• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2028 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Reffi

mouse problems Reply to this Post

My client doesn't seem to enjoy letting me know what I'm doing. As such, it's taken away my privelege of seeing my mouse pointer.

Anyone else experience this - and - better yet - know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
[Jul 21, 2003 1:43:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Re: mouse problems Reply to this Post

Maybe you were naughty on a previous computer, and are being punished on this one.
[Jul 21, 2003 2:52:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
loftling

Reffi wrote: 
My client doesn't seem to enjoy letting me know what I'm doing. As such, it's taken away my privelege of seeing my mouse pointer.

Submit a bug report. If you can't see your cursor to hit the "report a bug" button, try to get logged in enough such that you can see the chat box entry field and type "/bug i can't see my mouse!"
[Jul 21, 2003 4:34:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

My laptop has problems with the mouse cursor. It acts a lot like the old software mouse cursors used to in windows (flicker.) It displays it, but then either paints over it or immediately hides it. By moving it around a lot, I can follow its ghostly presence enough to use it. The client only does this under certain conditions. I just figured it had something to do with java's direct x + old laptop and didn't bother mentioning it.
----------------------------------------
-Hethor
[Jul 21, 2003 5:43:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
loftling

mouse problems Reply to this Post

Livesey wrote: 
My laptop has problems with the mouse cursor. It acts a lot like the old software mouse cursors used to in windows (flicker.) It displays it, but then either paints over it or immediately hides it. By moving it around a lot, I can follow its ghostly presence enough to use it. The client only does this under certain conditions. I just figured it had something to do with java's direct x + old laptop and didn't bother mentioning it.

Do you have windows XP? Do you have mouse shadows turned on?

Look at the Windows XP known issues.

The weird thing is that it doesn't do it anymore on my windows XP machine, so maybe a recent windows update fixed the problem.
[Jul 21, 2003 5:51:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Male Guest

Yeah, I jis' turned off mouse trails (ME seems to have that problem too, that's what I'm running it on) and it suddenly started working fine. w00t!
[Jul 21, 2003 8:22:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post   [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

hahaha...

Err, no, that poor laptop be running Windows 98. I DO have mouse trails turned on (It's a dual-scan screen, so I use "high contrast" everything. You know, pre-active matrix. You know, pre-TFT.) I will see if turning mous trails off solves that little problem when I get home.
----------------------------------------
-Hethor
[Jul 21, 2003 11:19:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates