey Mouse with a gas tank to a Barnabas the Pale type chant, he pitched the letter and junk from his arms to any general direction it would go (it fell down, about two inches from where it started) and dived under the covers of his bed as fast as he could. (However, his fumbling and scrambling slowed him down tremendously). When he finally got a good grip on his blanket, he pulled it up high over his head, nearly strangling himself in the rush, cowering in the dark for what seemed like hours; in reality it was minutes, when a sharp voice cut in.

"Quit it punk!"

Hypnos poked his head out. In the middle of the rubble, the culprit was revealed. She had stringy blond hair, oily skin, a bulky figure, a horsey neck, and tiny red eyes hidden in piggy cheeks. She wore a mismatched outfit- a gold puffy skirt with rainbow sequins tacked all over it, and a green leather jacket that needed a good washing.

Hypnos meant to say, "Who are you", but all that came out was, "What are you?" The girl glared at him. "I'm Sexxigurrl, dork! I was going to the ball so that greenie Prince Charming would fall in love with my beauty and dance with me and marry me so I could become a princess!"

Hypnos stared. "Well what have you done with my slippers! And why are you here, the ball starts in less than an hour!"
The girl retorted, "Well that's just it! I forgot my invitation! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you scaring me with your snoring and making me drop it! And as for your slippers, how else am I going to get Prince Charming to find me if I don't drop a shoe! But now it's all YOUR fault. My gown is ruined, and your freaky looking ornament ripped the letter!"

The girl kicked off her shoes in disgust. "Here. Take your flipping things."
Hypnos leapt forward in joy, but then fell back. "My slippers were pink. These are brown... and muddy... and... and... torn!"
"Oh, well I'm so sorry. Wrong shoes. I can't stand bunnies! How is royalty going to fall in love with a pink bunny lover? I switched, I found better use for them. I suppose you can have them now that my wedding is delayed, anyways!"
She pulled out a pair of pink fluffy bunny slippers from inside her jacket, dangling them between fingertips. Flinging them at Hypnos, she fled.

Hypnos caught them in a daze.
"Mine! Mine!" he trembled with joy and resolution of victory. Tears began pouring down his face, as he whispered huskily "Never again shall we be parted."

And as our story ends, Hypnos might be found pinning up a sheet of paper to his bedroom wall:

I shall wear the holy slippers always and treat it with the most utmost care and respect, and I vow to worship it always to ease me until I am relieved by sleep, which then it shall be returned to the sacred slipper box.

Signed, Hypnos.

Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Feb 29, 2008 4:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ezmerelda_M

The Case of the Missing Slippers

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found some other things were also missing; a chart, lump of coal trinket, and sleeping cap! Hypnos was devastated.

He prepared to investigate; thinking the best place to start would be Xian Rock, since that was where the chart had led. He went to Lima dock, but found his ship gone! Hypnos joined a chat circle, hoping someone had heard something about his missing belongings.

"Ahoy! Has anyone seen some slippers?" Hypnos asked.

"You give poez?", one of the pirates replied.

Another pirate, named Boris, stated, "Boris licks".

Hypnos gazed at them, perplexed. All seemed lost, until he remembered navy boats visited Xian Rock. Clicking the mission board, Hypnos found a ship headed there. Feeling that some bilging might distract him from his plight, Hypnos stationed. Before long, a puffer fish appeared in the bilge.

"Are you Hyno?", it asked.

"No, I'm Hypnos. Have ye seen me slippers?" Hypnos inquired.

The fish looked satisfied, exclaiming, "Hypnos, that's it! Someone left a note for you near the helm".

Hypnos thanked the fish, and went to read the note. It was weighted down by his coal lump, and read:

"Help! I'm captive on Xian Rock. I know ye'll save me. Ahhh! Hermes".

Hypnos was shocked. How had Hermes gotten his coal? Who had taken his things (and Hermes), and why? As the ship ported at Xian Rock, Hypnos disembarked and looked around. He saw plants, rocks, a strange column, and a pig named Porky Brady; no Hermes, ship, chart, or slippers.

Hypnos headed toward the column. As he approached, something caught his eye. There, atop the column sat his sleeping cap! Hypnos was overjoyed, but how would he retrieve it? If only he had his slippers, with their grippy soles - then he could climb up and get his hat. While contemplating this, Hypnos noticed a trap door in the sand.

"Strange..." Hypnos thought, and crept over to open it.

Hypnos peered down and saw Hermes, trapped there by his captor! Hypnos helped Hermes scramble out. Spying something beyond the pillar, Hermes began fearfully quivering.

"That's him!", he gasped.

Hypnos was confused. He couldn't see anyone.

"What do ye mean?", he asked.

Hermes trembled and pointed at the object of his terror.

"P-p-p-o-o-r-r-k-y B-brady!", he stammered.

Porky Brady said "Oink".

Hypnos was shocked. He glared at Porky, shouting, "Avast, ye horrible porcine! WHERE'S ME SLIPPERS?!"

Porky shifted on his trotters guiltily. Hypnos stepped back in horror as he noticed the pig was WEARING them! Porky removed them, picked them up in his mouth, and brought them to the traumatised ocean masters.

"Sorry", Porky said, "I didn't mean it; I've compulsions to steal. That's why I was placed on this island. The pillar and I are here because we don't fit within the puzzle pirates' universe, and are considered 'too evil' to habit other lands".

Sensing the ocean masters' shock, Porky continued.

"I built a raft, floated to Lima Island, and discovered your ship. I felt I must meet the owner of such a vessel. Finding you sleeping, I thought it rude to disturb you, so I had a poke around your home instead. I liked some items, and thought you wouldn't miss them; after all, the cap was hidden in a wardrobe, the slippers in a box, and the chart under your bed".

"And the coal?", Hypnos inquired.

"Er, that was me", Hermes confessed. "I needed a trinket to display. I only borrowed it. I was returning it when I saw Porky stealing from ye. He grabbed me with his hooves of steel".

"Trotters of iron, actually", Porky corrected. "I nabbed your items and kidnapped Hermes so he couldn't go pig-squealing to anyone about what I'd done. I'm sorry... Oh, and your hat got caught in the wind... sorry about that too... pigs can't climb - trotters and all".

Hypnos examined the slippers. They seemed to have survived their ordeal. Popping them on, Hypnos smiled. Tears of joy filled his eyes. He was complete again!

After spending several minutes enjoying his slippers, Hypnos headed to the pillar to retrieve his cap. The slippers' grippy soles let him climb easily to retrieve it. He placed it on his head with a satisfied sigh.

Porky returned Hypnos' ship and chart so the ocean masters could sail to Lima. Once home, Hypnos went for a nap. Climbing into bed, he didn't place his slippers into their box, but tucked them into bed beside himself.

"Arr slippers", he thought, "what would I do without ye?"

By Adrielle of Viridian
Adrielle (retired) / @AmazinAdrielle on Twitter
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Ezmerelda_M at Feb 29, 2008 9:58:14 PM]
[Feb 29, 2008 8:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://amazingadrielle.webs.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shikyo

To be honest, I'm doing it for the promise of slippers. Reply to this Post

...crumbs. To be more precise, cookie crumbs, and to be even more precise they were clearly of the dark chocolate chip kind which Hypnos had baked last night. Granted, they were slightly stale and mostly eaten, but even the fragments gave off the very faint odor which the god of sleep and pirates as a whole had learned to associate with pure, unadulterated yum.

Which would be more enjoyable if Hypnos had either said cookies or his slippers. At the very least the latter. Preferably both. As it stood, it made Hypnos very, very angry. Vaguely envious. (And hungry.)

But they had another purpose. The delicious scraps of dead cookie (so delicious that pirates paid thousands just to own a batch of Hypnos' baking) served as a trail. The crumbs led eastward: brandishing a large pillow and an increasingly disgruntled mood, Hypnos followed it.

It was a very short trail.

"Oh, hey," said Hermes cheerfully, cookies in hand (and mouth). Said Hermes was lounging on his blue-and-white striped deck chair, overlooking the latest blockade with a tankard of rum in hand and a wide grin. His feet were propped on the railing, adorned with the bunny slippers.

Hypnos couldn't tear his eyes away from Hermes? feet.

"I was watching the 'cade and my feet got cold, so I borrowed your slippers. I hope you don't mind!"

Hypnos did mind and proved it with a quick fight and a firm pillow to the offending Hermes' head. After which he walked, nay, skipped towards the kitchen, world restored, slippers on feet, to brew some coffee and prepare for the day.

Hermes couldn't blame Hypnos for the violence at all. The slippers were really comfortable.
Cassis, Sage
Evil Mastermind

A quick wit's best accompanied by quick reflexes.
Save Scrappeh!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Shikyo at Mar 3, 2008 10:52:59 PM]
[Mar 3, 2008 10:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
firechic0

Re: To be honest, I'm doing it for the promise of slippers. Reply to this Post

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found .....

... a dark, inky trail on the floor leading out the window. There could only be one person who that ooky looking trail could belong to - Cephalopod!

Hypnos figured it wouldn't be too hard to track down the slimy thief and rummaged around for his old pair of pony slippers that he had been given by Demeter some years ago. After finally salvaging them from the claws of his pet Karkinos he slid them onto his feet and began to tear up as he missed the satiny feel of his comfy bunnies. That same moment of heartache also gave him a renewed sense of anger that his fellow OM would stoop so low as to snarf his most treasured item besides his blankie. With this renewed anger he stormed off and followed the trail of inky slime out the window and down the mountain.

Finally, Hypnos arrived at the edge of the sea and bellowed to Ceph to return his bunnies to him but there was no answer! Hypnos then realized that in his haste he hadn't noticed that this was the trail that Ceph had left on his way UP to see Hypnos! Breaking into a run back up the mountain, Hypnos realized that he was losing precious time retracing his steps and looked frantically for the trail that Ceph left when leaving his cloud-house.

He found it!

And, it led farther UP the mountain!

Now, following the new trail Hypnos found himself coming to the highest point of the mountain where the majority of the other gods resided. This left poor Hypnos in a dither! It seemed that Ceph had travelled here and there and everywhere around the main entrance to the Palace of the Gods!

Not knowing where to follow now, poor Hypnos decided to ask Uncle Apollo for help and headed towards his chambers with his head down and tears in his eyes. He never noticed that the halls were completely empty and silent which was extremely odd.

As he approached the door to Uncle Apollo's chambers, Hypnos suddenly realized the silence... usually there was music pouring out of Apollo's room as well as the smells of cookies and other random things that were being cooked up.

Hypnos became wary as he knocked upon the door and it creaked open just the tiniest bit. He peeked around the corner of the door and did not find anything amiss and proceeded cautiously into the darkened room.

Suddenly, from every nook and crannie and perceivable hiding place, all of the Ringers and gods jumped out of their hiding places and yelled, "Surprise! Happy Birthday Hypnos!" while throwing streamers and confetti at the shocked Hypnos.

He had forgotten that it was his birthday when he woke up this morning and was in such a fit about his missing slippers that he did not think about it at all during his search!

A sheepish Cephalopod and Apollo walked slowly towards the weeping Hypnos with a beautiful ornate treasure box that could only hold one thing: pink bunnies!

Word count: 506
Crazy MaryJo- Viridian~proud Mama of a little pirate!biggrinBorn:11/21/08
Shorty Jack wrote: 
Just because you started the thread doesn't mean everyone is talking to you. tongue

[Mar 4, 2008 1:24:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ztep

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found…

…a pair of soaking wet boots! He examined them for a few seconds just to figure out the thief had left behind his boots of bilge! Squelch. Hypnos pulled the blue boots onto his feet and wiggled his toes. Well, they weren’t nearly as good as his pink bunny slippers, but they would do for now. Hey, it even looked like he had enough patience to get Sublime bilge! Double bonus! Then, he saw the first clue.

He looked down on the floor and saw a small crumpled note by the puddle of water made by the boots. It read:
Dear Hypnos,
I’m sure ye will be glad ta’ hear your pink fuzzy bunny slippers are safe with me. Ha! No ye won’t, because who knows what I could do with them. Do not fret, though, I have decided to keep them and treat them like my own. I have never before felt a material so relaxing to my evil toes. Maybe now my very frequent cases of Athlete’s Foot will subside. Ye rock!
Sincerely,
Why would I tell ye?

Hypnos gasped. How could such an evil pirate take his beautiful slippers? How would he get them back? So many questions, yet so little answers. But then… a glimmer on the back of the sheet caught his eyes. Ha! The evil villain forgot his stationery said his blacksmithing company on the back. “Ye Evil Forgers.” He knew exactly where that was! He made a move forward to dash out of his room, but then fell with a plunk. Hypnos had forgotten about his boots of bilge! He had no other way of getting around, though, and did not plan on being a barefoot pirate!

Slowly he lifted his left foot up, then his right, each falling on the wooden floorboard of his cottage with a resounding Poosh! When he finally made his way out of his house, he realized he needed a plan to get into the company. He came up with a rough idea of one and slowly made his way down the streets, the water in the boots starting to make his feet quite sore.

When he got there, he noticed how shabby the building was. A wooden sign on the door said, “Ye E il Forgers,” the ‘v’ having fallen off. He lifted one soggy foot and kicked the door down. The minute Hypnos did he felt someone grab him from behind a put a hand over his mouth. “Haha, you fell for it! I knew you would! I was easily able to steal your beautiful pink bunny slipper, but now I can get my lovely boots back too!”

Hypnos was cried out in disbelief, although it only came out as a squeak because of the hand over his mouth. How could he let himself be captured! There was no hope! But wait, what about his plan? With lightening speed, Hypnos pulled the gaff he had been hiding out of his pocket and hit his captor on the head. Ha! He was finally able to get his pink bunny slipper back!

He pulled the smelly boots off and slid into those fuzzy pink slippers. The material felt so good between his toes, at last he had his little bunnies back. He skipped out the door and back to his house, having no more to do that day now that he was reunited with his slippers.

Unfortunately, one week later he felt his foot start to itch.
Pirate name on the viridian ocean: Ztep
[Mar 4, 2008 2:23:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hillbillypir

A chocolate egg! Where did this come from! He unrapped it and ate it. Hypnos went to his bed and grabbed His old Mr snuggles his favourite stuffed toy. Hypnos Huggled His Mr snuggles For he needed him the most at this moment he had lost His Bunny slippys....He hugged his Teddy as hard as he could. Still sobbing Hypnos realized he still had work to attend. One final hug and he set off to work. Out the door and into the busy streets of Lima Island. He briskly had a look at the notice board frantically looking for news of lost Pink bunny slippers...but nothing. He thought about posting a reward Perhaps? Anything for Bunny slippys. But No he couldn't. If word got out about him having a pair of pink bunny slippers he would be ruined. So he dragged himself off to work....

Hypnos worked at a distillery allday making minimum wage. After a long tireing day at work he returned home. As he went to open the door to is bungalow he noticed a note on the door knob....
I know you'r little secret hypnos...I have you'r bunny slippers..Do what i command or i will destroy them! And that was that Someone had snapped him and stolen his bunny slippers But who! This question still remained.....

The whole Night hypnos couldn't get to sleep. It was impossible without his bunny slippys and the more he thought about them the more he cried. And someone knew his secret which made it even worse. He had to get his slippers back he just had to...His sleep depended on it.....After a sleepless night Hypnos was dead tired but he couldn't sleep even so it was saturday. He did not go to work in the weekends. He went to the door and looked for another note and sure enough..there was a note...Meet me at the lima docks at Midnight tonight...Thats if you want to see You're precious Bunny slippers again!.. Who was this mysterious person sending him notes....Why did he steal hypnos slippers that didn't matter! All that mattered was getting those slippers back and that was his only intention.

When the moon was almost centered in the sky Hypnos set off....Briskly through the night. He was like a playfull shadow murking in the darkness....He turned down a street that headed to the docks....As he arrived He saw a figure quite strange...He approached cautiously...As he got closer he could see the figure more cleary and could easily see that it was some sort of Rabbit...."Ah hello?" Hypnos called out...And indeed it was a rabbit and he was carrying the slippers!...."Hypnos....Hypnos...Hypnos Do you have any idea who i am?" "Errr....a talking rabbit" " I am the easter bunny you dilly...Do you want your face to be painted on one of my eggs.." "YES i do" Well then you'r going to have to give up you're slippers or atleast change the name of them"..."What why?" "Well It's so affending we bunnies will not be made into slippers It's so embarrasing everyone thinks bunnies are cute fluffy animals. We bunnies can be tough too. I mean can't I be a piarte too! Can't it be pink hedgehog slippers or something! "It's just not the same" Hypnos replies. Ok I guess i could work something out like....My pink fuzzie wuzzies?" "Thats fine by me!" The easter bunny hands back hypnos his slippers And dissapears. Hypnos falls asleep instantly.

In the morning Hypnos wakes up in the middle of lima docks in his Pink pig pjs and fuzzie wuzzies. He is the centre of attention. And creates a new style for mens fashion Pjs and fuzzie wuzzies. And what a incredibly dashing good looking modle hypnos was....

~The~End~
~Runtee~on~the~viridian~
Stump - Meridian
[Mar 4, 2008 7:30:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
finazzie

Dare to Dream

that something was blinding his eyes. Approaching the allure, he squinted and saw silver inscriptions in mid-air:

Dear Hypnos, God of Sleep. Ye are chosen to meet - missing possessions from the deep. The key lies in those vivid dreams that ye reap.

As those ludicrous-sounding words resonated in his head, the lustrous magical writings vanished as mysteriously as they were made.
"Now, if that was a whimsical dream, my sight must now turn dim, so I'll wake up to find everything as it's been," mused poor Hypnos, feeling more perplexed. And so, he took a last look at the empty box, wishing that it was just a nightmare for his misdeeds and that the cure would be that of his enchanted sleep.

But Hypnos opened his eyes to see vast oceans, a chart in his hands. Scripted was - "Poseidon's Missing Empire". He saw another note at the back, in same inscriptions he had seen before:

Dear Hypnos, ye have found the key that will reunite ye and yer possession. Believe in dreams that may be, for there will be a common connection. Signed, P.

At the mention of his belonging, he was determined to live this dream. As he was about to climb the mast and survey the seas, he heard foreign sounds of footsteps on the deck. Hypnos pulled a sword from beneath his robe but was highly outnumbered by dragoons armed with deadly tridents!
Then, one of them spoke with voice as rasp as ice. "Do not fear, Hypnos, for we aren't foes. We are escorts to the deep, where no one has set their feet. The depths of Atlantis, the deepest of all outposts, where Poseidon rules and where all that is missing goes."
"All that is missing goes...?" Hypnos was puzzled.
Many of his belongings have gone missing, he thought. But to find them he had bothered not. But this time, his significant other must be sought.

And so Hypnos and the Atlanteans sailed until they reached the deep blue, indicating its bottomless bed. At once, he saw many terrifying creatures appearing amongst the waves but they mean no harm. Then swiftly, the ship came to a halt and he saw ruins of an old kingdom slowly emerging from the bottom of the ocean.
Still baffled, Hypnos rubbed his eyes, unsure if any of this was real. But the edifice still stood majestically before him and he smelt the saltiness of seawater. He was uncertain what to do next but a glint caught his eye. It was a golden trident and this can only mean the presence of one god.

His eyes guided him to see a god with grayed hair and long beard, clothed in a robe of silver. When he spoke, his eyes sparkled and his voice, gentle. "Aye, Hypnos. I be Poseidon, God of Oceans and tis' be my kingdom. Welcome." He smiled broadly.
Before Hypnos could answer, Poseidon continued. "And I'm sure ye are here to redeem yer precious friends. But before I bid ye fair winds, do remember to share yer tale with fellow men. For all that goes missing will appear in my realms' keeping," he concluded with a tenor that of wisdom. Then, he motioned Hypnos to a chest encrusted in barnacles.

Hypnos obliged and what he saw in the chest filled his eyes with tears of happiness. The chest had revealed his most prized possession - the pink bunny slippers! He immediately hugged them tight and felt their warmth once again. As he turned to thank Poseidon, he was nowhere to be seen but Hypnos was too elated. He wiggled the ears of the bunnies with his toes. Then all turned dark again.

Bright sunlight streamed through the windows. Hypnos awoke and the previous incidents ran through his mind like a flash. He quickly searched for his slippers. But once again, the box was empty. He screamed, "NO!! Not again.." But this time, he found a note scribbled in silvery ink:

Hypnos, thank ye for daring to dream. Now, pirates would follow in yer courageous beam. Signed, P.

He blinked at the familiar handwriting. He pulled his bedcovers off and almost fainted when he saw his slippers on his very feet! Finally realization dawned. It wasn't a dream in his sleep. It was a true dream to find his beloved belonging. Since that day, Hypnos' tale was heard by pirates; mighty and bold. But only those who dared to truly dream have retrieved possessions from Poseidon's hold.
Finazzie
Senior Officer and Sailmaster
of The Elite Privateers
Sage Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by finazzie at Mar 5, 2008 3:53:27 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 3:37:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Finazzie [Link]  Go to top 
Jelly00Bean

Everything else he loved was missing too! His small collection of rocks shaped like Aliens, his yellow fluffy towel with his name engraved on it, they even took his favourite rubber ducky! Hypnos could hardly believe his eyes. Who would be evil enough to take the things he prized the most? Only one person could have the brains, charm and dashing good looks to pull this off.. Apollo! He had to find him. Hypnos ran out of his Villa and jumped into his creeky old sloop. Only to find.. That someone had TAKEN HIS HELM!
Hypnos let out a roar of fury and ran to the inns. He bought a slatted crate of a greenie for 500 poe and ran back to the docks. Using a stick, he paddled all the way to Apollo's house.

Hypnos crept up to Apollo's kitchen window and peeked inside. Apollo was sitting on a stool, peeling mangoes and humming "I've got a lovely bunch of mangonuts". Looked pretty harmless to most.. But Hypnos knew better. With a wild war cry, he ran at the kitchen window. Unfortunately for him, it was closed.
Apollo heard the thunk, and stopped peeling his mangoes. He opened the kitchen window, leant out, and spied Hypnos rolling on the floor. Hypnos opened his eyes when he started getting splatters of mango juice on his shiny red nose. He saw Apollo standing over him, slowly licking an overly ripe mango. "Did you know.." Apollo began, "I think this would taste a lot better if.. It was.. A Banana! Would you like a Banana?"
Hypnos blinked at him in disbelief. "You steal my BUNNY SLIPPERS, plus my small collection of rocks shaped like Aliens, yellow fluffy towel with my name engraved on it, even my poor little rubber ducky, and you want to offer me a BANANA?!" He squawked like a parrot who had been in the washing machine for over an hour.

Apollo let out a frightfully evil giggle, and took off running down the road. Hypnos stared for a second then started running after him. Hypnos chased the fast, brave and extremely dashing Apollo all the way to the docks.
There, to his amazement, were all the Ocean Masters and a brand new shiny Grand Frig with his name on it! Hynos was so very very happy he squealed and started jumping up and down on the spot. He stopped when everyone started staring at him weirdly. "Congrats Hypnos!" Cheered Captain Cleaver, "You've won the creepiest Ocean master of the year award!" Hypnos didn't know what to think. He was sad and happy and excited and crushed all at the same time. "Wait!" He cried suddenly, "Where are my fuzzy slippers!! I can't sleep without knowing their safe in their own little box of love!" Everyone looked very confused. "You guys didn't take them to trick me to get down here..?" He sighed, puzzled. "It was Apollo's job to get you here.. But we don't know how he did it." Captain cleaver told him.

Hypnos climbed aboard his new Grand Frig to find Apollo sitting in the middle of the deck playing with his helm. Up in the crows nest he found his Rocks, Towel and Rubber ducky! But.. Where were his gorgeous fuzzy slippers? Hypnos did the obvious thing and asked Apollo where he hid them. Apollo let out another evil giggle, "I know you're such a heavy sleeper, it was so easy to sneak into your room last night and take them. I hid them in the convenient field of sunflowers that popped up on yonder hill" He pointed to yonder hill, and Hypnos was off like a shot. He started to run up the hill, and was close to the top when he saw his precious fuzzy slippers! 15 minutes of slow motion running, crying and hugging his slippers like he'd never see them again, the story was over. Hypnos had his awesome, lovable, detectibly tasty, extremely fuzzy, and insanely pink bunny slippers back. What more could an Ocean master ask for?

The end.

*Ignore the shameless Apollo-loving.. He's my favourite. hehe.*
Jellyfridge - Viridian

Kearny says, "hark aint a word dummy"
Apollo says, "It so is. Noah had one."

[Edit 3 times, last edit by Jelly00Bean at Mar 7, 2008 5:54:02 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 5:38:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Celedhel

that the coffee pot at least was full. That was a relief, he'd have to grab a cup when the opportunity arose. "First I will find my slippers, then I will grab some coffee," he decided. He wiped the tears from his eyes, and scratched his head. He stood there, and stood there, before shaking his head. "No, I really must have my coffee first, I can't even think properly right now!" He turned to the coffee pot and found it was now half empty, and his special oversize coffee mug was no longer near the coffee pot! His jaw dropped, as he tried desperately to understand what was happening.

At that moment, a knock on his bedroom door issued forth, and receiving no answer, his mother poked her head in the door. "Hypnos, it's time to get moving, you have a big day ahead of you, there's familiar tournaments to organize, and..." She paused, noticing her son's bewilderment. "What's the matter, my precious baby boy?" she asked.

Hypnos explained how his slippers had turned up missing, and how most recently his coffee had vanished. He was hiccuping through the tears that threatened to overwhelm him as he finished his explanation.

Hypnos' mother sighed, and shook her head. She pointed down to his feet. "You fell asleep last night with them on, and never had a chance to put them in their box apparently. And your coffee mug is in your hand. Honestly, Hypnos, you need to learn to be more attentive. I also think you were acting quite childish, crying over it all." She walked from the room, shaking her head in disbelief. Hypnos stuck his tongue out at her retreating back.

He peeked his head out the door, and made sure she was gone however, before taking his slippers off and giving them a big hug.
Whitechops (bored)
TMTP, GG

Sweetiepiepi Approval Trophy Progress Count: 3/5
[Mar 5, 2008 6:43:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
monkeyspy

a pineapple and a bullweasel? What is this??!" Hypnos shrieked. If this was someone's idea of a joke, they surely had one sick sense of humor. Simply refusing to walk on the cold floor without his slippers, Hypnos hobbled on his knees about his cabin. " They have to be here somewhere" he sighed as he knocked over empty and half empty rum jugs, and started tearing into a pile of treasure maps written in crayon. "I'm never going to another techno funk pirate disco again" he mumbled disgruntedly. " Ah! papercut!". He hobbled across the floor to his bathroom, door ajar..."what's this" he asked as he pushed the door open with his free hand. To his amazement his bathroom was sparkling clean! The mirror shone bright no steaks whatsoever, and the toilet had no ring around the bowl. Floor was so clean you could eat off it! And as proof, there was a half eaten sandwhich laying haphazardly on the cold wooden planks. "Breakfast!" Hypnos shrilled as he grappled the half eaten treat". Hypnos studied the bathroom..somthing was off. Something was just not right. Where was the bath tub!??? Right where the oval porceline structure stood, there was a bare spot, and a pipe sticking out from the floor. "what's going on!? " Hypnos pondered as he hobbled out of the bathroom, his knees getting sore from scraping across the bare floor. " I should consider some rugs" he thought as he then stumbled ( as well as knees can) and faceplanted right into a pile of seaweed. "plft..plftt salty," Hypnos proclaimed as he spat the seaweed out onto the floor, noticing then a pink cottonball fluff. "MY SLIPPERS!" he yelled. Following one cottonball after anther, Hypnos clunked across the floor. The pink fluffballs stopped at the chest placed precariously in the middle of the room. "Hmmm now where's that key?" Hypnos , who's knees were now getting quite chapped from bump bump thumping across the floor, started to belly crawl towards his mattress. Lifting the feathered down slab of mattress, he found his key, then belly crawled back over to the chest. He brandished the key above his head proclaiming at last he will find his treasure,and placed the key in the lock. A loud click followed by another and yet another as Hypnos turned the key. The tumblers of the lock clicking into place, lining up. Finally he would have his slippers. His pink, fluffy, "heaven -on- his -feet slippers". The one secret joy he held close to him. It was so near, he could feel the warm pink cloudlike bunnies circling his feet already..*pop* "what the?" Hypnos broke out of his fantasy and peered into the chest, finding not his pink bunny slippers but a note that read, " Dear Hypnos You've been punked. Your slippers are in the OTHER box right next to the one you usually keep them in. ~Yours The other Ocean masters" Hypnos threw down the note, tore open the OTHER shoebox, which ironically was setting RIGHT NEXT TO the one he had opened before and there were his slippers, smiling up at him with those big bunny eyes. " Victory!" Hypnos shrilled as he placed the soft pink bunnies carefully over his ice cold toes, admiring the way they seemed to hug his calloused feet. Tears streamed down his face as he posed about in the mirror in his bedroom, blowing kisses to each bunny and gleefully squeezing each foot with a gentle " SQUEE!" emitting from his throat. Feeling warm, he stood up. Viewed his room which was now torn to bits and finally remembered what happened to his bath tub. It would seem in the middle of a very drunken stupor, he ran into a bot at the palace that proclaimed " I think I left the bath tub running!" in which Hypnos sympathized and gave the bot HIS bath tub before clamboring back to his cot and passed out. Then in the middle of the night, as a sort of " hazing" the other ocean masters decided it would be HILARIOUS to replace Hypnos prized possessions with a pineapple and a bullweasle. Hynos chuckled to himself as he started to put back together his cabin that was plundered as a result of this joke. He chuckled not because the joke was FUNNY, nay, it was quite cruel. But OH revenge would be sweet. Revenge..shall be MINE!", he cackled as he shuffled off to find his bath tub.
Bubonic on the Emerald Ocean

Fallen says, "I want children to use electrified keyboards. Not using real words? Electric shock! For science!Complete sentence? Have some candy you little bastard."
[Edit 2 times, last edit by monkeyspy at Mar 5, 2008 8:55:40 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 8:33:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Whissea

As I cannot edit or delete my first post / story unfortunatly I have to post it all over again.
Not quite sure about following all criteria I just had to add a little something.
Please forget the first version... this is the final one:

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found...

a little red jigsaw puzzle piece lying on the floor beneath the open window.
"Yarrr" he called out in desperation. "I have seen a blue piece of puzzle just like this one before in the hands of my twin brother Thanatos. He got it as a ransom for the release of the most barbaric brigand king alive who's known for leaving them allover the place... I must have been robbed by this foulest scoundrel roaming the ocean, Vargas the Mad! How will I ever get my beloved pink bunny slippers back now!"
A ladder still stood against the wall outside the window, silently laughing it seemed, as the crucial piece of evidence that someone had had the guts to boldly climb up and grab the slippers while he was enjoying a well deserved night of sleep.
Full of grief Hypnos carressed the empty slipper-box and cursed himself in silence for leaving the window open at night. "I should have gotten the insect screen me mom recommended the other day to let the fresh air in and keep the rogues out" he sobbed as a loud knock on the door suddenly woke him from his melancholic selfpity. "The door is open!" he shouted and pulled his robe into an orderly fashion.
His good friend and colleague Eurydice entered with her monkey Cacao. "Hypnos! Why are you crying?" she asked startled. "We were so worried when you didn't show up for work. What is wrong my distressed friend?"
Sniffling he told her about the missing slippers and showed her the piece of puzzle he found as proof of this foul robbery.
"Don't worry Hypnos" she reassured him. "I will get all the Ocean Masters together and hunt Vargas the Mad down like the mad dog he is! We will find him even if he hides under the ocean, behind the sun or beneath the tiniest seashell!"
With red tearfilled eyes Hypnos looked up to Eurydice. "R... r... really? W... w... would you do that for me?" he weakly muttered. "I must say you truly are a good friend but how will you defeat Vargas and get my slippers back from him? After all... he's mad!"
"Don't you worry your little sleepy head over that problem my dear Hypnos. You just get your rest and by the end of the day it'll all seem like a horrible nightmare" she whispered as she persistantly guided him to bed and tucked him in.
One soft kiss on the forehead was all it took for Hypnos to drift off to a far away ocean where his slippers were waiting to caress and warm his cold, cold feet.

A few hours later Eurydice gently woke him up from his peacefull dream and... BEHOLD! There were his precious bunny slippers, just as furry as always! As he reached for them Hypnos couldn't help but burst into tears again and o so lovingly he embraced his beloved pink friends.
At the sight of this heart warming reunion Eurydice and all the other Ocean Masters that were in the room could'nt help but gather a tear as well. "How did you do it?" he asked Eurydice. "And why did Vargas take them?"
With a waving gesture Eurydice told the other Ocean Masters to wait outside and sat down on the side of the bed.
"Actually it is quite a long story" she started. "I won't bother you with the details right now. You just savour this moment and I'll come back to tell you all about it tomorrow. But for now I can tell you that we couldn't have done it without this lovely pirategirl Whissea. Somehow she found out Vargas took your slippers to match his orange reading pipe as he wanted to be dressed fashionable while reading the morning paper. Unfortunatly Vargas is colour-blind and eventually Whissea made him see the error of his way as orange and pink quite clash with each other. Mad as he is he still put up a fight, but the most important thing right now is that you've got your slippers back."
"Wow, this pirategirl must be truely something" Hypnos replied exhausted while cuddling his soft bunny friends with care and affection. "Thank her for me will you. I will reward her later for helping you get back my slipperzzzZZZZZZ...

edit: written by Whissea from the Viridian Ocean.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Whissea at Mar 6, 2008 5:41:10 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 10:24:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

Leif on Midnight. 748 words by the counter.

that the window was open. "That's odd. I didn't leave the window open," he thought. Outside his window, leading towards the seaside, was a set of footprints. They looked odd, mostly human but there were almost traces of a batrachian hopping. Someone had slipped in and stolen his slippers! Hypnos was upset. "I never should have moved to Jorvik," he thought. "Still, it's a lovely house, even if the uncle I'm house-sitting for is a bit strange. Not to mention free access to the library at Miskatonic U, even if the books do seem odd. It's not worth my slippers though!"

Trudging along the trail, Hypnos saw more and more footprints joining the first set. Soon it was a veritable horde. Then, turning the corner he almost stumbled over a familiar form. "Olivia! What're you doing here? Why aren't you with Cleaver?" The octopus waved her arms expressively. "Oh no! I can't believe it!" The arms waved more. "Cultists? What sort?" Emphatic gestures were made towards the seaside. "Zounds! And they have my slippers! Let's go, Olivia!"

The sky was darkening as Hypnos crested the hill by the sea. At the top, a circle of pale people was gathered around an altar as black as night. A nearby fire seemed to highlight the altar. It was slimy, and the few details that could be picked out made the mind tremble. In daylight, surely the carvings would drive a man insane, and that might explain why the cultists had his slippers sitting in the middle of it.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" cried the cultists. Olivia waved her arms and chittered, for she understood. It was the language of the giant cephalopods, from whom all modern cephalopods are decended.

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu lies dreaming" muttered Hypnos, as Olivia translated, "yet He shall rise and His kingdom shall cover the Earth!" Hypnos steeled himself as his thoughts raced. "Not with my slippers He won't!" he cried as he rushed towards the altar.

He stopped short, struck insensible as a tentacle crept from the water and grabbed a cultist. More tentacles showed as the foul thing revealed itself from the water. His size was titanic, his form incomprehensible. The eyes glowed with a cruel, otherworldly intelligence. The cultist screamed and was swallowed whole. The remaining cultists scattered. Hypnos was struck with sudden understanding, the Elder God has awakened, and he is grumpy.

Striding forward boldly, Hypnos stood beside the altar, and caught Cthulhu's attention. The great head turned and the unspeakable eyes focused on him. Olivia cowered on his shoulder. Hypnos poked her and whispered, "You're going to have to translate." Hypnos looked back at Cthulhu and spoke. "Good morning! It's awfully late, and I know you're probably anxious to get out and, um, get on with the eating people and all, but I know I always feel better after a warm cup of tea." Olivia chittered and waved her arms frantically. Whatever happened, Cthulhu could not be allowed to put on the slippers and shuffle out the door, so to speak, to begin his worldwide consumption.

Seeing the offer of tea, Cthulhu paused. After all, a little caffeine was a great boon in the morning, and it had antioxidants. A hideous, soul swallowing being from the great beyond just couldn't be too careful these days. Nervously, Hypnos snatched a goblet from the altar and a cantene dropped by a cultist, and began a quick brew up over the fire. Hypnos set the tea on the altar and took a quick step back as the nearest tentacle swept towards it. Grasping the goblet, Cthulhu emptied it into his gaping maw.

Then it happened. He let forth a great and furious yawn. "There, there," said Hypnos, "Maybe you'd like a good lie in instead. There's a big day ahead of you, but that can wait, can't it? Here, take my sleeping cap, there's a chill in the air." As Olivia translated the final portion, a tentacle sleepily crept towards Hypnos and grabbed his cap. It was placed daintily on the head of the tremendous, hulking terror before he slid back into Jorvik Bay.

With tears of joy Hypnos rushed forward and grabbed his slippers. Dancing with delight, Hypnos returned his bunny slippers to the proper place, his feet. "I'll never let you be stolen and offered to horrible beings from the great beyond again!" sobbed Hypnos. Olivia waved her arms in confusion.

"Oh, that was easy," Hypnos said, "It was chamomile."

Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Mar 5, 2008 10:41:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
t0rqt

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried.

Taking a second look around the room, Hypnos found himself staring at...
himself, in a mirror.
"Funny" he said, "never noticed THAT there before".

He walked over and ran his hand over the intricately carved wooden frame.
Noticing the sea serpents, water dragons, and small fanciful figures adorning it, he was momentarily overcome with awe.
Those blond women of the north were incredible craftworkers, in addition to awesome warriors, and not bad to look at either.
He knew who had taken the slippers, and why, and that the real reason was simply to leave this harbinger, for him.

"So, it is time to awaken the sleeper." he muttered, throwing his wonderful fuzzy robe onto the bed.
"Stupid hat" he grumbled, as he traded his sleeping cap for a magnificent winged helm.
He regretted taking off the robe, as he slid his chainmail over his head, feeling it's weight settle onto his shoulders.

Brynhild giggled, enjoying the little joke on Hypnos, and how the magically warm slippers felt on her feet.
She had actually given the mirror to Thanatos, mistaking him for Hypnos, and he had put it into the sleeping gods room.
His grin, as he handed her the slippers, was a little scary, as he said "shhhh, just our little secret".
She wiggled her toes, and giggled again, making the bunny noses dance about, as if searching for treats.
Then, she sobered a bit, as she thought of the mirror, and it's meaning to the gods.

She had come down from the north, to bring them this message, "the ice melts, the sleeper stirs".
The mirror she had left with Hypnos allowed them to watch an enormous figure, sleeping in the ice.
As dictated by the ages-old agreement, when it stirred, the northern people would send a message.
Hypnos had put that monster to sleep, and so he got the message. The slippers were a bonus, she grinned.
"And now he has to come pay me a visit!", Brynhild laughed, and wiggled her toes some more.

He strode across the deck of the longboat, the air crackling with energy as he glanced this way and that.
"My slippers woman! Where are they?!" he bellowed. Truely frightened by this aspect of the god of sleep,
Brynhild rose to her full height, and grasped the haft of her battleaxe tightly with both hands.
"I have them, Deathgod! Come get them!!" she cried, and bounded toward him, ready to fight.

"Meh, that's my bro, I just want them back" Hypnos chuckled, as his aspect faded to his normal sleepy-eyed self.
She dropped her axe and jumped in close for a huggle. Her whole crew agoggle, over the easy manner they shared.
"Avast that! Ye scurvy deckapes! Back to yer work!" she cried over her shoulder, as she led him to her cabin.

"I don't care if I do look silly", Hypnos said later, as he stood next to Brynhild at the helm of her dragonboat.
He wiggled his toes in glee, as he enjoyed the feeling of his beloved bunnies on his feet, once again.
She looked over at him and grinned, "winged, mailed, and slippered" she smirked, "yer ready for anything!".

Hypnos shook his head sadly, as he looked out to the mountains of ice,
"no, Miss Thunderpants, not anything...", as a single tear froze on his cheek.
erro : karma (mid&mala) - bad company (hun)

artemis: ...most people voted for "ur mom"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by t0rqt at Mar 5, 2008 3:07:34 PM]
[Mar 5, 2008 3:05:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ubahman

Seeing as how my first entry didnt meet the continuing the story requirement (My bad!) I've fixed it now :)

out how enraged he was. Hypnos raged about in a fit of anger. His dearest friends Bunnie and Rabbie were gone. He couldn't even imagine what kind of diabolical fiend would ever do such a thing. He looked at his wonderful chest of sleeping potions and saw that the contents were disturbed. Suddenly, Hypnos realized how his slippies were stolen. Hypnos replayed the whole scene in his imagination, the thief walked into his room. He or she took the sleeping potion and forced Hypnos to drink it while he was still half-asleep. The thief then stole the slippies and ran off into the night. "Neptune's curse on these sleeping potions!" Hypnos screamed as he threw them one by one at the wall. The sleeping potions shattered against the wall and their contents dripped down towards the cheap carpet. He wandered around the room until he got to the lock of Artemis' hair that he had placed. "Artemis," he moaned through tears, "how can I find out who did this?" After saying this he suddenly thought of something that was pure genius.

"Alright greenies, who took my slippies. I want to know and I want to know NOW!" Hypnos /broadcasted. Hypnos then walked barefoot towards his bed feeling a little better than before. He sat down feeling like he just had the greatest idea in the whole wide world and for the first time since his best friends were kidnapped, he smiled.

Two hours and seven hundred and thirty six greenie tells later, he decided that it wasn't such a good idea. "Barnacle," Hypnos swore. Hypnos groaned after reading all of them and with his head in his arms, he reviewed the facts.

One, someone had access to his home without him noticing. He checked his entry policy and discovered that only crew and flag members could come in.

"Aha! It was one of my fellow OMs!"

Two, that person stole his slippies but not the lock of Artemis' hair!

"Who wouldn't steal Artemis' hair? But of course, the only person who would do that is..."

"ARTEMIS!" Hypnos screamed as he knocked on the door of Artemis' villa. Artemis let Hypnos in. "Artemis! I have a few questions for you."

"Excuse me?" Artemis replied.

"I have evidence that proves that you have stolen my slippies!"

"Hypnos listen. You need to sit down and stop asking questions. There are answers you do not want to hear! So my suggestion is just for you to sit down, accept your losses, and keep your mouth SHUT." Artemis yelled at Hypnos as she /planked him out of her house.

Hypnos was finally on the right track. He knew who had stolen the slippies and he knew what location they were in. It was just a matter of finding out how to get it! Feeling like the king of the oceans, he sat down and he devised a plan to get his slippies back. All he needed was an orange and the help of his fellow Ocean Masters.

"Ahoy my brothers and sisters," Hypnos said as he was eating the orange. "You may notice that I called a meeting for every Ocean Master. You may also notice that one of the Ocean Masters isn't here for this meeting. My fellow crewbies, I have reasons to believe that Artemis is... a thief and that she has taken... my best friends."

"You mean..."

"Yes. She has taken my slippies."

"Hypnos we will gladly sacrifice Hermes' life so that you can get those back," Apollo said.

"Yeah!" Hermes cheerfully replied, "Wait what?"

"That wont be necessary but may be in the future. No my plan requires grace, elegance, and subtlety. Now here's my plan and listen carefully!" The gang listened intently and realized the sheer complex genius of Hypnos' plan.

"Artemis!" Yelled Cleaver. "I'm with a few OMs! Can ye enable your flag mates to come in without knocking so you don't get a bunch of spam?"

"Well sure Cleaver!" Replied Artemis.

"Ok Hypnos and Apollo you know the plan. GO!"

Apollo and Hypnos stormed into the house. Hypnos took out a rag soaked in chloroform and put it over Artemis' mouth. "Sweet dreams Artemis!" Hypnos crooned. "Sweet dreams."

Artemis' roommate Apollo then took out Hypnos' slippies from the wardrobe and our hero was reunited with his best friends.

"BUNNIE! RABBIE! Let's never be apart again!" Hypnos yelled joyfully as he was reunited with his best friends while Apollo was just standing there awkwardly.

And that is the story of Hypnos' slippies and to this day he has never left them.

Ubahman on Sage
Ubahman on Sage.
Blingbeard on Hunter.
Forever wanting to do voodoo with an Oceanmaster doll egg.
[Mar 5, 2008 5:00:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found.... wet footprints by the window that faced the ocean.
"Oh no!" he gasp, "Not them!"

Bellator entered the Citadel with the furry pink objects in his grip.
"I have returned, sir!"
"Excellent! What treasure have you brought?" asks his Senior Officer, Eparchos.
"Well, sir, I'm not sure what they are, but there were none other like it! It was so easy! All I did was climb through an opening on the side of their dwelling and..."
"Yes, yes, whatever," Eparchos said, tuning-out the babbling Bellator. He inspected the object carefully. They were so soft, and such a lovely tint of pink. Whatever they were, they had eyes on the front, and for a moment, Eparchos felt as though they were looking directly into his soul.
"These must be a very valuable," he thought to himself. "Well done, Bellator!"

Hypnos knocked on the door to Apollo's manor.
"Wazzup?"
"I need a frig. And some shot, some rum, and about 70 jobbers. Will you MAA? Maybe Hermes will XO for me..."
"???"
"The Atlanteans! They've taken Bunbun Fluffers and Hoppity Snugglwufs!"
" O.o?"
"Dude! Stop the chat speak! You know that hurts my brain!"
"Sorry! I've been pokering... on Coblat... for 16 hours."
"A dragoon snuck into my house while i was napping and took my bunny slippers!"
"Ummm, why?"
Hypnos burst into tears. "I don't know, but I've got to rescue them!"

"Sir! Another ship has entered our waters!"
"RELEASE THE TRIKETOS! ALL HANDS TO STATION!" Nauarchos bellowed.
"Damn surface dwellers!" he said to his first mate, Athanatoi, " They come daily now, attacking us, and stealing our treasures. I've lost almost a dozen of my precious Karkinos this month."
Athanatoi giggled.
"What's so funny?"
"Sir, I recently implemented a new campaign, called PROJECT STRIKE BACK. We have been been sneaking about the dry lands, and returning with the surface dwellers' treasures! I was waiting for the right time to present to you with the results of our operation."
"And what "treasures" have you returned with?"
"Let me show you!" Athanatoi led Nauarchos down the hall and opened a door. Inside were stacks of land dweller clothes, and stick things with a hook on the end. There were weapons, similar to their own trident, but with only one pointy end.
"Are you SURE this stuff is of value?" His eyes were drawn to a most unusual pair of pink objects at the top of the pile.
Athanatoi had no time to answer as the floor suddenly rocked beneath them.
Bellator burst through the door, "Sirs, we are under attack!"

"Come on sailors! Just one more left turn and we're Citadel bound!"
"You may feel confident with your superior numbers, but do not forget to factor in the number of tines per trident." Eparchos whispers in Hypnos' ear.
"Stuff it, fish face!"
The shipwide message appears: All hands join in the fight to defeat the strangers and loot their treasure.
One by one, pirate and dragoon fall, until there are only two left. Hypnos and Nauarchos face one another.
"I know you have my babies, and I'm going to get them back!"
"What are you talking about? The air above must be bad and has rot your brain. We have no land dwelling children here!"
"My slippers you fool! My precious pink bunny slippers!"
Hypnos could no longer contain himself. He sobbed with pain with every breath he took in, and exhaled with screams of rage. At last, the red breaker he needed- double, triple, bingo, donkey, vegas.

"Did you say pink?"
It was the last thought Nauarchos had, as the gigantic silver blades came down on him.

Hypnos stood at the edge of the beach watching the sun set. Tears gently kissed his cheek, but these tears, were tears of joy.
"Come on dude! Snap out of it!" Apollo says, as he hands Hypnos a bottle of rum, tripping over his new pet Karkinos.
Hypnos smiles.
"It's been a rough day. I'm tired" he says, as he turns on the heels of his dear bunny slippers and heads for home.
DEXLA LOUISA MIDNIGHT on Cerulean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Mar 7, 2008 12:20:58 PM]
[Mar 6, 2008 8:22:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MasterBratac

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found something that dismayed him: snow tracked all over his nice clean floor! "Aha!" said Hypnos. "This must be a clue!" Donning his detective hat and whipping out his magnifying glass, he got to work. Taking a closer look at the insidious tracks, Hypnos noticed that they went from the door straight to the box his fuzzy slippers called home. "My poor slippers," he sniffed. "All wet and alone . . . You won't get away with this, thief!" Hypnos ran to his closet, put on a pair of boots, paused to think of a brilliant speech to deliver upon finding the culprit, and followed the tracks out the door.

As Hypnos followed the tracks, leaning over and examining them closely with his magnifying glass, he noticed that he wasn't going forward. He looked up to see that he had bumped into a door. With a squeak and a thud, the door fell open and Hypnos fell down. "Sleepwalking again, Hyp?" Hypnos raised his head to the sight of a bemused Apollo. "Aha!" Hypnos stood, and pointed an accusing finger at the sun god. "You stole my slippers!" Apollo blinked. "Say wha?" "Fiend!" Hypnos replied. "You sneaked into my house as I slept, and abducted my helpless fuzzy friends! Return my slippers!" Apollo blinked again. "Hypnos, I can't find my slippers either. Someone stole them. They've tracked snow all over my floor, too." Now Hypnos blinked. "Oh. Sorry." He retrieved his magnifying glass, stared at the snow tracks, and followed them out Apollo's door.

Hypnos again noticed that he wasn't moving. Another door opened, and another floor met Hypnos's face. "Hello there, Hypnos." Hypnos stood up, brushed some snow off of his bathrobe, and looked around. "Oh, hi, Artemis. No, wait. No politeness. Fiend! You sneaked into my house as I slept, and abducted my helpless fuzzy friends! Return my slippers!" Artemis blinked. "Wasn't me. I haven't done anything like that since Magog was around. And besides, my slippers are missing, too. I think they were taken; there are snowy footprints all over the floor." Hypnos blinked again. "Oh." He then proceeded to follow the footprints out the door.

The same events repeated themselves with Mnemosyne, Poseidon, Demeter, and Hermes. "Hmm . . . I think I see a pattern here. Somebody's stealing slippers!"

Once again, Hypnos's head met a door, and a floor. A wonderful sight met his eyes: It was his pink fuzzy slippers! And, on top of that, everybody else's slippers! Hypnos gathered the footwear into his arms, tears flowing from his eyes. "Um, Hypnos? What are you doing?" Hypnos then noticed that the slippers had feet in them. Then he noticed that the feet were tentacles. He looked up. "Cephalopod! So it was you! You're the one who's been stealing everyone's slippers! But why do you need so many? And how did you steal them?" "I have a lot of tentacles, and you left your door unlocked." replied Cephalopod. "That's why I came in and took the slippers from the box where you- hey! What are you doing?!" Hypnos grabbed his pink fuzzy slippers, yanked them off Cephalopod's tentacle, and ran out the door. "Hey!" shouted Cephalopod. "Get back here!" Hypnos raced back to his house, Cephalopod close behind. When Hypnos arrived, he flung the door open, hurried inside, and flung it shut. Something hit the outside of the door with a thud. "Ow." Cephalopod lay in the snow outside, dazed, with a doorknob-shaped bruise on his forehead.

"Oh, my slippers! I've missed you so much! And now we're back together! At last, you can warm my feet, and I can go to work without fear of frostbite!" Hypnos, weeping for joy, slid his feet into the slippers' fuzzy embrace, and promptly went back to sleep. "Eh," he yawned sleepily, "I can work tomorrow."

| Pirate name and ocean in my sig.
| Down there.
| Follow the arrow!
v
Masterbratac of Hunter

I would like the world to remember me as the guy who really enjoyed playing games and sharing his knowledge and his fun pastimes with everybody else.
-Gary Gygax, 1938-2008
[Mar 7, 2008 9:46:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
willowwoman3

Farewell My Bunnies
By Kismetsghost of Sage

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found .a few marks on the rug, and that was it, I need help, he thought, professional help.

It was a cold wet March evening and the rain was falling faster than a greenies stats in a 'kade. Spade is the name, Goodatspades P.I. (pirate investigator). I run an office from a shack in downtown Admiral. On the evening in question I was taking it easy with a shot of rum when suddenly the door flew open and this guy races in. I could tell by his fancy threads that he wasn't no docktart. Then I recognised him, Hypnos, this would be big, real big. Quickly he explained the facts of the case so we shot off to examine the scene of the crime.
The slippers were gone all right, no use denying it, so I gave the room a thorough going over for clues but the only thing I could find was a few cookie crumbs on the rug. Hypnos clamed he wasn't no secret cookie muncher so it was the only lead I got. I had to find out who had access to the crime scene, but it seams that only two of his crew had the free entry so that narrowed the field, Apollo and Nemesis, I decided to take the big guy first. I tracked him down in a seedy bar, the kind of place where you would sell your last fish for a poker stake. He was watching a boxing match, a pair of bruisers were slugging it out, too busy to notice me slipping in next to Apollo.
"Hey 'A' man" I greeted him "How's tricks?
"Lousy" he grunted "Someone got the last cookies fresh from the bakers today, I gonner have to wait till tomorrow for my fix" I quickly explained the facts of the case to him and he shook his head slowly, "pink bunnies aint my line, besides I was playing poker all morning with Clio and the guys, trying to win me some cookies."
This was a blow, if his alibi checked out he was in the clear, nothing for it but the check out Nemesis, and by all accounts that dame was trouble with a capital 'T'. Word on the oceans was that she was playing pattycake with some big time operator called Vargas, a real loony toons by all accounts. He was trying to corner the pomegranate racket for the whole of the Upper East Side, and wasn't going to let anyone stand in his way. I was going to have to tread real careful if I didn't want to find myself feeding the sea monsters.
I finally tracked her down at a swanky furnishing shop on the waterfront, putting in a bid for a fancy trinket case to put her cookies in. I sidled up to her and started to give her the third degree. She tried to play it cool at first, in the end I got impatient and shouted at her "Look Lady we can do this the easy way or we can take a trip downtown to a hot light and some shackles." She tried to look tough but in the end she broke down under my grilling.
"It's true!" she wailed, "I took the bunny slippers I needed somewhere to keep my cookies moist and they looked just the thing, I snuck into his room while he was sleeping, Here take them back; I have a trinket case now." She thrust the slippers into my hands and shaking the crumbs out of them I hurried back to Hypnos.
He was lying on the bed sobbing until I presented him with his slippers back; he clutched them to his chest and proclaimed "I will never let them out of my sight again"
Nice Pirates don't curse...........I never said i was nice
[Mar 7, 2008 10:16:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Boysintime

Pirate name: Boysintime
Ocean of play: Viridian
Word count: 749 (phew!)

The event title.

The Event Zone

Hypnos stared at the words for a moment, and then everything became clear. He had been trapped in a writing event with multiple plot interpretations. All describable objects collapsed into two dimensions. Hypnos peeked through the window and saw himself in another entry. He looked to the door and knew there was only one way out of the post: find his slippers; and he only had 673 words left to do it in.

Hypnos gathered himself together and then ran to the door. Upon opening it, he tore through the first act and into the second, whereupon he searched for his antagonist. The second act took place at an inn full of paper thin characters. He searched for another three dimensional character, but by the way the story was going it was probably too much to hope for.

He looked through the people eating, drinking, fighting, winning, losing, tarting and spamming. He clutched his sleeping cap. Not a single character worth mentioning. The longer he looked the more words he took up! In a panic he ran into the next room. It was dark and there was no furniture. Over the other side of the room was a man wearing luxurious clothes. He exhibited a prized beared and slanted his eyes so that he could only look down on people.

"Looking for these?" he asked, dangling the bunny slippers from his hand. "You learn a lot about people when you break into their houses and knick their things. Do you always suck your toe?"

"Give them back!" Hypnos whimpered.

"NOT A CHANCE!"

"But what do you want with them? They are a poor motivational piece for the central antagonist."

"Are you crazy? Don't you know who I am?"

"Please monolog." Hypnos begged.

"I am Eventwinner! I shall go to ALL lengths to win ANY event!"

"What do the slippers have to do with anything?"

"Fool! Haven't you seen the ninth ballet of the twelve ballets?"

Hypnos shook his head.

"No? Well then I shall read it to you.

Section Nine
Shoes/Footwear
Simple description: practical." Eventwinner dramatised his next words.

"With an Ocean Master's slippers to work off, I shall be able to describe the position of every piece of lint, grain of dirt and ban stick dust on them; a guaranteed winning entry!"

"But the rules of THIS event states that this story has to end happily."

"Do your best then Ocean Master! You have 353 words left to do it in."

Hypnos took this to heart. He inhaled deeply and ran across the room to engage his nemesis. However, in mid stride he suddenly slipped into a coma. Five words later he awoke. Yawning himself into a standing position, he lent forward and propelled himself to the door. Passing through the cardboard cut-outs, he exited the inn and steadied himself. He looked about him and saw Eventwinner standing aboard his ship, writing his entry out like a crazy man.

Hypnos ran dazedly to the dock, trying not to trigger any descriptions.

When Eventwinner saw the sleep-running Ocean Master, he dropped his quill and ordered the ship to deport. Hypnos clambered aboard another sloop and very politely asked the alarmed crew to follow Eventwinner's ship. As he descended into a cat nap he noticed a passing buoy that read: "You are now entering act 3."

The ships powered along, tacking back and forth like boats made out of paper; which in essence they were. They fired cannon balls, threw grapple hooks and tossed cheap fruit at each other.

Suddenly, Hypnos pulled out a ban stick and hurled a wave of client destroying coding at Eventwinner. Eventwinner subsequently vanished in a cloud of ban-ige.

Hypnos, overjoyed at the release of his prized pink foot warmers, threw the ban stick away and jumped from his sloop cut-out to Eventwinner's.

"Why didn't you pull out the ban stick before?" one of the pirates on the ship asked.

"Do you know nothing about keeping the tension in a story, man?" Hypnos cried as he hugged the unnaturally coloured bunnies.

No sooner had Hypnos passed out with the sheer excitation of possessing his slippers again, did the ban stick that he had used to shun Eventwinner fall into one of the crew member's hands. The crew member looked it over, suddenly broke out into the third dimension and started laughing manically.

"ROUGE OCEAN MASTER 6.5, HERE I COME!" he shouted, jolting Hypnos back into the conscious realm. The pirate whisked himself away, leaving Hypnos to harvest sleep from his eyes.

"Let's not tell the others about this, shall we?" Hypnos told his bunnies.

The light faded and two words appeared.

The End
Boysintime on the Viridian Ocean

"If elected I (Boysintime) will bring a new age of disorientation and non-forumness to Nanuq."
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Boysintime at Mar 11, 2008 7:02:48 PM]
[Mar 10, 2008 5:27:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
silentmonk

...the door to his closet ajar. Opening the closet, he finds that three more pairs of slippers were gone! "Great Morpheus! They took Flopsy and Mopsy from the side of my bed, and from the closet they took Hopsy and Dropsy, Raggedy and Lopsy, Timbuktu and Methuselah... oh what am I to do?"

Hypnos wept for his fuzzy fluffy friends. All the slumbering children of the world had dreams in which they were looking for rabbits in an open field while salty raindrops cried by the Lord of Sleep poured down from the sky.

Slowly coming to his sense again, Hypnos started to look for clues as to who the culprit might be... "Who would need four pairs of slippers?" He found that his pink shag rug had slimy wet trails on it that came in from the door, headed towards the closet, then towards the side of his bed, and finally headed out again through the door. "Ah ha! A snail took my slippers!" thought Hypnos, "but wait, snails only have one foot, wouldn't they only need one slipper... unless... it was a slipper-eating snail! Oh no!" Hypnos feared he would never find his toe-warming companions.

Not wanting to walk barefoot outside, Hypnos looked for replacement pedestrian wares. He found in his closet one left-footed purple galosh, and one left-footed brown mukluk and nothing else. He quickly put them on, and ran outside to follow the trail of slime. Hypnos followed the trail all the way to Cephalopod's house. It led into his dining room window. Peeking inside, Hypnos found Cephalopod's pet octopus, Ghatanothoa, wearing all eight slippers and working frantically with a broom and mop. From the other room came loud booming snoring that could only be Cephalopod himself sawing logs like no other person ever could.

"SO IT WAS YOU!" Shouted Hypnos as he pointed at Ghatanothoa. Ghatanothoa dropped the mop and let out a "Meep!" Then, it raised one tentacle to its beak in a gesture that could only mean "Shhhhhhhhh!" From the bedroom, the snoring stopped for a moment. Ghatanothoa looked a bit frightened, but the snoring resumed and it relaxed.

Ghatanothoa perched itself on the window sill, and whispered to Hypnos in an odd twittering voice. "It is the anniversary of the day Cephalopod rescued me from a tide pool by the ocean! To surprise him, I am going to clean the house, do the taxes, polish the silverware, cook dinner and make him a birthday cake covered in green and black frosting, all while he has his afternoon nap. I needed your slippers so I could creep around the house and work as quietly as possible without disturbing my master."

"As you had good intentions I forgive you," whispered Hypnos, "and I think I will help you." He went to the bedroom window and saw the sleeping figure of Cephalopod squeezed into a bed that half fit him. Arms and legs flailed in all directions off the tiny bed. Hypnos took a grain of sand from his pouch and blew it at Cephalopod. Cephalopod mumbled something about dereferencing a pointer or some such inscrutable god-work, and he fell into deeper sleep with an untroubled look on his face.

Hypnos and Ghatanothoa worked as hard as a deity and an octopus could work- and I'm sure you can imagine that those sort of folks can do quite a bit if they put their mind to it. In an hour's time they had the house spotless, and a cake with black and green frosting was ready on the table. Hypnos and Ghatanothoa run around Mount Olympus inviting all the deities to come to the party.

Hypnos got back his slippers, a little slimy as you would expect as they had been worn by a three foot tall octopus, but at least they were intact. Hypnos hugged the slippers to his chest tightly and his tears of happy happy joy poured down his face. Sleeping children everywhere dreamed of playing with fuzzy creatures in a warm summer rain.

"Welcome back Flopsy and Mopsy, Hopsy and Dropsy, Raggedy and Lopsy, Timbuktu and Methuselah! I hope I never lose any of you again!" He sniffed Timbuktu. It smelled of brine and squid... "Ewwww, you all need a wash."
Wigglesworth on the Meridian
Wiggle Speculators Ltd.
Rum Soaked Devils
[Edit 5 times, last edit by silentmonk at Mar 12, 2008 6:32:35 AM]
[Mar 10, 2008 8:19:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
seb_long_uk

Pirate: Domokun
Ocean: Sage

749 words by the counter provided. Rule number 4 has been taken somewhat literally....

The start of the story wrote: 

himself looking at his own reflection, bleary eyed and dribbling, in the bedside mirror. Reaching his box of emergency tissues, an unfamiliar something caught his eye. Hypnos stood up, showering the floor in used tissues from his lap. A large, perfectly formed boot shape imprinted in the floor, sticky and still wet from the intrusion. An empty tube of Beard-U-Dye lay trodden nearby, presenting the same boot marks as it's drying, coal-black innards.
"R... E... V... A... E... L... C...", Hypnos whispered, reading from the boot print's embossed logo. Grabbing Mister Snuggles from the make-up table, Hypnos left for 'Cleaver's Boot Shoppe', barefoot.

Trotting down the cobbled street, Hypnos headed for an unfamiliar territory. The Boot Shoppe was on a rough side of town, blaggards and pirates ruled the streets, and to walk them alone was dangerous. The shadows darkened as Hypnos approached the rotten, flaking door. As he leaned toward the rusty knob, it swung away from his open hand. An enormous man of 8 feet tall suddenly filled the doorway, his sharp green eyes pierced the air between them.
"Whad'ye want?", he bellowed, a shower of spittle raining upon Hypnos' face.
"Wha?", Hypnos stammered, made woozy by the burly man's rum-breath. "My p..p..pink slippers!", Hypnos stammered, feeling suddenly sick. "Ye stole them, and I want them back!"
Cleaver leant over;
"Yer slippers? Why, these pink, fluffy lovelies are mine now!"
A firm push sent Hypnos skidding across the dusty cobbles, drawing unwanted attention from the pirates around him. The rotting door slammed, sending a fresh shower of paint flakes into the air. Hypnos held back tears of mixed emotion, some from his ongoing woe, others from his smarting buttocks. Spotting his plan of attack, he slunk down the alleyway beside Cleaver's shoppe.

Hypnos trod carefully down the alleyway, hoping he might find another way in. Sure enough, a ground floor window stood invitingly ajar, and Hypnos peered over the sill. Seeing no one inside, he hopped into the room, landing silently on the wooden floor.
"I know they must be here somewhere", he whispered, peering into the gloomy corners. A fancy desk, crossed swords, even a Triketos statue stood, coated with dust.
"Hold it right there!"
Hypnos whirled around, finding himself face to face, again, with Cleaver the boot maker. "Thought ye'd have a snoop around, did ye? Thought ye'd pop in and steal 'em back did ye? Well, my needs are greater then yours, mate."
"Why... why do you need them?", Hypnos managed, "they're mine... and .. they're pink..."
"Well, ye landlubbering bilge drinker, I had myself an ear ache. I saw yer slippers and knew they'd do the trick. Doc'r says I've got too much goo in me ears, and I needed it oot, but he wants 10,000PoE fer the job! 'Scupper yer fees!' I said, and ran him through! Harr!"
Cleaver chuckled, clearly amused. Hypnos couldn't believe his own ears, suddenly convinced they too suffered from an ear-goo buildup.
"You..you... used my slippers to clean out your ears?", he questioned, squeezing Mister Snuggles.
"Aye!", Cleaver bellowed, forcing Hypnos to take a step backwards. "Now, ye teddy-hugging, beard-dyeing, house-invader, I'll be breaking yer neck!"
Cleaver lurched forward, throwing his tree-like arms at Hypnos. Darting aside, Hypnos swung himself at the wall, dodging the attack. Shaking, with his heart thumping, he reached up and seized the handle of the wall-mounted crossed sword, and freed it from it's wooden mount, Hypnos closed his eyes and swung it madly. Feeling it's blade meet flesh, he let the sword drop from his fingers. Hearing a mighty thud, Hypnos opened one eye. A mountain-like mound stood between him and the open window, it's breathing shallow.

Acting quickly, Hypnos scanned the room.
"Where are they?", he muttered, knowing his time was short. Suddenly, a glimpse of pink, but not where Hypnos was expecting. Stepping closer to the heaving shoulders of the unconscious Cleaver, Hypnos peered into his ear and the shocking pink fluff protruding from it. With a single finger, Hypnos removed his beloved left slipper from Cleaver's enormous earhole, a rich sucking sound filled the room as the slipper and it's mushy ear-goo coating reluctantly left it's orifice. Hypnos, seemingly unconcerned with his slipper's new shade of green, grinned at being reunited with his beloved fluffy feet warmers. Removing the other slipper provided another sludgy squeal, matched only by the sound of Hypnos bleating with delight.

Leaving the sleeping Cleaver and hopping back out of the window clutching Mister Snuggles, teary-eyed Hypnos skipped back home, happily sporting his precious slippers, enjoying the feel of warm earwax mushing between his toes.
Domokun
Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
[Mar 10, 2008 1:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
swimer2

Reposted and edited, link to the original entry

Entered by Admire of Hunter.

Exactly 750 words, according to the wordcounter you provided (not including the introduction)

...a note.

Dearest Sexxigurrl,
We'd love for you to come to a royal ball, in the palace, a lovely hall right next to the Palace Shoppe, this Friday night. Supper is at 6 PM, dancing follows until morning.

Signed,
Prince Charming

Hypnos screamed, a pure, high-pitched note. For it was 5:30 PM on Friday. Frozen with fear, Hypnos clutched the letter. People thought he was a Sexxigurrl! Somebody's trying to steal my glory... my bedtime is at 8 PM! he thought, frantically, a sinking feeling in his stomach. The invitation might as well have been a death note. Things like this you couldn't ignore. Then he remembered his fuzzy slippers, and realized... "There is an intruder in my house! There is a pirate! There is a thief!" His stomach plummeted, and forgetting about the letter still clutched in his hand, raced over to the closet and began pelting out piles of junk, old skulls, crumpled up bid tickets, a winter ornament or two. There was nothing useful in defending himself. He turned around to shove all the piled up junk under his bed, as he was too sleepy to clean it up. That's when he saw the shadow. Barely a foot away from him, hiding behind the open closet door. Hypnos approached it cautiously, when he was about an inch from it, he peered through the keyhole and saw an eye. Not just any eye. It was moving. Screaming hoarsely until his voice went from Mickey Mouse with a gas tank to a Barnabas the Pale type chant, he pitched the letter and junk from his arms to any general direction it would go (it fell down, about two inches from where it started) and dived under the covers of his bed as fast as he could. (However, his fumbling and scrambling slowed him down tremendously). When he finally got a good grip on his blanket, he pulled it up high over his head, nearly strangling himself in the rush, cowering in the dark for what seemed like hours; in reality it was minutes, when a sharp voice cut in.

"Quit it punk!"

Hypnos poked his head out. In the middle of the rubble, the culprit was revealed. She had stringy blond hair, oily skin, a bulky figure, a horsey neck, and tiny slits of eyes hidden in piggy cheeks. She wore a mismatched outfit- a gold puffy skirt with rainbow sequins tacked all over it, and a green leather jacket that needed a good washing.

Hypnos meant to say, "Who are you", but all that came out was, "What are you?" The girl glared at him. "I'm Sexxigurrl, dork! I was going to the ball so that Prince Charming would fall in love with my beauty and dance with me and marry me so I could become a princess!"

Hypnos stared. "Well what have you done with my slippers! And why are you here, the ball starts in less than an hour!"
The girl retorted, "Well that's just it! I forgot my invitation! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you scaring me with your snoring and making me drop it! And as for your slippers, how else am I going to get Prince Charming to find me if I don't drop a shoe! But now it's all YOUR fault. My gown is ruined, and the invitation ripped!"

"But in the Terms of Service you aren't allowed to steal!"
"Don't ban me! It wasn't my fault, it was all my captain's fault, her name is Faeerriigdmther, ban her! SHE was the one who conspired the plan and hired my crew members Rattonne, Rttoo, and Rathrre to escort my cat Luccifr to you! The cat was supposed to do the actual stealing! But I don't trust a cat- I'm much more intelligent, and I was right, she took a pair of pink bunny slippers! I'm glad I am smart! But since I had to go in and babysit, I dropped the letter."
The girl kicked off her shoes in disgust. "Here. Take your flipping things and don't ban me."

Hypnos leapt forward in a daze.
"Mine! Mine!" he trembled with joy and resolution of victory, as tears began pouring down his cheeks.

And as our story ends, Hypnos might be found pinning up a sheet of paper to his bedroom wall:

I shall wear the holy slippers always and treat it with the most utmost care and respect, and I vow to worship it always to ease me until I am relieved by sleep, which then it shall be returned to the sacred slipper box.

Signed, Hypnos.

Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Mar 10, 2008 1:41:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Passionpatti

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found:

A gold coin. A coin he thought, everyone on the oceans has gold coins. He decided to look around more and found a maroon parrot feather. With angered eyes he now knew who took his beloved slippers.

He ran to Eurydice's house and banged on her door, waking her from deep sleep.

Eurydice opened the door and asked what was going on.

"Give my slippers back now," demanded Hypnos, "I know you have them."

With a shocked look Eurydice defensively said, 'What in the ocean are you talking about. I don't have your slippers. Why would I take those things, they don't even fit?"

With great tension in his voice Hypnos told her everything. "Once I found the feather I knew it was you who took them since you have Crismas. You've been mad at me ever since I married Hermes," he fought back.

"You are cracked. First off, if you had read the schedule, I was on duty last night. I was just getting some sleep before our meeting. Second, I have been over you for a long time. You know Orpheus and I have been together for centuries. Get a grip, mate," She replied. "Tell ye what, I will go with you to help look."

Hypnos looked apologetic. "I'm sorry Eurydice, these slippers have me upset- they're very rare. Not every day you find pink bunny slippers on eBay-especially like these. Hermes got a good deal," he said, "please forgive me?"

Eurydice forgave him, dressed quickly and the two went back to Hypnos's place to search further. Soon the doorbell rang and Hypnos opened it to the other OMs who had gathered. He told them the day's events. All of them quickly agreed to help knowing that the meeting was on hold till this was solved.

They spent the next hour looking everywhere. Suddenly Artemis found a small pointed white piece of metal. He picked it up and looked more closely. He got a puzzled look on his face then smiled as if a light bulb had gone off. He exclaimed excitedly, "I know who took the slippers."

Everyone stopped, came to the front room where Artemis was, and listened.

Artemis continued, "The culprit is Gretchen Goldfang. This pointed tip is from her Ivory Toothpick trinket. I bet she used it to open the window lock and enter the house. She probably had one of her crew take the feather to set up Eurydice."

Eurydice then realized that she had seen a similar piece on the floor near her bedroom window. She relayed this information and added, "I thought it was just a piece from my hair comb, ug how stupid of me not to think of it."

The other OMs could see how the events unfolded. But they still didn't have the 'why' they needed. They raced to Gretchen's place and banged on her door. She opened it looking innocently.

Hypnos demanded, "Where are my slippers?"

Gretchen defensively replied, "What are you talking about, what slippers?"

Artemis accusingly said, "The ones you stole from Hypnos. We found key evidence at his house as well as Eurydice's. We know you took them and tried to frame Eurydice. We just don't know why."

"What evidence did you find to falsely accuse me?" she snapped back, "Why would I want bunny slippers?"

Artemis answered back that they found broken ends to the Ivory Toothpicks at both houses. They knew she did the crime with the help of her crew.

"Grrrrrr. Darn those toothpicks," she angrily said. "I told them not to use cheap metal, would they listen- nooo."

Hypnos chimed in, "But why take my slippers, what are they to you?"

Gretchen hissed back, "They have gold teeth you dingbat. I saw them on eBay and kept fighting to win them. I was angry that Hermes bidsniped me and vowed to get them."

With Gretchen's confession heard by all she reluctantly returned the slippers. The OMs docked her 5 million poe for her crime and banned her for a month from doing flotillas on any ocean.

Hypnos snatched them and hugged them passionately. With tear filled eyes he kissed their gold toothed mouths, rubbed the little bunny ears and welcomed them home. He then turned to his fellow masters and profusely thanked them. They then returned to Hypnos's house to have their interrupted business meeting and decide who would win the Thalia doll design contest.

Passionpatti
Cobalt
Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, And between the two my life moves--Nisargadatta Maharaj
----------------------------------------------------
Passionpatti
Slow Children at Play
Cobalt Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Passionpatti at Mar 10, 2008 4:43:21 PM]
[Mar 10, 2008 1:42:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
April126

"The Case of the Missing Slippers"

a small tread of pink fibre snagged on the corner of his wardrobe. "My poor slippers... if someone has curled a hair on their cute heads, I'll..." He let the threat hang in the air, because, truth told, he couldn't find a punishment bad enough for such a horrible crime. Then he sighed again. "Looks like I'll be late for work today... I got to find those slippers!" He left his house and went into the sunny back yard to look for more clues, but what he found there was more puzzling than enlightening: a set of big footprints. "Billions of... what on Lima is this?" Hypnos cried out. "Why would someone with this big feet want my slippers?!"

He followed the footprints across the back yard, into the jungle behind. "Scuppers. I should have got a pair of boots for this!" He cursed, snagging his foot on a root, and falling headfirst into a giant fern. "At least I should have brought some rum." He declared longingly, looking down at his now dirt specked robe. After several more roots snagging at his feet; a incident where he tripped over a sleeping turtle and toppled into a lake, where his sleeping hat floated off, and a humiliating dash in front of the in, where he was sure he could hear whispered speculation that Hypnos had taken to walking in his sleep, the prints finally lead him to the docks.

"Oh, come on! How in all rum-intoxicated pirates will I find him now!?" Hypnos was so mad he even forgot to be sleepy. He jumped up and down on the docks, brandishing his fist at the horizon in general. "Hey!" Hypnos jumped and stared at the speaker: it was a greenie wearing bright pink clothes. "Sorry, can't speak, must save slippers." "Oh, kk... did u see the Easter bunny? Everyone says I'm making it up, but I swear I saw him!" "Easter bunny? But it's not even Easter! That greenie must have got too much rum..." Hypnos mumbled to himself, but then he stared at the big footprints. He was no master, but they could be from a hare. And in that case, he knew just where to look.

Hypnos reached into the pocket of his before so fluffy robe, bringing out a flask of whisking potion. He took a swig, concentrated hard on the Easter Island, and a split-second later was standing rather disorientated on a dock looking up at several giant heads sticking out of the earth. He gathered his robe about him and strode up the hill, looking as impressive and threatening as he could, while being acutely aware that he looked like something a dog had chewed on; a feat quite exhausting, really.

Reaching his destination: an egg-shaped house that looked like a cross between a hobbit hole and a futuristic housing project, he opened the door carefully and tiptoed into what looked like an Easter egg museum. Hypnos had thought some of the inns were over the top, filling every surface with eggs, but this room made even the most dedicated egg collector look like an amateur.

He tiptoed between the shelves and opened another door. The Easter bunny was standing behind egg-shaped work desk that was covered in pink fabric that looked oddly familiar... "No!" Hypnos forgot all caution, and wailed. "What did you do to my slippers, scoundrel?" He lounged at the bunny, reaching for his sword before he remembered he'd left it at home. "Hypnos!" The bunny wailed, trembling so badly he had to hold onto his ears. "I'm so sorry, Hypnos. I only borrowed them! I've always been jealous of those slippers... Imagine, I'm the Easter bunny, and I don't even have a pair of bunny slippers." The bunny was so embarrassed his ears were hanging straight down. He reached under the desk, and with trembling hands presented the slippers; as perfect as always. Hypnos forgot all else, and hugged the slippers, his cheeks wet with tears of joy. "I only wanted to copy them, Hypnos... I snuck in when you were sleeping. Usually you take such long naps, I was sure I'd have them back by the time you woke up." But Hypnos was so happy he'd have forgiven the bunny if he'd declared he'd dropped a ship on him. He only hugged the slippers closer, smiling. Then he yawned and asked: "Have you got a bunk for me? I'm dead sleepy, this have been a tough day!"

Castanje of Cobalt
[Edit 2 times, last edit by April126 at Mar 13, 2008 2:59:30 AM]
[Mar 11, 2008 4:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Horp

Gillianne of Sage here. Thought it would be fun to make the villain fit the due date.

A trail of sparkling dust led the way from the happy home his friends had once known. This dust did not look quite like anything Hypnos had ever seen before. It sparkled in the early morning light with a rainbow of colors. He searched the room carefully and found nothing. Not a footprint, a hair or a fingerprint was found. He followed the trail of dust down the stairs and through the rooms. Oddly, there seemed to have been a scuffle, for the areas marked out for rumbling was coated with the dust. He searched the whole house and nothing. Totally distraught at the thought of his dear friends in the hands of someone evil enough to commit such a crime, he sat down at the table. He suddenly thought, nobody could get into my home with out an invitation. How could this have happened?

Hypnos thought to himself, what better place to find information then the island inn. So he took himself off to ShoGirls. While waiting for his favorite spot at the poker table, he asked for his favorite swill. A little man wearing green from head to toe brought him a tankard filled with a foaming green concoction. “What on Earth is this?” Hypnos declared! “First my slippers and now green ale!” He turned to question the barkeep. His eyes roved from one end to the other. No barkeep! And his mug was covered in the sparkly dust too! He ran to the door. The trail led straight to the docks. He leapt on his sloop, and set off in pursuit, He quickly sent a tell to a few of his closest friends. As he sailed the weather turned foul. The winds blew; rains slashed and waves crashed. As they ported at Scurvy Island, a beautiful rainbow swept the sky, seeming to touch the very center of the island. As the crew left the boat, they heard an odd sound. Curious they followed the sound to the center of the island.

The rainbow that had stretched over miles of endless ocean was actually touching land. Hypnos scrambled through the vegetation to get a better look. There was the barkeep dancing to the sound of a strange horn, and in front of him, a big black cauldron. “Billions of Blistering Blue Barnacles” shouted Hypnos, “This could be my lucky day”. As he raced over to gather the contents of the cauldron, a slimy fish whacked him across the face. “Oh no you don’t” declared Hypnos and grabbed his gaff. The two pummeled each other until finally the little barkeep fell face down in the sand. With a loud “Woot” the crew raced to the pot. They knew that they were rich beyond their wildest dreams. When they looked into the pot, there was no gold. Hypnos grabbed the contents while shouting with glee. Inside the cauldron were his very own pink, furry, bunny slippers.

About then the little man woke. He staggered to his feet. The crew accosted him again, demanding to know where the gold was. Hypnos sat quietly holding his best friends. The man explained to the crew that over the years so many people had taken his poe, he had given up the traditional location. He had purchased a chest and kept his poe there. However, he did not think it fair to searchers every where on Saint Patrick’s Day not to find a treasure. So he had searched, searched, and finally heard about Hypnos’ wonderful slippers. Using his magic dust, he sneaked into the house and took them so that he had a special treasure. Hypnos was touched that his slippers were considered that special. He donated a krakinos for the pot. Then he took his very special, pink, furry bunny slippers home.
R/
Horp the Reckless

Horp on the Cobalt Ocean

"I am not a Pirate! I am a Pre-Salvage Engineer. I get things before they get wet."

Occasionally you burn a bridge. Sometimes you have to Naplam it!
[Mar 11, 2008 4:29:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moonmaiden79

Stabatha of Cobalt
Word Count: 749

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found ..... a pink/pink fish.

"Well this is odd," he thought to himself. "This looks like the fish I got earlier today when we sank the grand frig for that event blockade." Hypnos sighed, "I guess I'll go put it away before it dusts, though, I could have sworn I put it away already... Then I'll find whoever took my slippers!"

As Hypnos made his way through all of the estate, he grumbled, "Why did I have to put the bludgeon trunk all the way down in the basement?" As Hypnos pulled up the bludgeon trunk he noticed the most peculiar thing, an old long sword. Hypnos scratched his head under his sleeping cap. "Well, now how did this get here, it looks like the one I got from that Atlantis trip I had to help un-booch earlier... I don't have time for this silliness, I need to find my slippers!" Hypnos retrieved the long sword from its obvious misplacement, and put the pink/pink fish away properly.

Hypnos was now getting more grouchy about his slippers as he headed back up the stairs to put away the long sword. Hypnos wondered, "Why didn't I put the sword rack and bludgeon trunk in the same room so it would be easy to put things away?" Hypnos cried, "If I had my comfy slippers this would not be such a bother!" Hypnos was starting to feel his heart ache for his missing slipper friends.

As Hypnos approached the sword rack he looked at it somewhat perplexed, for hanging on one of the sword holders was a Hypnos Doll. Hypnos shook his head. "What in the seven seas is that doing here?" Hypnos picked up his doll as he put away the long sword. "This is the doll I magicked up for that writing contest? This day is just getting stranger and stranger."

Hypnos looked at his watch, "Oh no I have to go back to work soon, but I can't go without my slippers! What would the pirates think, that an Ocean Master couldn't afford to maintain a subscription and had to carry about barefooted?!" Hypnos growled, "This will not do, I need my slippers! And when I catch the culprit who swiped em..." Hypnos was getting obviously frustrated as he mumbled, "Well I guess I had better put this doll away so everyone doesn't see me carrying it around and want one for themselves."

Hypnos made his way out into the garden. He looked at his muddy, cold feet and sighed, "Why, oh, why did I put the trinket case out here in the garden?" Such a long, sleepy, walk. Hypnos spied the hammock in the corner of the garden and lost track of what he was doing for a second. Hypnos, shook his head, yawned and rubbed his eyes as he lifted the trinket case lid. He sleepily peered into the trinket case and suddenly exclaimed, "My Slippers!"

Hypnos felt his eyes start to sting as a tear trickled down his face. "I've missed you so much," Hypnos sobbed, as he pulled the slippers out of the trinket case. "I must have been so tired before my break that I booched everything and put everything away in the wrong spot," Hypnos laughed, "And all this time I thought I had a greenie to ban!"

Hypnos washed his muddy feet off in his fancy sink, and was then reunited with his fuzzy bunny friends, he didn't even curse that the sink was all the way in the attic. Hypnos and his bunny slippers lived happily ever after... The End.
Stabatha Captain of Hang on Sloopy, Princess of Mixed Nuts, Cerulean Ocean
[Edit 3 times, last edit by moonmaiden79 at Mar 12, 2008 2:44:38 PM]
[Mar 11, 2008 8:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizadabest

Ocean: Sage
Pirate: Jamamaya

The Fuzzy Slipper Mystery

Hypnos wandered along the streets seemingly with no purpose. Still in the same pajamas for two weeks so far. It may seem silly for a grown man, but Hypnos missed his slippers. His cuddly, fluffy, comforting, pink slippers. Once more, he searched under the bed and looked in the empty box. He checked his treasure chest, too. All of his money was still there. What kind of theif takes your slippers and not your PoE? He shivered and walked through the open door. It may be March, but all the snow wasn't gone. He stopped at the dark and gloomy palace in search of someone to help him. When he went upstairs and to the the "Help" table it seemed like he had been walking for an eternity. He was soon a startled with a large cracking sound. Almost like lightning. It was really a mad clerk slamming paperwork on the table.

"What?!"

Hypnos widened his eyes.

"Oh. I'm awfully sorry," she said realizing the customer was ALWAYS right, " My name is Jamamaya. You can call me Jam. How may I help you?"

" They're gone. I'm sorry, but they are really important to me. I just... I REALLY need my sl-"

"RIGHT AWAY, Sir!"

"But, I didn't even tell you about them! Ugh... oh well."

In a moment she was already gone. Hypnos sat in the chair waiting and staring at the engraved letters in the wall. He drowsily repeated the letters over in his mind. "T.... H... Tea... Ham...." I know what you're thinking. Where did tea and ham come from? Let's just say Hypnos hasn't eaten as long as he's been in those pajamas. He was saying Tea, toast, and ham for about two hours and voices overlapped his chanting. Jam finally came back.

"Ok. I found them. You know... the slippers?" Jamamaya snapped in front of his face to get him out of his "food trance".

"I'm up!" he exclaimed

"I researched the slippers and tried to find any enemies," she said once again," The only people that could possibly hate you were people who were your competition," She looked around cautiously and whispered, " Do you remember anyone who seemed annoyed with you?"

"Well, not really. There were some drunks that were looking at me wierd, but they were drunks. The only behaved person there was Thalia. It was so late when I came home that I barely remember. Luckily, I still managed to get home. Everyone at the party was dru-"

"EVERYONE was drunk," Jam asked almost instantly, " If that meant including you... someone could have easily stolen them without your knowledge. I advise you trace back your steps and find out who could've had access..."
~~~~
"And that's all that you were involved in, Ms.Maya?"

"Yes, Your Honor. And it is Jam. I prefer Jam." Hypnos stood up from his seat and gritted his teeth in an outrage. Thalia had to pull him down.

"Can I please have permission to go to the stands?" The judge glanced at Jam and she nodded. She seemed to be eyeing someone in the audience.

"Jam," Hypnos began, " You said you had nothing to do with the disappearing of my slippers..."
"I can-"

"I'm not done yet, Jam. If you had nothing to do with it, how is it that you automatically knew that I was missing my slippers? I've kept it concealed that I owned ANY type of slippers... only those close to me knew it and I only met you a few days ago."

"Well I-" she eyed the audience again,"People could easily get a hold of these things. You know publicity. People watch celebrities like a hawk."

"Really? Well, why don't you tell me what TH stands for? I know it isn't for Jam. I was thinking it stood for THALIA."

Everyone gasped. Even Jam. Thalia arose from her seat.

"You want to know what else I was thinking? I was thinking that you went in the office and talked to Thalia about what you should say. I heard the voices inside the office. You were probably expecting me to come there. And how did Thalia know? As I said earlier all of my friends knew."

Thalia's mouth was opened so wide that it looked like a cave.

"Thalia probably followed me home. She knew I wouldn't notice in my drunken stage. That is exactly why she didn't drink at the party! It was all planned. I probably was so gone that I didn't realize that the door was still open. She took advantage of that and snook into my house, went under my bed, and took the slippers out of the box. The box was still there, but the slippers weren't. The person who stole it obviously didn't need any money because she was rich enough."

Still frozen in shock, Thalia gaped at Hypnos.

"The only thing I DON'T get," Hypnos continued, " Is WHY Jamamaya was involved with this. Care to tell us, Thalia?"
She gulped and then everything poured out like a waterfall of words.

"It wasn't her fault! It was me... It was me, okay?! I.. I stole the shoes, and I forced her to help me cover it up. She does work for me. That is why all the TH's were on the wall. If she didn't do it I would've fired her... I'm sorry, Hypnos!"

"Why did you do it?!"

" I... I got jealous. Is that so hard to believe? All of the contests are for HYPNOS. Nothing is EVER centered around me! If I couldn't have what I really wanted I was gonna take what you had. So... it's OK if you don't forgive me."

"Thalia... where are my slippers?"

"I-I'm sorry, but... I got rid of them."

Hypnos sat down heartbroken.

For the first time since the trial started, the judge spoke up. "So you are saying you are guilty, Ms.Thalia?"

"Ye-yes," she stuttered. The judge signaled the guards.

She got off the stand and walked over to the police to cuff her and send her to a desolated island.

"Thalia, wait."

She turned around with feeble hope.

"Have fun on the island," he winked," You deserve every second of it."

"You can bet, Hypnos, that you will regret this."
~~~~
Thalia was thrown out of the ship and onto the island. She watched as the ship turned away. Since she realized this would happen, she came up with a back-up plan. Here comes her ride amerging from the shore on a rowboat.

"Are you ready to go back," she. It was Jamamaya. Of course Jamamaya isn't that innocent. It was all part of the plan for her to act like a damsel in distress. And besides, if Jamamaya had been proven guilty who could bring Thalia back to civilization? Jamamaya pulled out the slippers and handed them to Thalia. Together they rowed back to Sage. Now they no longer had envy, but rage and revenge. What do you think will happen?

THE END!
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Lizadabest at Mar 15, 2008 8:59:34 AM]
[Mar 12, 2008 2:33:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hearthealer

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found that there was absolutely nothing else missing then his eyes wondered over to where his mirror stood and his panic grew.

His famous gold earrings that he wore in just about every one of his public appearances and portraits were gone too. Now, Hypnos was not just a frantic man, he was angry and was ready to unleash his godly power across all the oceans in order to punish that one person responsible for this cruel deed. And yet, seething with rage as he was, Hypnos knew deep in his heart that he was not the kind of man who punished many for one man?s evil. Hypnos stood himself in front of his mirror, as his face creased up with wave upon wave of frowns, his eyes moved slowly around the room behind him, and then suddenly, they focused on the crude red writing that ran across the front of his nightgown: For what you've done, for what I've done in return, I thank you- Minion of the 2nd wave.

Hypnos absentmindedly poked himself in the belly a couple of times while his mind scrolled through the multitude of names stored in a simple list in his mind. As if awoken by a smack in the face, Hypnos face cleared and his eyes lit up.

"Of course, I left the house unlocked to all crewbies, from which there can only be one."

Now that he had the name of the thief firmly imprinted in his mind, Hypnos set out to find the fiend. Wondering unceasingly and without rest across all the oceans, he kept chanting to himself the names he had given to each slipper, "Hunny Bunny, ZzzzZZZZ, Hunny Bunny, ZzzzZZZZ", he kept cycling those names through his mind and prayed with each repetition that they would guide him to the person who now held them securely.
While wondering through Viridian, Hypnos stumbled across the culprit, who stood behind the infamous dock lines and crates on Lima.

Furious, he stalked toward the thief, his mind bent on hypothesising that fiend and then yanking his precious babies from that monster's arms. Then the thief turned around and Hypnos was stunned to see the menace that radiated from those dark eyes, and yet, he realised there was a deeper sense of hurt that lurked under the surface. He was confused now. But, he eyes immediately roved down past those eyes and finally, he beheld his cherished pink slippers. Joy coursed through his veins and for a second, he imagined them running toward him through a field of brightly coloured poppies, then they fell into his arms and as he slipped them on, he imagined falling asleep amidst the fields of bobbing heads. Oh pleasure that knew no other. A weird noise arose from the thief and drew him back to the present. He knew then that he would have to fight hard for his slippers' lives.

Once again to his surprise however, tears started streaming from those intense eyes that stared at him.

"You made me do this, you made me do this! I'm not evil, I've never believed in anything but forgiveness...but you, you turned me into this and I had to hurt you but I couldn't."

Sobbing the thief ripped of the tilted cap that had once covered glistening hair and Hypnos was shocked to see the bald patch where that long, luxuriant hair once covered.

"I couldn't have done that...I would never have done that", Hypnos stammered.

The thief looked at him and explained how he had been sleepwalking and had snipped off every last strand of hair from what had once been a beautiful head. Hypnos walked up to the thief, he put his hands around the person whose life he had sworn to make miserable. That was enough, no more words were needed. The thief handed him his slippers, and as Hypnos held his believed Bunny Hunny and ZzzzZZZZ close to his chest, he realised that tears had sprung in his eyes, whether from the safe return of his beloveds or the easy forgiveness of the wronged person, he did not know. But he was happy once again, albeit a little sleepy...So he cuddled up to his slippers and walking arm in arm with Nemesis, he returned to his shack for another snooze...
Hearthealer

Viridian Ocean

wanna-be avvie arrrrrtist
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hearthealer at Mar 15, 2008 12:27:46 AM]
[Mar 15, 2008 12:25:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 43   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2014 Three Rings Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates