• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 52
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12749 times and has 51 replies Next Thread
Shandra

The Case of the Missing Slippers! [Winners posted] Reply to this Post

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found .....

Your job: Solve "The Case of the Missing Slippers"

Your rules:
1. Write a short story - 750 words or less and solve the case.
2. Your story needs to tell us who stole them, how they stole them, and why they stole them. It also needs to be fairly game related.
3. Your story has to continue where the story above left off. (No, that will not count as part of your word limit.)
4. Everyone loves a happy ending and surely Hypnos deserves one, so your story also needs a mushy, tear-filled reunion with the slippers.
5. You have 3 weeks to get your story submitted to the entry thread. Submit it by 9pm game time on the 17th of March. I don't recommend waiting until the last minute! Entries submitted even 10 seconds late will be disqualified! The entry thread will be linked below.
6. I will be using this word counter to verify word count. I will NOT hold hands here, make sure your entry has the proper word count. (I'm not going to tell you if it's over the limit, this is your job.) I will also not tell you if your story does or does not meet the requirements.
7. Be sure to include your pirate name and ocean of play.

**Game time can be established by typing /info on any ocean.

One entry per person only please.

Judging: I will read through each entry to make sure they meet the rules. I will then send a list of all qualifing entries to Hypnos. He will poke through them all to select those he wishes to award prizes to.

Prizes:
Hypnos will be awarding a Hypnos doll to the winner! Runners up will receive their very own pink bunny slippers!

As this one is a writing event judging may take a couple of weeks, please be patient!

Entry Thread
----------------------------------------
Taco - teh one and only

Deer season hell, I'm waiting for stupid season to open.
[Edit 3 times, last edit by Hypnos at Apr 9, 2008 6:39:59 PM]
[Feb 25, 2008 2:27:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
A1fuller

Re: The Case of the Missing Slippers! (Help Hypnos get his slippers back!!) Reply to this Post

Sounds awesome! I will be entering a kick butt entry :D
~Pradaa~Darlaa~Midnight~
[Feb 25, 2008 3:20:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    A_fuller27@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
Machetemike

Re: The Case of the Missing Slippers! (Help Hypnos get his slippers back!!) Reply to this Post

Sounds very fun! I'll be sure to join, and I've already /telled Hypnos (who is online now) condolences on his loss.

Yokomoko writes

Sort your sig out, and please get some sort of forum avatar. My respect for people on this ocean starts with proper sigs and them having an avatar, even a Y!PP made one.

Machetemike of Hunter
[Feb 25, 2008 3:23:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Patetch

I'm innocent!!!!

I don't know anything about any missing slippers, I tell ya!

What proof ye got?

Oh...ummm...oh THAT...

I can explain...

...I found them like that...

...REALLY!!!...

....oh wait! bunny slippers?
Pletoo of Sage
[Feb 25, 2008 4:01:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ubahman

Good luck to everyone entering this contest

Little do you know that it was actually me that stole the slippers! (I'm sick of walking around barefoot)
Ubahman on Sage.
Blingbeard on Hunter.
Forever wanting to do voodoo with an Oceanmaster doll egg.
[Feb 25, 2008 5:10:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ddraigeneth

Glad I stumbled on the entry thread for this--missed the contest post. I love this idea <3
Gwiddon d'Sage - Making her own avatars since 2005
DeviantART

Is yer sword a foil?
[Feb 28, 2008 3:00:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Arrrr!! RL events are calling me away from home for most of the next 48 or so hours therefore ifn any pressing questions need answered my best friend and brother Jsweetie will call me with said questions and post answers for me. Thank you for your cooperation and please go easy on her!

Thankfully nothing exploded while I was gone and the world is still turning as it should be. (Great news though! My son won regional champion at his wrestling tournament yesterday!) Im back in business, thanks Jsweetie.

Keep the entries coming mates!
Taco - teh one and only

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shandra at Mar 2, 2008 3:07:35 PM]
[Feb 29, 2008 11:44:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

2 weeks to go!! Get those stories written!
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 3, 2008 2:09:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hillbillypir

It was a bright shiny afternoon. Hypnos woke from his nap, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. "Time to get ready for work," he thought to himself with a sigh. Climbing out of bed, he put on his white fuzzy robe and reached for the pink bunny slippers he always tucked into their own little box with love. As he reached into the box his eyes flew open with fear. "NO!!" he screamed. The slippers were gone! A frantic search around the room revealed the slippers were nowhere to be found. His body was racked with sobs as he mourned the loss of his pink furry friends. "I must find them!" he cried. Taking a second look around the room Hypnos found .....

A chocolate egg! Where did this come from! He unrapped it and ate it. Hypnos went to his bed and grabbed His old Mr snuggles his favourite stuffed toy. Hypnos Huggled His Mr snuggles For he needed him the most at this moment he had lost His Bunny slippys....He hugged his Teddy as hard as he could. Still sobbing Hypnos realized he still had work to attend. One final hug and he set off to work. Out the door and into the busy streets of Lima Island. He briskly had a look at the notice board frantically looking for news of lost Pink bunny slippers...but nothing. He thought about posting a reward Perhaps? Anything for Bunny slippys. But No he couldn't. If word got out about him having a pair of pink bunny slippers he would be ruined. So he dragged himself off to work....

Hypnos worked at a distillery allday making minimum wage. After a long tireing day at work he returned home. As he went to open the door to is bungalow he noticed a note on the door knob....
I know you'r little secret hypnos...I have you'r bunny slippers..Do what i command or i will destroy them! And that was that Someone had snapped him and stolen his bunny slippers But who! This question still remained.....

The whole Night hypnos couldn't get to sleep. It was impossible without his bunny slippys and the more he thought about them the more he cried. And someone knew his secret which made it even worse. He had to get his slippers back he just had to...His sleep depended on it.....After a sleepless night Hypnos was dead tired but he couldn't sleep even so it was saturday. He did not go to work in the weekends. He went to the door and looked for another note and sure enough..there was a note...Meet me at the lima docks at Midnight tonight...Thats if you want to see You're precious Bunny slippers again!.. Who was this mysterious person sending him notes....Why did he steal hypnos slippers that didn't matter! All that mattered was getting those slippers back and that was his only intention.

When the moon was almost centered in the sky Hypnos set off....Briskly through the night. He was like a playfull shadow murking in the darkness....He turned down a street that headed to the docks....As he arrived He saw a figure quite strange...He approached cautiously...As he got closer he could see the figure more cleary and could easily see that it was some sort of Rabbit...."Ah hello?" Hypnos called out...And indeed it was a rabbit and he was carrying the slippers!...."Hypnos....Hypnos...Hypnos Do you have any idea who i am?" "Errr....a talking rabbit" " I am the easter bunny you dilly...Do you want your face to be painted on one of my eggs.." "YES i do" Well then you'r going to have to give up you're slippers or atleast change the name of them"..."What why?" "Well It's so affending we bunnies will not be made into slippers It's so embarrasing everyone thinks bunnies are cute fluffy animals. We bunnies can be tough too. I mean can't I be a piarte too! Can't it be pink hedgehog slippers or something! "It's just not the same" Hypnos replies. Ok I guess i could work something out like....My pink fuzzie wuzzies?" "Thats fine by me!" The easter bunny hands back hypnos his slippers And dissapears. Hypnos falls asleep instantly.

In the morning Hypnos wakes up in the middle of lima docks in his Pink pig pjs and fuzzie wuzzies. He is the centre of attention. And creates a new style for mens fashion Pjs and fuzzie wuzzies. And what a incredibly dashing good looking modle hypnos was....

~The~End~
~Runtee~on~the~viridian~
Stump - Meridian
[Mar 4, 2008 1:02:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Mate, this isnt the entry thread, ye might want to try posting yer story there.
Taco - teh one and only

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Shandra at Mar 5, 2008 5:13:21 AM]
[Mar 4, 2008 3:57:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hillbillypir

My bad didn't read >_<
Stump - Meridian
[Mar 4, 2008 7:29:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jelly00Bean

Darn, I only found this today.. oh well, time to get writing ^^
(Main) Jellyx - Emerald
(Sometimes) Jellyfridge - Meridian
I used to be xjellybeanx - Emerald

Kearny says, "hark aint a word dummy"
Apollo says, "It so is. Noah had one."

[Mar 5, 2008 4:18:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

At this point I cant stress enough the importance of reading the rules.

The entries must contain the following criteria...

*750 words or less (rule #1)
*who stole them, how they stole them, and why they stole them (rule # 2)
*Your story has to continue where the story above (in original post) left off. (rule #3)
*your story also needs a mushy, tear-filled reunion with the slippers (rule #4)

I will NOT hold hands here, make sure your entry has the proper word count. (I'm not going to tell you if it's over the limit, this is your job.) I will also not tell you if your story does or does not meet the requirements. (rule #6)

Mates, there are 11 entries posted so far and only 4 of them are NOT on my disqualify list.
Taco - teh one and only

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Shandra at Mar 5, 2008 8:38:02 AM]
[Mar 5, 2008 5:12:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

I'm glad this thing got bumped. :D
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Mar 5, 2008 10:42:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swimer2

As the edit button still doesn't work past three days, I assume reposting entries (within reason) is allowed?
Admire, Hunter Ocean.

[Mar 5, 2008 12:13:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

As the edit button still doesn't work past three days, I assume reposting entries (within reason) is allowed?

Yes, within reason.
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 5, 2008 2:14:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
finazzie

Mates, there are 11 entries posted so far and only 4 of them are NOT on my disqualify list.

Oh dear! Now this worries me. Because I'm not sure myself if my story did fully abide those rules. :( I tried to follow the guidelines as closely as possible but it wasn't easy as it limits my creativity.Taco said:

I will NOT hold hands here, make sure your entry has the proper word count. (I'm not going to tell you if it's over the limit, this is your job.) I will also not tell you if your story does or does not meet the requirements. (rule #6)

So, would any other kind soul bother reading my story for me and pointing out to me (via PM) which rule I failed to adhere to? I know this is a huge favour to ask, so it's okay if no one is able to. I shall just leave my story as it is until I figure out which requirement I did not meet or sadly, until the competition is over. :( (and yes, I've read it more than a dozen times! so if I did break any rules then I must be simply blind for failing to notice.)

P/s: If anyone can help me check through mine, I'll check through yers for ye! :)
Finazzie
Senior Officer and Sailmaster
of The Elite Privateers
Sage Ocean
[Edit 1 times, last edit by finazzie at Mar 6, 2008 2:06:50 AM]
[Mar 6, 2008 1:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Finazzie [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

9 Days left!!
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 8, 2008 7:42:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

18 entries - 10 disqualifications. Mates, make sure you follow the rules!! Alot of you are forgetting that mushy tear-filled reunion.

One Week Left!!
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 10, 2008 6:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meganwales

...a greeting card saying 'I have your slippers, and you'll find me, in drop dead gorgeous, you'll see!'
Hypnos felt a tear drop on to his nose, but he wouldn't let this stop him. So Hypnos hopped on a ferry and was whisked away to Aimuari island. In Drop dead gorgeous, there was a little crab with a note on his shell. It read: Hahaha you fell for my plan, now go to quetzal land.
Hypnos sailed on his own ship to quetzal dock and joined the circle where Gabz and Dustine were talking.
"Hey, I've lost my slippers, do you know where they are?"
"Nope, but try going to the cabins" said Gabz.
Hypnos rushed to the cabins, and went into his own to sulk. He looked at the ground sadly, and there, on his feet, were his pink bunny slippers! But they weren't there this morning...So how did they get there?
Hypnos went back to quetzal and talked to Gabz and Dustine.
"So.. you took my slippers and put them back on my feet... why?" asked Hypnos.
"Because I cleaned them for a birthday preasent!" exclaimed Dustine.
Then all of Hypnos's friends came out of the inn and sang happy birthday!

by Elleot
[Mar 14, 2008 2:49:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Elleot, ye might want to try posting yer entry in the entry thread, it is linked in the main event post.
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 14, 2008 3:33:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
isaacely

I was just wondering. Is there a picture of Bunny slippers (the prize ones)
isaacely

Isaacely
Officer of Outlaw Thugz
on Viridian
[Mar 14, 2008 11:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

I was just wondering. Is there a picture of Bunny slippers (the prize ones)

Just go to your local tailor and select pink when looking at a pair of boots.
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 14, 2008 12:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spadergurl07

Will there be only one winner for the hypnos doll?
[Mar 15, 2008 9:47:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shandra

Will there be only one winner for the hypnos doll?

Well, I wouldnt expect more than one to be awarded, but Hypnos will be picking the winners himself and I guess if he so feels moved he will award more than one. -Again, I wouldnt expect more than one as that is all he said he would award.
Taco - teh one and only

[Mar 15, 2008 3:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizadabest

I tried to cut down the words in my entry, but I couldn't edit it because it was older than 3 days.
[Mar 16, 2008 11:34:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

I tried to cut down the words in my entry, but I couldn't edit it because it was older than 3 days.

That was addressed a few posts up.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=1433683#1433683
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Mar 16, 2008 1:55:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
madielyne

bunny slippers prize as in just pink boots?
[Mar 17, 2008 3:58:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Master_C4

Uh-oh. Just saw this competition now. I'lld better get writing!
[Mar 17, 2008 5:13:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
spadergurl07

time's up!
[Mar 17, 2008 10:00:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 52   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates