• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 34
Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5857 times and has 33 replies Next Thread
Fizz

People's Choice -- Easter Eggs 2008 Reply to this Post

There has been some talk that people want the option to pick the winning egg/s. I will take the time to compile votes. I can't provide any prizes on any/all the oceans, so this will be a bragging rights sort of deal. (If anyone has any ideas for this, I'm open ears.) I will be tracking votes at google docs. (Apparently, you will have to create/sign in with google docs to view it.)

(I have changed the setting of the google doc to nonpublic, but will change it back to public once all the voting is done. The reason is, I don't want anyone's votes to be influenced by whose eggs have already been voted for.)

Deadline for people's choice will go until March 21st
or
Until OOO announces the winners in the game/forum. Once that has been done, this "event" is over.

This is what I want you to do:

• Who is this event open to? The whole YPP community.

• Pick 3 (Three) eggs and up to 5 (Five) Honorable Mentions (only your first 5 HMs will be noted), from THIS link.
    Do not include any egg designs that have been marked as not seamless, as they wouldn't be eligible in the game to win either.

• When you submit your choice, please state the name of the designer and which egg number you are picking.
    (To get the egg number, count the eggs left to right.)

• List your most favorite as number 1 (One), next at number 2 (Two) and then your next at number 3 (Three).
    Eggs will be scored as follows:
    1st place pick = 4 points
    2nd place pick = 3 points
    3rd place pick = 2 points
    Hono(u)rable mentions = no score value

• Post ONLY questions/suggestions/comments in this thread. Please do not post your votes in this thread.

• Send your picks to me at ypp.egg.designs.2008@gmail.com OR you can send a PM to me if you are not comfortable giving out your email addy. Just keep in mind, my PM box could get full here. I will respond to each PM that I get to let you know that your vote is counted.

This is just for fun and has no official bearing on the actual judging!
    (so there is no point in repeatedly voting for your own egg using multiple alts or friends.)
    ----------------------------------------
    Fizz -- RETIRED Senior Officer of Phoenix Warriors, Lady of Tyrs Own
    [Edit 8 times, last edit by Fizz at Feb 25, 2008 1:41:00 PM]
  • [Feb 24, 2008 10:29:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SeaLassey

Re: People's Choice -- Easter Eggs 2008 Reply to this Post

Wow there are so many amazing eggs this year! It's very hard to pick my top three favorites...so I'll put some of my "honorable mentions" too.
    All of the entries deserve a round of applause, but these entries stood out to me. =D

(1) - Queasy (Viridian)- Octopus Egg
    (Both get 2) - Dexla (Midnight)- The two purplish eggs
    (3) - Pletoo (Sage)- Fish Egg
    (4 for the sake of it!) - Booteelishus (Sage)- Crab Egg

These eggs get my honorable mentions-

Adrielle (Viridian)- Octo Egg, Palm Tree Egg
    Gwiddon (Sage)- Cracked Egg
    Rein (Cobalt)- Strawberry Egg
    Rom (Sage)- Football Egg
    Starrene (Viridian)- Octo Egg
    Fizz (Midnight)- Widow Queen's Spider Egg

Thanks Fizz for doing this thread; I think it was fun to be the judge for a change! >.<

~SeaLassey
    ERG! I'm a pirate!!!!
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by SeaLassey at Feb 24, 2008 12:21:25 PM]
    [Feb 24, 2008 12:14:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

• When you submit your choice, please state the name of the designer and which egg number you are picking.

• List your most favorite as number 1 (One), next at number 2 (Two) and then your next at number 3 (Three).

• Post questions in this thread. Send your picks to me at ypp.egg.designs.2008@gmail.com

• Thanks for the votes, SeaLassey, could you submit following the directions? I need to know the egg number. Count the eggs, left to right to get the egg number. Saves me from having to go to the webpage to see which one it is you are voting for.
    [Feb 24, 2008 1:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Thanks for setting that up. I am not so sure I could pick just three. How complicated would it be to allow for honorable mentions?
    (With a limit to how many) I'd say, pick your favorite 8 and score as follows:
    Hono(u)rable mentions = 1 point

Also, some people are not comfortable giving out their email address, so I would suggest that they can PM it to you (or they can PM it to me and I will put them in an email to you.)

Personally, I'd make the deadline cut off when the actual winners are announced if that should happen before the 21st, otherwise you will likely get an influx of votes afterwards that will be biased towards the chosen ones (or against them for those dissatisfied.)

Finally, you did imply this, but it bears repeating:

(so there is no point in repeatedly voting for your own egg using multiple alts or friends.)
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Feb 24, 2008 5:12:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

Thanks for setting that up. I am not so sure I could pick just three. How complicated would it be to allow for honorable mentions?
    (With a limit to how many) I'd say, pick your favorite 8 and score as follows:
    Hono(u)rable mentions = 1 point

I like this idea.. yes.. I will incorporate the HMs .. though the HMs will bare no scoring for the actual people's choices, (1-3)

Also, some people are not comfortable giving out their email address, so I would suggest that they can PM it to you (or they can PM it to me and I will put them in an email to you.)

I thought of that too, but figured my inbox here would get full too fast with just PMs. I will edit the OP to include PMs too, but to keep in mind, my inbox could get full.

Personally, I'd make the deadline cut off when the actual winners are announced if that should happen before the 21st, otherwise you will likely get an influx of votes afterwards that will be biased towards the chosen ones (or against them for those dissatisfied.)

If i knew when they were gonna be announced or released, I would. I will put a clause in the OP to say once the annoucement has been made for the actual winners in game. People's Choice is over.

Finally, you did imply this, but it bears repeating:

Yes.. Please keep this fair and vote only once.
    [Feb 24, 2008 6:34:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

I thought of that too, but figured my inbox here would get full too fast with just PMs. I will edit the OP to include PMs too, but to keep in mind, my inbox could get full.

If they try to send it to you and your box is full, they are welcome to send it to me and I will pass it on via email.

Also, I posted this in the main event thread but if anyone is interested in seeing as many as possible at once, I collected them into one image here. (This does not include any that specifically said that it was not seamless.) Of course, you will still have to go to the YPPedia page to find who created the eggs you choose (they are not quite in order in my image, so consider it a treasure hunt :D)
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Feb 24, 2008 7:38:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

Holy cow! that image is amazingly huge and awesome! It's neat to see them all in one image.
    [Feb 24, 2008 8:50:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

Actually, Pletoo, that's a great way to impartially judge them. The name factor isn't an issue. Verrrry nice!
    Silveransom
    makes art like this or this &
    Blender Eggs!
    [Feb 24, 2008 9:17:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    SM_Forums

Actually, Pletoo, that's a great way to impartially judge them. The name factor isn't an issue. Verrrry nice!

But then it's oh so hard to specify which one you like.

"The 7th one from the left in the 13th row from the top!"
    Swordmaster on Hunter
    Timmeh wrote: 
    Life is so depressing with pants on.
    Current avatar by Tilinka <3
    Taking a break.
    [Feb 24, 2008 11:26:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

But then it's oh so hard to specify which one you like.

"The 7th one from the left in the 13th row from the top!"

Pick out the 8 you like then go find them on the wiki page. Most of the eggs are pretty distinct - besides hidden object games are very popular :)

I am currently going through the first cut, keeping the ones I like off the large image. Then I will do it again and again until I have narrowed it down to the ones I like the best. It is easier for me to do it that way.

EDIT: Adding stats...
  • By my count there were 405 eligible entries.
  • My first cut in which I chose simply by colors or design left 159 eggs.
  • Second cut, chosing more based on color and design left 57 eggs.
  • Third cut, 24 left and it is starting to be painful to eliminate eggs.
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Patetch at Feb 25, 2008 7:59:26 AM]
  • [Feb 25, 2008 5:30:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    seb_long_uk

I had intended to add numbers to pletoo's image, but got side tracked. I still think it's a good idea if people would find it helpful?

"I vote for numbers 1,4, 78, 5...ect" is far easier to handle than "I vote for all of Domokun's, Pletoo's, Nemo's oprange one, Fred's green thingy..."
    Domokun
    Avatar by the incredible Tilinka
    [Feb 25, 2008 5:39:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    My other sloop is a Gold/Gold rename [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

I had intended to add numbers to pletoo's image, but got side tracked. I still think it's a good idea if people would find it helpful?

"I vote for numbers 1,4, 78, 5...ect" is far easier to handle than "I vote for all of Domokun's, Pletoo's, Nemo's oprange one, Fred's green thingy..."

Please use the voting number system I have set up in the OP. Otherwise, it will be more work for me to calculate them in the google doc since I will have to go back and forth between the wiki and your vote email and the googledoc to find out the number/s that I am using for the eggs. Pletoo's egg image is for fun. It has no baring on how I am have the numbering set up.
    [Feb 25, 2008 7:47:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Inkburrow

There has been some talk that people want the option to pick the winning egg/s. I will take the time to compile votes.

Brilliant Fizz!! I love it!

Also, I posted this in the main event thread but if anyone is interested in seeing as many as possible at once, I collected them into one image here.

Brilliant Pletoo!! I love it!

(1) - Queasy (Viridian)- Octopus Eggz

Phanks SeaLassey! /e blushes
    Queasy, Viridian
    I live in my own little world. It's okay; they know me here.
    [Feb 25, 2008 12:31:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

There has been some talk that people want the option to pick the winning egg/s. I will take the time to compile votes.

Brilliant Fizz!! I love it!

Thanks!

and yes.. this is an unabashed attempt to bump/remind people of their people's choice. I haven't had any new submissions for a few days now. I hope people are just having a hard time picking but still plan on voting. Harrr! I've only received a small handful of selections.
    [Feb 27, 2008 7:46:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

I was able to see the spreadsheet before but now it says I don't have permission to view it.
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Feb 27, 2008 8:26:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

(I have changed the setting of the google doc to nonpublic, but will change it back to public once all the voting is done. The reason is, I don't want anyone's votes to be influenced by whose eggs have already been voted for.)

Quoted from the OP
    [Feb 27, 2008 8:48:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Oooh...well that might explain it :P I don't usually go back and read an OP again unless it is for a contest - then I read it a hundred times.

Carry on...
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Feb 27, 2008 10:32:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

*points to the OP*

I've edited it several times.. lmao!
    [Feb 27, 2008 10:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

Yes.. I am bumping this.

Not to many people have sent me votes. I'd hate to have people waiting for the last minute only to have the winners announced by OOO and not have their votes count since I will conclude the People's Choice votes once winners are announced.
    [Mar 2, 2008 9:41:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Yep. Better make it soon, folks. *coughs*
    [Mar 2, 2008 1:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

Is tomorrow soon enough, dear deigning deity of um... alliteration?
    Silveransom
    Blender Eggs!
    [Mar 2, 2008 5:34:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Apollo
    OceanMaster

Maybe. Maybe not!
    [Mar 2, 2008 5:38:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://blog.puzzlepirates.com/apollo/ [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

Oooh, sneaky sneakery and sibilant skullduggery is... afoot.

/e wanders off to pick a few choice eggs

OK, submissions sent. That was almost painful. I had to go through three agonizing waves of cuts, and my "final eight" were maddeningly difficult to sort.

Nice work, all you eggy artists!
    Silveransom
    Blender Eggs!
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by SilveRansom at Mar 2, 2008 7:35:51 PM]
    [Mar 2, 2008 6:10:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    BlackBeth

Yeah, that's why I haven't submitted my choices either. Once I get below about 8, I might as well be throwing daggers to pick the "top 3". And I don't think thats a very good basis for voting on something.

(Though to come to think of it, if I could throw knives at the presidental candidates, and the one who comes out alive gets the White House...)
    Feylind

Semi-retired Midnight Cerulean Event Addict
    [Mar 2, 2008 8:14:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeythePirate [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

I definitely sympathize with those intrepid souls that are judging these.

(Though to come to think of it, if I could throw knives at the presidental candidates, and the one who comes out alive gets the White House...)

Except the trouble I have with eggs is that I like a lot of them. Presidential candidates is a completely different story. Knives would be fun. Maybe throwing eggs?

/e refrains from speaking further on matters political, in order to maintain his sanity and thread integrity

My pre-final eight cut had 20 or so eggs, any of which I could happily give a top spot to. I'm going to be optimistic and say that's a good thing; it means we have good artists around here. :D
    Silveransom
    Blender Eggs!
    [Mar 3, 2008 8:10:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

No more submission for P'sC will be accepted. I will tally and post the winner/s once I get it all added up.
    [Mar 3, 2008 12:24:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Patetch

Well looking at the winners, I am pleased to see that two of my top three were actually chosen and quite a few were in my last 24.
    Pletoo of Sage
    [Mar 3, 2008 12:28:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

Well looking at the winners, I am pleased to see that two of my top three were actually chosen and quite a few were in my last 24.

Hmm. None of my eight picks made it, and only three of the winners were even in my top 20. *shrug*

Back to trying to make a non-Max version of the egg file.
    Silveransom
    Blender Eggs!
    [Mar 3, 2008 12:36:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Fizz

People's Choice winner is Dexla, with a score of 18
    Adrielle with a score of 10
    Shortyjack with a score of 8

4 Honorable Mentions: Nordenx

3 Honorable Mentions: Alexariel, Cassopia, Feylind, Nordenx, and Xeitgeist

2 Honorable Mentions: Adrielle, Cassopia, Cassopia, Dexla, Fizz, Fizz, Lulee, Pletoo, Pletoo, Silveransom, Silveransom, and Xeitgeist

1 Honorable Mention: Adrielle, Booteelishus, Cambiata, Dexla, Feylind, Fizz, Fizz, Flutie, Gwiddon, Kellan, Khayam, Khayam, Khayam, Kitt, Lulee, Lulee, Mahboodah, Neerie, Nordenx, Padore, Prita, Queasy, Rhodin, Rom, Scapegoat, Scapegoat, Silveransom, Silveransom, Skyelanis, Skyelanis, Skyelanis, Xeitgeist and Xeitgeist.

EDIT: Oh and the Google doc is now viewable by the public one more time.
    Edit 2: SeaLassey's submission was not counted since she failed follow the voting guidelines.

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Fizz at Mar 3, 2008 1:44:10 PM]
    [Mar 3, 2008 1:37:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    SilveRansom

So that's where all the purple eggs went.
    Silveransom
    Blender Eggs!
    [Mar 3, 2008 2:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
    Posts: 34   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates