• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 327
Posts: 327   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 91932 times and has 326 replies Next Thread
BootHook

Rumble (Multi-Row Sprinkle Pattern) Research thread! Reply to this Post

Note: this thread was originally posted as an event, but after ''running for a long time, it has now been moved to a different forum and can now be used for any further discussion or research on this area ~ Apollo

3 Million PoE Rumble Research Event!

There is a Rumble game mechanic that I have been keeping secret. This game mechanic is so secret, that I don't remember anyone ever asking about how it works, let alone try to figure out how it works. This game mechanic is the detailed information on how the multi-row sprinkle pattern works. Sometimes when a sprinkle attack is sent, it uses the multi-row part of the sprinkle pattern, and sometimes it just repeats the single-row part of the sprinkle pattern.

Event details: I am offering 1 million PoE to the first person that correctly explains the exact details of how the multi-row sprinkle pattern works. For example, what are the exact conditions for the game to use the multi-row sprinkle pattern, and how does the game determine how much of the multi-row sprinkle pattern is used?

Submission details: You can submit an answer by replying in this thread. You can make multiple submissions. If you edit a post, then the timestamp of that post is the timestamp of the last edit.

Deadline details: The current deadline is 1 month from today (March 13th at midnight PST). The deadline might be extended beyond that.

Prize details: The 1 million PoE can be awarded on Midnight, Viridian, Sage, or Hunter. If the winner really wants the PoE on Cobalt, then I can sell some of my familiars to raise the PoE there.

Edit to prize details (4-22-08): The prize money is getting bumped up to a total of 3 million PoE. 1 million of this PoE can be distributed among Cobalt/Midnight/Viridian/Sage/Hunter. The other 2 million of this PoE can be distributed among Viridian/Sage/Hunter.

Why this event is happening: There is a notable lack of people besides me releasing Rumble information. I want to know if this is because people can't figure out the information, or if this is because people don't have enough motivation to figure out the information.

Clarification edits!
(01/13/08) The drop pattern for each bludgeon contains 2 rows. The top row is the single-row sprinkle pattern, and the bottom row is the multi-row sprinkle pattern.
----------------------------------------
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Apollo at Nov 4, 2010 10:44:48 AM]
[Feb 13, 2008 2:25:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Re: 1 Million PoE Rumble Research Event! Reply to this Post

Why this event is happening: There is a notable lack of people besides me releasing Rumble information. I want to know if this is because people can't figure out the information, or if this is because people don't have enough motivation to figure out the information.

For what it's worth on my part, it's not lack of motivation, it's lack of time. Or, perhaps, "lack of motivation" inasmuch as I place YPP below my family and my job. I'm still building the strike map tool, and have been for eight months, for crying out loud. I know that I don't comprehend everything about how the game works. I'd like to, but gone are the days when I could play 'til the wee hours of the morning, testing and prodding.

Good luck to those who do have the time!
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Feb 13, 2008 2:54:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Shaimus

Well from my end its

"Boathook does it better"

So just go ask him . . .

I will mention this however to a few of the Rumble mad mates I have in my crew.
Shaimus on All Oceans, but mainly Sage

RogueOM Squad - Wiki links - Makes it easier for me as well
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Rogue_OM_Squad_VII_Neapolitan
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/roms/index.php?mforum=roms
[Feb 13, 2008 7:18:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I've noticed that I'll receive a number of strikes at once, and I've attributed that to "several attacks came in at once". Similarly, the assumption I've used when I get the single row sprinkle pattern in large numbers is "many small sprinkle attacks all came at once".

If that's true, then sending a single large sprinkle attack will send a multi-row, and sending many small attacks will send a large single row.

Rumble's mechanics are just too difficult to reverse engineer (*). Sword fighting is not only simpler, but most of the details about how swords are formed and sent were actually spelled out in early ringer posts.

(*): Unless your computer can record a dual-client session for later analysis.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 14, 2008 12:22:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

If the winner really wants the PoE on Cobalt

Sigged!
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 14, 2008 12:24:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

Gah... lack of time... /me gives it a try anyways...
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

Snrm officer chats, "Full speed with frig in less than a lp"
Snrm officer chats, "Thats sexy"
Bobsalive officer chats, "You get turned on by all the wrong things
[Feb 14, 2008 8:02:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

In my trials I sucessfully proved that if you only sprinkle off enough balls to send one row(or less), then (when the sprinkle queue fills up enough) it will follow the single-row pattern, or the top row of a bludgeon's sprinkle pattern. The game will always launch off a sprinkle when there is at least one full row of balls.

So when exactly is the mysterious second line used?
After further trials, I found that if there is more than one full line in the sprinkle queue when it launches, then the multi-row sprinkle is used. However, if you have two full lines then two of the single-row sprinkle are used.

So therefore, I conclude that any sprinkle that contains only FULL ROWS that are sent/launched use the single-row pattern, while any sprinkle that contains PARTIAL ROWS (since you can not have less than one full row) use the multi-row sprinkle.

However, sometimes the sprinkle attack may be split into two or more seperate attacks, causing less than one full row to be found. Whenever this occurs, the balls sent first form the single-row pattern, and the next attack will follow the previously stated rules. The game will always split the sprinkle attack if sending the whole sprinkle will cause balls to appear over the defeat line. It can fill up the whole screen, but will not appear over the defeat line (a.k.a. insta). Also, if there is a large protusion e.g. a spike at a side, then the game may also split the sprinkle attack in an attempt to even out the opponent's screen.

If there are partial rows, the game then decides which side to put them according to where your sprinkle attack came from. If your attack came from the left, then the partial sprinkle row will be generated from the left (unless there is not enough for one row in which case they are added the the sprinkle queue) and vice versa or for centre. The game uses your last attack to decide which side (or center) to put the partial rows on.

The sprinkle scaling system is that all popped balls = 1 ball appearing in your opponent's spinkle queue. No matter what colour or how big th cluster is, if it's popped then it = 1 ball in the sprinkle queue. However, for each DROPPED ball (e.g. ball of another colour that is attached to the balls that you popped and dropped at the same time), half a ball appears in your opponent's sprinkle queue (so for every two dropped balls one full ball appears in your opponent's sprinkle queue.) So therefore the number of balls appearing on your opponents screen can be calculated by 0.5(D) + 1, where D is the number of balls dropped. If there is an odd number of balls the extra 0.5 is kept in the sprinkle queue for the next sprinkle attack.

Studies conducted using InstantDemo and a Blackjack (because it's multi-row sprinkle pattern contains colours that the single-row sprinkle pattern doesn't. Otherwise I like using fish =P )

Bobsalive on HUNTER!!!!
(P.S. If I'm like really far off or really close then can you tell me? xD If I get more time I might to a couple more trials to see if there's anything that I missed.... if I'm really far off then I may need to reconsider my current theories (or give up), but if I'm really close then I won't throw this out the window.... =P)
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

[Edit 4 times, last edit by bobsalive at Feb 15, 2008 9:24:18 PM]
[Feb 14, 2008 10:09:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

Neah, it's been approx. 15 hours since I posted and no response?
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

[Feb 15, 2008 3:30:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Carolzinhagr

Have you stopped to think that maybe you and Boot are not on the same time zone and that during these 15 hours that passed he was busy doing other things and didn't have access to a computer?!

Carolgr
Poker luck runs out but rumble lasts forever!!!
[Feb 15, 2008 4:33:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

Have you stopped to think that maybe you and Boot are not on the same time zone and that during these 15 hours that passed he was busy doing other things and didn't have access to a computer?!

Carolgr

Have you stopped to think that maybe I checked Boot's last log-on time and found out that it was AFTER I posted my main post?!
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

[Edit 1 times, last edit by bobsalive at Feb 15, 2008 4:41:37 PM]
[Feb 15, 2008 4:41:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shorty_Jack

Mate, please calm down. Even if you are right with your explanation, Boothook might be waiting until the deadline to announce the winner. I believe he was doing this to get others into looking at game mechanics specifically rumble. If he posted right after someone got the answer right, he wouldn't have accomplished what he was trying to do. I could be wrong at his motifs, but I believe he wants to give others a chance at solving this mystery.
Shortyjack of the Midnight Ocean
[Feb 15, 2008 4:45:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    silversleak [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Remember that one of the questions is "how does the game determine how much of the multi-row sprinkle pattern is used". You have not given an answer to that question yet.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 15, 2008 6:41:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

There was a deadline? o_O

Bah. /me goes back and reviews vids...

Explanation post edited... Note that I didn't already know this, I actually did go and watch lots of videos over and over again... and it hurts my head.... =(

I guess I should just wait until March 13 and sporadically check to see if anybody else bothered to have a go at figuring it out...
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

[Edit 3 times, last edit by bobsalive at Feb 15, 2008 9:31:32 PM]
[Feb 15, 2008 8:18:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Link102

If someone hits it dead-on, will you tell them before the deadline?
Roland, Malachite
SO of Ka-Tet
King of Vesuvius' Shadow
[Feb 16, 2008 8:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

If someone hits it dead-on, will you tell them before the deadline?

sure

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Edit 1 times, last edit by BootHook at Feb 16, 2008 9:50:38 PM]
[Feb 16, 2008 9:50:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Ok, here we go. My explanation is either 100% off or it is right; because honestly I can't tell if I'm psycho or if I'm a genious. I guess I'll find out. I used dual video analysis to try and find out how this secret phenomenon works. I delved into numerology even creepier than "the Number 23" and hypothesized things out of nowhere. So! Let's see how this goes.

Hypothesis: It all comes down to a question of evens or odds.

Let's start with a screenshot. The screenshot below depicts me breaking a sprinkle attack from my alt that is using fists. As you can see the groups spiked pretty evenly considering I was keeping an even board. They (sprinkles) tend to try and end on the same line in general. If you read the box on the bottom right it shows you what I've calculated each group into. Any group that does not have a label you can assume was either broken evenly or was dropped with the rest. If you really want you could calculate how much was broken/dropped based on the result screenshot but I don't suggest wasting your time. XD

and this is the result (using a blackjack):

*note the sprinkle came in two waves, probably a combination of the queue and time it took me to break originally

And for your convenience, the blackjack's pattern.

Not only did I notice that the same # of odds broken was the # of balls changed into the second part of the blackjack's pattern; I also noticed the balls were in seperate rows. The different colors indicate that they could be a part of the second pattern. The reason the first row is more abundant is because the amount of sprinkles generated from dropped pieces.

Conclusion: Based on the results the # off odd groups broken is congruent to the # of second row colors recieved.

So am I totally off? Am I totally psycho? Please tell me. <3

-Scervy of Hunter
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

Retired YPP player. Miss all my old pals from long ago
[Feb 17, 2008 6:43:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bobsalive

=( I guess I was completely off then... *sighs.

Good luck scervy!!! it seems like a reasonable suggestion so far...
Bobsalive of Hunter
SO of -Frozen-
Lord of Access Denied

[Feb 17, 2008 9:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
gooblenka

Ha. That's awesome. Fons and I were testing this the other day, and that was one of my crazy, half-brained ideas; mebbe it just comes down to odd/even numbers. Haa! :D I'm glad someone else did the research on this. Most amusing. ^.^
Jooles @ Frostmourne.
[Feb 18, 2008 2:03:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Link102

Whether or not I'm right, I'd just like to thank you for the nudge towards making me put in a little effort.

In my tests, I found that sending attacks up to a certain size would send a multi-row, and once the sprinkle became any larger, it would shrink, and send only a single row using the non-multi row pattern.

The biggest it can get is 17 balls, or a single row with an 8 ball multi row on top. The size attack that would give you this is a 3 ball attack with 50 dropoff, or a regular break 26 balls in size.

The break to attack sent ratio is 2/3 when breaking normally, and 1/3 when adding dropoff- meaning that breaking a group of 3 adds 2 balls to the sprinkle queue, and adding 3 dropoff adds 1 ball to the sprinkle queue. However, when breaking normally, just don't include the trigger block, or subtract one from the total group size, making the formula (b - 1)2/3. Round up if your finish is .66, round down if it's .33.

Each single attack can become as large as 17 balls, then turns into a single row. For example, breaking 25 would turn into a 16 ball sprinkle, using the multi row, but breaking 27 would be 17.66(rounded up)- which is too many- so would turn into a 9 ball sprinkle.

Each row accumulates in the queue until it's completed, and then a new row begins. For example, if you break 10, you've added 6 balls into the queue. Then you break another 10, and there's a total of 12 balls in the queue. This attack will be sent to the opponent (as a multi-row attack) after they send a few balls, but until then, you have the time to add more attacks into the queue. The new attacks will be built the same way the first one was, by frst filling the first row, and then any "spillover" being added as second row additions. The attack is sent all at once, in a pile.

Having the spillover add up to more than 17 has the same effect of adding more than 17 into the queue in one attack. So breaking 10, then breaking 19 will send only a single row.
Roland, Malachite
SO of Ka-Tet
King of Vesuvius' Shadow
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Link102 at Feb 18, 2008 12:24:33 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 2:35:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Link102

Edit: Sprinkle ratio fixed due to common sense.
Roland, Malachite
SO of Ka-Tet
King of Vesuvius' Shadow
[Feb 18, 2008 12:23:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Edit: Sprinkle ratio fixed due to common sense.

Just so you know, there's an edit button at the top left hand side of your original post.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dougerarg at Feb 18, 2008 12:38:37 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 12:38:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

The different colors indicate that they could be a part of the second pattern.

Dougerarg, I'm interested in how you determined that the top-left circled ball is part of the multi-row, considering that it's not one of the mismatched balls of the multi-row, and all the other balls you circled were mismatched balls. I'm also interested in how the right-most circled ball is one of the mismatched balls in the multi-row, considering that it's against the edge of the board, and the blackjack pattern doesn't have any mismatched balls on the edges of its pattern.

Having the spillover add up to more than 17 has the same effect of adding more than 17 into the queue in one attack. So breaking 10, then breaking 19 will send only a single row.

Link102, I need some clarification on your answer. Sometimes people get sprinkle attacks that are bigger than 2 rows, but it seems like you are saying that anything over 2 rows is getting squashed down to 1 row. Can you please clarify on how people will sometimes get sprinkle attacks that are bigger than 2 rows?

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 18, 2008 1:31:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

The different colors indicate that they could be a part of the second pattern.

Dougerarg, I'm interested in how you determined that the top-left circled ball is part of the multi-row, considering that it's not one of the mismatched balls of the multi-row, and all the other balls you circled were mismatched balls. I'm also interested in how the right-most circled ball is one of the mismatched balls in the multi-row, considering that it's against the edge of the board, and the blackjack pattern doesn't have any mismatched balls on the edges of its pattern.

I posted my response and then looked at my results again. It was a little ironic that I said I had posted the blackjack's pattern "for your convenience" because when I check it out I realized the balls were not matching. The upper-left one was out of color, and the right one just didn't belong. I went back to my computer and made this graphic:

*Typo in graphic; meant to be "seven including", not six

The graphic was a real helper with compare and contrast. With the blackjack's pattern right there you can tell what is part of the second row. Because only five out of the seven believed-to-be rows were indicated, I must have made two errors finding which clusters were broken oddly:

When I checked back on the video it revealed that the two yellow pieces had dropped off instead of breaking as an odd group. That left one error, and I couldn't find anything on the video, so instead I analyzed the resulting sprinkle next to the blackjack's pattern. If there were two holes in a sprinkle row that would be exactly where an indicator of the second row might be, than that would mean the sprinkle row was of the second type (note that the 5 indicator balls are still in seperate rows; therefore the row with two holes where indicator could possibly be cannot be in a row with indicators already in them.)
Sorry, this is getting a little complex. XD

If the bottom-most line that is striked with green is indeed the culprit; then both missing/mistaken parts of the original explanation are explained for, and the hypothesis/conclusion holds true.

...Whew.

-Scervy of Hunter
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dougerarg at Feb 18, 2008 3:04:02 PM]
[Feb 18, 2008 3:01:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Because only five out of the seven believed-to-be rows were indicated, I must have made two errors finding which clusters were broken oddly

I'm confused now. Before you were counting the number of mismatched balls, and now you are counting the number of believed to be rows?

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 18, 2008 8:02:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

Because only five out of the seven believed-to-be rows were indicated, I must have made two errors finding which clusters were broken oddly

I'm confused now. Before you were counting the number of mismatched balls, and now you are counting the number of believed to be rows?

Earlier I had noted that each of the indicator balls were in seperate rows, therefore it isn't too far of a stretch to say that the one remaining is in a row with both holes where an indicator ball could be.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

[Feb 19, 2008 3:25:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Earlier I had noted that each of the indicator balls were in seperate rows, therefore it isn't too far of a stretch to say that the one remaining is in a row with both holes where an indicator ball could be.

1) Are you declaring that indicator balls can never be on the same row? In other words, do you think that all the indicator balls on your board are on separate rows because the game is coded that way, or do you think they were coincidentally on different rows due to the way the sprinkles hit the uneven board?

2) There are 9 balls in the blackjack's multi-row sprinkle, but you are only counting the 2 mismatched balls in the pattern as being part of the multi-row sprinkle. What about the other 7 balls in the multi-row sprinkle? It is important to know when they are appearing on the board.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 19, 2008 7:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

1) Are you declaring that indicator balls can never be on the same row? In other words, do you think that all the indicator balls on your board are on separate rows because the game is coded that way, or do you think they were coincidentally on different rows due to the way the sprinkles hit the uneven board?

2) There are 9 balls in the blackjack's multi-row sprinkle, but you are only counting the 2 mismatched balls in the pattern as being part of the multi-row sprinkle. What about the other 7 balls in the multi-row sprinkle? It is important to know when they are appearing on the board.

1) Indicator balls can be in the same row, but both indicators won't necesarily be there, just like if there are two holes where the indicator could be. Just because a part(s) is missing, it's still the second pattern. I think that the balls are in seperate rows due to the way they filled up the queue (oddly.)

2) The reason I call them "indicator" balls is because they, unlike the other 7, are different from the first sprinkle row. If you see either of the indicators (two, in the blackjack's case) then you know that it is a second row sprinkle. However, if you see that both places where an indicator could theoretically be are empty, that row could be either first or second type of sprinkle. Due to the fact that I had broke 6 different odd groups, I assumed the bottom-most sprinkle to be the second type, although it isn't incorrect to say it was the first type, but if that was the case it would disprove my theory, therefore I had to assume it was the multi-row. You can see the other seven balls when they are aligned with an indicator ball or two holes where indicators could be.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

[Feb 19, 2008 11:13:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

I assumed the bottom-most sprinkle to be the second type, although it isn't incorrect to say it was the first type, but if that was the case it would disprove my theory, therefore I had to assume it was the multi-row.

Instead of trying your theory on a different board, you would rather make assumptions on the current board in order to protect your theory?

Conclusion: Based on the results the # off odd groups broken is congruent to the # of second row colors recieved.

I guess the main problem is that one of the goals is to figure out how much of the multi-row pattern will get used, but your conclusion is only concerning yourself with the # of second row colors recieved. For example, how does your conclusion work with a fish, whose single-row sprinkle pattern is identical to its multi-row sprinkle pattern?

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 19, 2008 12:22:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dougerarg

I assumed the bottom-most sprinkle to be the second type, although it isn't incorrect to say it was the first type, but if that was the case it would disprove my theory, therefore I had to assume it was the multi-row.

Instead of trying your theory on a different board, you would rather make assumptions on the current board in order to protect your theory?

I guess the main problem is that one of the goals is to figure out how much of the multi-row pattern will get used, but your conclusion is only concerning yourself with the # of second row colors recieved. For example, how does your conclusion work with a fish, whose single-row sprinkle pattern is identical to its multi-row sprinkle pattern?

I'm about to work on a different example using my conclusion, however, I don't understand why it matters which row you're using with a fish considering they are both identical. What's the difference? I suppose it would be calculated the same way you would calculate with a blackjack, only instead of counting by looking at indicators you use what you've seen from the broken/dropped sprinkle (even group=1 ball, odd group=1multi-row group, dropped ball=.5 ball). I will edit this post with another example of odds/evens sprinkling except this time with a fist.

Edit: Also, I know I'm doing a lotttt of work here. Am I totally totally off? Am I down the wrong trail? Because if I am I'd like to be stopped now.. because I have a few other ideas to toss up.
Scervy of Hunter
Omnis on Sage

[Edit 2 times, last edit by Dougerarg at Feb 19, 2008 4:33:36 PM]
[Feb 19, 2008 12:55:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

I'm about to work on a different example using my conclusion, however, I don't understand why it matters which row you're using with a fish considering they are both identical. What's the difference? I suppose it would be calculated the same way you would calculate with a blackjack, only instead of counting by looking at indicators you use what you've seen from the broken/dropped sprinkle (even group=1 ball, odd group=1multi-row group, dropped ball=.5 ball). I will edit this post with another example of odds/evens sprinkling except this time with a fist.

Here is an example:

Due to the fact that the orange ball (which is part of the multi-row sprinkle pattern) is surrounded on all 6 sides with cyan balls, I would claim there is an extremely high chance that the cyan balls to the left and to the right of the orange ball are also part of the multi-row sprinkle pattern. Likewise, there are other balls on the board I would also claim to have a very high chance of being part of the multi-row sprinkle pattern.

However, your current theory isn't recognizing these multi-row sprinkle balls. The main problem is that your theory relies too much on mismatched sprinkle balls, which aren't a good indicator on how many overall multi-row sprinkle balls are on your board.

Whether or not you want to try a different theory is up to you, but I do suggest that you find a more reliable way to determine the exact number of multi-row sprinkle balls on your board.

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Feb 19, 2008 10:01:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 327   Pages: 11   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates