• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 113
Posts: 113   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30204 times and has 112 replies Next Thread
DaneT

Re: Poker is Rigged! Reply to this Post

I've been sitting on this for a while letting the numbers pan out, but now I'm absolutely sure of it:

I won a Green/black Parrot a few months back, and after buying and wearing a clothing set to match, I've been winning every fifth hand since I equipped it, no matter the cards I have. Well, unless I purposely fold it to avoid winning.

I think there is something going on to the numbers in the background when it comes to having a familiar and clothing. I bet there's a perfect colour combination out there that wins every hand no matter what. We just need to find it!

Putting up my info for those who want to confirm it:
Black/Green Turban
Black/Green Swashbuckler's jacket
Black/Green Kilt
Black/Green Fancy boots
Black/Green Parrot

Pfft. I haven't lost a hand in months, without any of that gear. You need better hax.

Well, yeah, you must have gear that changes the numbers better to your favour.
----------------------------------------
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Mar 16, 2011 8:59:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Starflight14

well if this is true, it means your exploiting a bug which means you are violating tos...
Officerblue on the ocean of elites... COBALT

Now retired :/ BACK AGAIN!!!!
[Mar 16, 2011 10:30:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Muahaha i know the secret to poker... I know how to make millions, i know why some people get good cards and some don't. Its called rhythm and melody...

Fixed.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Mar 17, 2011 1:56:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nooblar

well if this is true, it means your exploiting a bug which means you are violating tos...

Pretty sure its a feature, not a bug mate. That's why you need a familiar to do it.
Nooblar and/or Nerdbeard on Sage/Emerald
Cartrunner wrote: 

<3
Dear forum alt: since you inquired, no, I do not endorse ban evasion.

Tilinkatar!
[Mar 17, 2011 4:37:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

I remeber, when i won my Black SH , i won mills in poker as well.

After i sold it, i lost a few again.
Bought a Spring Green Parrot and won up to 13m again.

Sounds random but its true.

Also i always won when i took a loan of a certain pirate, never lost those 200k won like 400k with it, payed back and lost with my own 200k...

Random but weird?!
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Mar 17, 2011 5:08:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Baddmark

Heh. The +5 Parrot of Poker.
[Mar 17, 2011 7:03:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I have noticed that when I am wearing all new clothes or all rags, I win constantly; whereas when I have on a mix of good clothes and rags, I lose even with flushes and FHs.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Mar 18, 2011 1:46:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

I <3 you guys
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Mar 18, 2011 7:21:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Speaking of lucky clothes, I find that if I am wearing all black, it tends to be after I have had a run of good luck on the poker tables, but when I am wearing rags, I tend to have had a run of bad luck on the tables.

My theory is that you have to wear black to have good luck.

Period. End of story.

[Mar 18, 2011 10:56:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Geez, it is *NOT* clothes. I've figured it out and I have *NEVER* lost a *SINGLE* hand at YPP poker.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Mar 19, 2011 4:30:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

I won my millions after purchasing clothes from Lotsofgoats's Clothing Emporium.

Poker kits starting at only $19.95, call now!
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Mar 19, 2011 4:34:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DeepNine

Thalatta wrote: 

You're an idiot. There are several ways to get genuinely random numbers into a computer, though most of us wouldn't bother because the pseudo-random numbers your standard Math.random etc produce are far, far more random than a real person shuffling a pack of cards anyway.

It's arguable that none of those are truly random - they're just impossible to predict.

Though the same can be said of flipping coins and rolling dice.

Laplace's Demon

"It's not a pseudorandom number generator. It's a pseudorandom world."
Nine of Tyr's Own
Currently on loan to: Dies Irae
[Mar 19, 2011 6:16:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pueblagamess

1. me cant believe me post in this thread.

2. just read it so many times... that me just wanna share a little sumthing... like a nobody.

3. the real issue about winning poker is not about whether it is rigged or not... it never has been.

4. to win in poker like in any betting game..... depends on ye knowledge of betting. (harr! ye already knew that!)

Example. who ye betting with; when ye r betting (preflop/flop/turn/river); how ye bet; in other cases, what ye bet (does not applies here).

We are not betting against a programme here... else me will not play poker anymore n go buy black boxes.... we are playing against players.

Not all are borned mindless.

~ML

sidenote:

poker maybe seen as a tool of a mind game..... muchy like chess.... ye enjoy it better if ye play that way.
Piratename: Mindless
Piratetype: Notorious Guardians
Get-to-know-Mindless: http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Mindless (last update:09 Feb 2012)
[Edit 4 times, last edit by pueblagamess at Apr 18, 2011 2:40:22 AM]
[Apr 18, 2011 2:32:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

I don't get it. Maybe I was borned mindless.

You say its about when you bet thats important... I bet when I have 2 hearts and there is a heart on the flop and another heart on the turn... but I only get a heart on the river like maybe 25% of the time!!!!?!!!?!! Whats the deal with that. You cant tell me that is not broken.

Period. End of story.

[Apr 18, 2011 5:57:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marundel

I don't get it. Maybe I was borned mindless.

You say its about when you bet thats important... I bet when I have 2 hearts and there is a heart on the flop and another heart on the turn... but I only get a heart on the river like maybe 25% of the time!!!!?!!!?!! Whats the deal with that. You cant tell me that is not broken.

If there are already hearts out on the table and in your hand, and accepting a standard distribution of cards among other players at the table, if you're hitting a flush on the river 25% of the time, you're doing VERY well.
Pizzahutpete on the Cerulean Ocean
Prince, Super Awesomeness
SO, Boochin' Drunks

Pizzahutpete everywhere, thanks to the merge
[Apr 18, 2011 7:17:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.thehomebrewstore.com    meadbrewer [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

If there are already hearts out on the table and in your hand, and accepting a standard distribution of cards among other players at the table, if you're hitting a flush on the river 25% of the time, you're doing VERY well.

25% is a strict maximum limit, but it would be incorrect to say "I can see 4 hearts in 6 cards, therefore the odds of another heart are 9 in 46". That works out to about 19.5%, which is a strict lower limit.

An observer who can't see any player's cards, just those on the table, would expect an 11 in 48 chance, i.e. 22.9%, of another heart on the river, and that's a better estimate, but still not "correct" for a player.

Anyway, I'm not going to calculate the odds of 0 to 9 hearts still being in the deck for from 2 to 9 other players; it is enough to know that the odds do drop from 1 in 4 to a worst case of 1 in 5, which is not enough of a difference to be relevant at this level of poker. It is a big gamble either way, and you have to have a bunch of people seeing you, which is not uncommon here, and of course the risk that someone else is also looking for a flush on the river always exists (then again, it could be lower).
[Apr 18, 2011 7:46:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chaosrunner9

I had pocket 10s and the other guy had 3 3 but he won!!!111 That's like unimpossible wtf f f f f f
[Apr 18, 2011 8:17:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotsofgoats

[joke post]
[nerd post]
[joke post]
[nerd post]
[nerd reply]
[joke post]
[joke reply]
I am Lotsofgoats and I approve this message.
[Apr 18, 2011 1:50:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mezzzo

[joke post]
[nerd post]
[joke post]
[nerd post]
[nerd reply]
[joke post]
[joke reply]

Sooo true.
Mezzo :D

Hanging out...
Avy by Masters!
[Apr 19, 2011 4:16:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lillebroren

To all who do not know anything: When you sit at a table, you might play what, 300-400 hands?

Now, how many deck shuffles are there possible? Any deck of 52 can be "shuffles" 52! ways...
80,658,175,170,943,878,571,660,636,856,403,766,975,289,505,440,883,277,824,000,000,000,000
(http://www.worsleyschool.net/science/files/deck/ofcards.html) learn to Google.

NOW. you saw 200-500 of those, that's what, LESS than .0000000000000000000000001% , so congratulations, your "IMPOSSIBLE" came from a test period of a fraction so small it doesn't even register. the odds of your little 1% chances happening in an incredibly small percentage could be 100% IF that 1% of the 52! happened in a few quadrillion shuffles that your 200-300 hands just HAPPENED to be within (which isnt hard, if you know how to compare numbers at all)

My point, 1% chances doesn't apply to you, regardless how very special you must be. even .005% chances don't apply to you, regardless how incredibly awesome you are at math. You saw nothing of a total probability and based your entire analysis on it, proving you're nothing but a blind egocentric moron. Statistics is about entire periods of total possibility, not personal luck for being in the .000000000 whatever% that was a part of an infinitely larger group.

Learn2math (now let the trolls come flame because they want to defend their honor pretending to be smart); -gg
[Aug 9, 2011 7:21:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dylan

Learn2math (now let the trolls come flame because they want to defend their honor pretending to be smart); -gg

Not flaming, at least you are trying to learn.

One issue is that computers typically use pseudo-random number generators, and this work on n-bit seed. They can therefore generate only 2^n of all possible decks, and to make things worse, mathematically speaking you can spot patterns emerging after the root of that gets used. For a 32-bit computer, that's just 2^16 = 65k. Still more than 300-400 by an order of magnitude, but not much more than that.
[Aug 9, 2011 7:34:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lillebroren

if they only had 65,000 possiblities from a 32 bit seed, then their current use of nanotime plus whatever else they use overkills it by 999.035 mil each second (nanosecond = 1,000,000,000 per second)
Why is it that they have a scope that breaks into the ten trillions of possibilities daily with only 65k possible?

I amm curious, because I never did know two seeds with diff values (different nanosecond values) could have the same output in an rng.
(Note that getting a server uptime to the nanosecond is impossible)

scratch some of this, did a bit of research... 32 bit has a 50% *chance* of collision after 2^16, not guaranteed, but the random can produce 48 bits last i found as well, which is still a large sum. altogether it is stil unlikely to hit true statistic irregularities considering you as a person might get the same cards.... but unless the dealer is in the SAME spot each time, those cards are, in fact, in a different position of the deck.... Still laugh at the "I got rivered its rigged" because one of the cards still in the deck came on the river xD
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lillebroren at Aug 9, 2011 1:21:11 PM]
[Aug 9, 2011 1:12:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BobJanova

It's worth bearing in mind that even an exact RNG repeat won't produce the same game if other conditions are different (notably the number of seats). But it's an interesting point that a pseudo-random shuffler with even a 64 bit seed can only sample a tiny fraction of all possible deck combinations.
Bobjanova on Viridian and Malachite
Shops and stalls with fair and profitable wages for all: Jubilee, Napi, Chelydra
Stripped/Barely Dressed (Malachite)
Phantasm/Reign of Chaos (Viridian)
[Aug 10, 2011 1:25:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 113   Pages: 4   [ First Page | Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates