• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 814 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Blimmy

Pausing Puzzles (was: ... a tiny thing) Reply to this Post

I think you should let people know that you can pause puzzles.

Like, let them know in the tutorial, because I've been playing for a few games, and I had to get the phone every little while which caused me to booch (sp?), cause I had no idea I could simply pause the puzzles.

I know this isn't much, but just trying to help anyway I can.
[Jul 20, 2003 2:14:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Re: Pausing Puzzles (was: ... a tiny thing) Reply to this Post

You can pause most of the puzzles by pressing Esc.

However, seeing as they are still "realtime", you will still not get a good score if you didn't make a few fabulous moves before you paused. And if you do it when you are out with a crew and they get into battle, you majorly risk getting booted - so save this tip for the navy. I wouldn't keep on a pirate who regularly answered the phone during a battle (except Ursela - she is me captain after all; and we still win, cos she's a demon at multi-tasking - she was probably stirfrying something for dinner and making the lame walk at the same time).
[Jul 20, 2003 2:35:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Blimmy

no no, I mean, for people who are NEW as in just started the game, should probly be told that you can pause the games (maybe in the tutorial), for when they're in the navy and such. That's what I meant.
[Jul 21, 2003 2:50:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Aye; I agree that it would be a good feature to mention in the tutorial - just pointing out the drawbacks to using it ;-)
[Jul 21, 2003 6:10:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates